What's happening with Stroud?

It's just you.

Yeah its just you JPS.

Stoud DE is Unfathomable.

He doesn't have the speed but he could make a pocket collapse real quick.

Plus if they try to double him at the DE, a LB will be free for a Blitz.

Will be interesting to see.

I'm not worried about the Defense as much as the NO-ffense.

I think he's ideal for that spot... We need to find a NT. I am thinking more and more they are planning on using a high pick for a NT.

I actually Like T. Cody with our 2d or 3d if he's there. He looked disgusting at the combine but his game film doesn't lie.

I might be out of the loop, does anyone know what our plan is for Stroud with the switch to the 3-4?

He will play DE on most downs - not sure which side. He is taller than he is wide. Should be quite good at DE. May slide to NT on obvious pasing downs for more penetration up the middle.

He's not tough enough to play the middle. Is it me or is everyone disappointed in this guy?

He's a penetrating DT not a low to the ground, wide body NT. He's tall and about 300 to 310 pounds. So no, I'm not disappointed in him. He's durable and our best lineman. He may play nose in certain situation, but he's not a NT. He may be better off dropping a few pounds and becoming a DE.

I just couldn't believe how much I saw him out near the hash marks...and not by his choice. And if he was so good, why did RBs routinely get to the 2nd level up the middle? and why did we have one of the worst run defenses in the league?

For a man his size, he just doesn't seem to impose his will on a consistent basis. I'm open to him being a dominant DE, but I am not optimistic.

I just couldn't believe how much I saw him out near the hash marks...and not by his choice. And if he was so good, why did RBs routinely get to the 2nd level up the middle? and why did we have one of the worst run defenses in the league?

For a man his size, he just doesn't seem to impose his will on a consistent basis. I'm open to him being a dominant DE, but I am not optimistic.

Are you familiar with our LB corps?

IMO, Stroud is not the same player he was in Jacksonville. I don't know whether or not it's him breaking down, the system he was in, or the difference in support but he hasn't made a consistent impact in Buffalo yet.

I think he is a good player still and is very likable, so I'm happy he's here. I also think he is one of a few guys that stand to benefit greatly from the defense change. I believe Stroud has mentioned that he knows he's not a 3-4 NT. If you look around the league most 3-4 NT are in the 6'0 - 6'2 range and thick. It's not about strength and toughness, Stroud isn't built to get low and anchor in that defense. At 6'6 he doesn't have the leverage, so DE will fit him just right I think.