Nix in Stillwater

Beerball

"Quarterback Zac Robinson, who by most accounts had a solid outing at the NFL combine, threw again for scouts Wednesday. Robinson said a shoulder injury that he suffered on Nov. 14 against Texas Tech has healed. Robinson was overshadowed during his career by other standout Big 12 Conference quarterbacks including Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Texas' Colt McCoy but is hopeful an NFL team will take a chance on him.

"It was just a matter of getting my strength back in my ... shoulder and just letting it rip like I used to," Robinson said. "They said they saw everything they needed and I feel really good about it. I've just got to keep working."

So, Zac in the 6th round??

Aaaaaaak, the world will come to an end!

Robinson, who by the end of the 2009 season was hampered by shoulder and ankle injuries, spent several weeks working in California with former Buffalo Bills quarterback Rob Johnson.

Okung won't fall. Sure hope we aren't trading up. Would rather take Bulaga or trade down.

95% chance you're right that he won't fall, but weird things happen occasionally. I'd rather Buddy was prepared in case he somehow does manage to fall.

No one uses the chart anymore. It doesn't take into account player salaries in the value of picks.

They still use it. They just have a very legitimate argument to raise/lower their demands based on salaries. But the other team has just as legit an argument saying "Hey, the chart is about percentage chance of success. If you want your guy, you have to pay the salary."

In the world of possibilities, if the Bills traded up with the Lions, how many picks would they have to give up to do so?

Google "nfl draft pick value chart" or just go here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

Our pick, #9, is worth 1350, and the Lions pick, #2, is worth 2600. We would (theoretically) have to make up 1250 points.

And that's not possible, even using all of our draft picks this year:

#41 = 490

#73 = 225

#105 = 84

#137 = 37.5

#169 = 24.8

#201 = 12

#233 = 2.1

All of our remaining picks would only 875.4.

And no way are we stupid enough to trade away all our picks. The bottom line is that only if the Lions are highly motivated would they take any offer we made.

The deals start to be mathematically possible according to the chart when it gets to pick #5 (1700 points) or even maybe pick #4 (1800 points).

If we do trade up, that would be where it starts to be realistic to do so.

The ONLY guy worth giving up draft picks for buffalo to draft is Suh...and I can't even imagine how many first or second round picks it would take to get him. I think we stay where we are and get the best OT that falls to us of the five blue chippers in the pool this year.