A. Bryant signs with Cincy

I seriously doubt Cincy signs TO now that they have signed Bryant, so with Balt trading for Boldin too that leaves really no known possible destinations for him. The only 2 teams that pubicly have shown any interest (although Balt's interest was very low any way) have gone out and paid good money for other WR's...

Could he find himself without a job this year?

Would the Bills bring him back for cheap if he had no other takers?

Would NE bring him in for cheap if he had no other options?

I seriously doubt Cincy signs TO now that they have signed Bryant, so with Balt trading for Boldin too that leaves really no known possible destinations for him. The only 2 teams that pubicly have shown any interest (although Balt's interest was very low any way) have gone out and paid good money for other WR's...

I still think he'll find a job in Chicago.

Well since the Bills don't want him back that's out.

Seems like he will have to wait until somebody gets hurt before he signs on with somebody.

He does have something left in the tank ,somebody will pick him up I think, it only takes one team to pull the trigger.

The interesting thing to me is that among the seemingly numerous areas of Bills FA inactivity, seeking a #2 WR is prominent to me on the list.

Its hard to read motivations into this and even remotely be accurate (not that it does or should stop us armchair pundits) but the Bills have a clear need (one they exacerbated by saying bye to Josh Reed) and actually have $6 million in salary cap room committed to the position last year which even if they utilized it in part they should be able to get talent which in a good year for them would threaten to equal TOs 09 output for the Bills.

As the Bills have not yet officially said adios to TO in the same manner they have actually told other FAs like Reed, it does not seem unreasonable if you were the Bills to guesstimate that the market for TO is at worst the $5 per year Cincy apparently used to attract him to visit another small market cold climate (in the modern Internet and easy travel world I think the market size question is a factor but often not a determining one for many FAs) city.

Can TO come back?

I think it is doubtful actually as he would likely need to accept a serious contract downsizing that in terms of his attempts to market himself to VH1 and such would make this effort harder. However, a long term backended deal which has a large size but small cash to cap payout might work.

Depends on the options and in a WR rich draft there are too many wildcards to say without some real inside knowledge.

The interesting thing to me is that among the seemingly numerous areas of Bills FA inactivity, seeking a #2 WR is prominent to me on the list.

Its hard to read motivations into this and even remotely be accurate (not that it does or should stop us armchair pundits) but the Bills have a clear need (one they exacerbated by saying bye to Josh Reed) and actually have $6 million in salary cap room committed to the position last year which even if they utilized it in part they should be able to get talent which in a good year for them would threaten to equal TOs 09 output for the Bills.

As the Bills have not yet officially said adios to TO in the same manner they have actually told other FAs like Reed, it does not seem unreasonable if you were the Bills to guesstimate that the market for TO is at worst the $5 per year Cincy apparently used to attract him to visit another small market cold climate (in the modern Internet and easy travel world I think the market size question is a factor but often not a determining one for many FAs) city.

Can TO come back?

I think it is doubtful actually as he would likely need to accept a serious contract downsizing that in terms of his attempts to market himself to VH1 and such would make this effort harder. However, a long term backended deal which has a large size but small cash to cap payout might work.

Depends on the options and in a WR rich draft there are too many wildcards to say without some real inside knowledge.

You think TO turned down an offer in Cincy?

No way. That interview was a courtesy to OC and his agent.

The only logical explanation in choosing Antonio Bryant (you want to talk irrelevant on the field) over TO is that TO turned down Cincy's offer. It's actually fairly obvious.

Actually, this is not true at all. Its already been reported by Schefter and others that Cincy never offered TO a contract of any kind. He left Cincy with no offer and then they went out and signed Bryant.

They chose Bryant over TO. Could be they new TO was going to expect a higher offer that they were not prepared to give him, but either way, they elected to pass on offering TO a contract and instead make an offer to Bryant which he accepted.

Actually, this is not true at all. Its already been reported by Schefter and others that Cincy never offered TO a contract of any kind. He left Cincy with no offer and then they went out and signed Bryant.

They chose Bryant over TO. Could be they new TO was going to expect a higher offer that they were not prepared to give him, but either way, they elected to pass on offering TO a contract and instead make an offer to Bryant which he accepted.

I stand corrected. Although it makes the Bungles look even dumber. If people think TO brings distractions/problems and is in decline...

I stand corrected. Although it makes the Bungles look even dumber. If people think TO brings distractions/problems and is in decline...

Yeah, seemed like a no brainer to me for them to sign him. Although, Bryant was a decent signing too, but TO I think compliments Ocho more and you already know Ocho can share the ball as he did with TJ. I bet TO was licking his chops to play for that offense compared to ours too, so he would have been on his best behavior...

Yeah, seemed like a no brainer to me for them to sign him. Although, Bryant was a decent signing too, but TO I think compliments Ocho more and you already know Ocho can share the ball as he did with TJ. I bet TO was licking his chops to play for that offense compared to ours too, so he would have been on his best behavior...

Bryant's had a mediocre career, having eclipsed 1,000 yards twice in his career (and the first time just barely) and has never scored more than 7 TD's. Beyond that, he's a MAJOR head case who has already been suspended by the league. He just came off a 39 catch 600 yard and 4 TD season. And yet the Bungles give him a 4-year $28M deal. :devil:

I think it's a good signing for them, if he is a blocker. I've no idea... Coles didn't work out in the pass game. He remarked about QB Palmer after he got cut...about Palmer wanting tall receivers. Coles was right - Palmer can't get the ball down (kinda like McNabb) and rifle it in anymore. And he defines the term "timing quarterback." With his huge contract they gave him, they are stuck with him for the next several years.

We will see if they miss Coles - he was absoultely terrific re run/pass blocking.

The signing does affect the 1st round, though. CIN is likely out of any derby for receivers there, not that WRs seem to be a big part of the 1st action. They are in the market for a guard...Bobbie Williams has faltered with his age, and Bryant's $$$ cuts down their money pool. They are in good shape with LBs, so I doubt they will interfere with BUF's picks there through the 2nd and beyond.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for a DE at the 21 spot. Geathers hasn't been able to repeat his big year, and Antwan Odom's recovery from a torn Achillles remains questionable - he's had leg problems before. They need safety help - they are idiots if they go after Mays, IMO. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Whitner somehow ended up with them, though.

I think they will get a 3rd rnd comp pick - they lost Fitz and Housh, and Coles was bought outside of FA, IIRC.

They might tap Tebow in the 3rd, if they have an extra pick. Their #2 is JT O'Sullivan (?) and Palmer's younger brother, Jordan...who can make all the throws, but has no idea about pocket presence.

The only logical explanation in choosing Antonio Bryant (you want to talk irrelevant on the field) over TO is that TO turned down Cincy's offer. It's actually fairly obvious.

Another classic.

You have always struggled with the obvious. And this one was so obviously wrong on its face, yet you couldn't resist jumping right in.

Another classic.

You have always struggled with the obvious. And this one was so obviously wrong on its face, yet you couldn't resist jumping right in.

Oh, the irony! What is "obvious" in WEOland is very different from what's obvious in the real world. Like claiming you know better than people who actually played the game and now get paid to analyze it. That was definitely "another classic."

And what's also obvious is that TO is still a better WR than Bryant. Well, to most. Oh and BTW, congrats on getting that GM job with the Bungles!

Oh, the irony! What is "obvious" in WEOland is very different from what's obvious in the real world. Like claiming you know better than people who actually played the game and now get paid to analyze it. That was definitely "another classic."

And what's also obvious is that TO is still a better WR than Bryant. Well, to most. And as an aside, congrats on getting that GM job with the Bungles!

Again arguing against statements I never made in order to salvage some poorly made point. Sure, maybe hiring Bryant wasn't a great move (never said it was, doc). But what I did say is that it was obvious that since reports all said he left without an offer, the interview was a courtesy to OC and their shared agent. There is no other logical conclusion.

And yes, I am on an island with my belief that Deion Sanders does not review the (even condensed and prescreened and cliff noted) film of every offensive down of the Buffalo Bills to declare TO open "all the time"---and that I think Sanders is a clown placed on TV for comic relief and not as a cerebral analyst. Caught me.

Again arguing against statements I never made in order to salvage some poorly made point. Sure, maybe hiring Bryant wasn't a great move (never said it was, doc). But what I did say is that it was obvious that since reports all said he left without an offer, the interview was a courtesy to OC and their shared agent. There is no other logical conclusion.

The OP didn't mention he left without an offer, there was no link to tell me he left without an offer, and I didn't scour the internet looking for 9 "Antonio Bryant signing/TO not given an offer" articles. The only logical conclusion I could come to (again assuming the Bungles had a clue) was that TO turned down their offer, hence they turned to the B-lister Bryant.

And yes, I am on an island with my belief that Deion Sanders does not review the (even condensed and prescreened and cliff noted) film of every offensive down of the Buffalo Bills to declare TO open "all the time"---and that I think Sanders is a clown placed on TV for comic relief and not as a cerebral analyst. Caught me.

While I'd be willing to agree with you on the last part, Deion is but one of their analysts. And if he were as much of a clown as you suggest, none of the other guys (surely even you wouldn't suggest that none of them watch game film of the teams about which they're commenting) would be taking his word as gospel. The fact that Mariucci said/agreed with the comment that TO is "open a lot of the time," considering he's not a clown, he and TO have no love lost for each other and he's a former coach and a guy who WOULD watch every snap of every team, speaks volumes.

The OP didn't mention he left without an offer, there was no link to tell me he left without an offer, and I didn't scour the internet looking for 9 "Antonio Bryant signing/TO not given an offer" articles. The only logical conclusion I could come to (again assuming the Bungles had a clue) was that TO turned down their offer, hence they turned to the B-lister Bryant.

You should look both ways before you crossed the street. If you looked even at one article (they all came from the AP), you would have known what we have been discussing in this thread.

While I'd be willing to agree with you on the last part, Deion is but one of their analysts. And if he were as much of a clown as you suggest, none of the other guys (surely even you wouldn't suggest that none of them watch game film of the teams about which they're commenting) would be taking his word as gospel. The fact that Mariucci said/agreed with the comment that TO is "open a lot of the time," considering he's not a clown, he and TO have no love lost for each other and he's a former coach and a guy who WOULD watch every snap of every team, speaks volumes.

I'm going to let you keep going with that one. Clinging to Faulk and Sanders for credibility.