Tim Tebow

Ask the Alabama defense what round tearbow should be drafted in.
Go ahead and ask them. What did u forget about how he destroyed them the previous year in the SEC championship? A game where he threw 3 fourth quarter touchdowns. did u forget that?

Not really. He was exposed because he finally played a quality team.
Do u follow college football at all? They play in the SEC. By far the best conference in the nation. every week its a quality team.

Yeah, QB's with weak arms, poor mechanics and no experience running a pro style offense are a rare thing indeed. Tebow is a once in life time opportunity to make a complete ass of ourselves while the rest of the league giggles at our stupidity.
Poor mechanics i'll give u that. everything else u said couldnt have been more wrong. Even Mel kiper prob tebows biggest doubter, said just last week. That he has if not the strongest, close to the strongest arm in the draft. Ok well i guess u got the part about not running a pro style offense correct. But Sam bradford didnt run a pro style offense either. And sorry to tell u but the rest of the league already giggles at the bills.

The Gators (2 years ago) would only play the Canes at Florida and would not play a home and away. The Hurricane QB at the time as wellas a large portion of the team had still been in high school some months before. After all this the Hurricanes held the Gators to their lowest point total of the season.

So take that you junior college drop out.

My man you need to do some fact checking before u just start throwing things out there. so you do know that college football schedules are made years in advance right? The gators and hurricanes agreed to a home and home series back in 2002. The games were to be played in 08 in Gainsville and 2013 in Miami. Oh and by the way floridas lowest point total that year was against oklahoma in the title game. They scored 24 that game, they scored 26 against miami. They beat miami 26-3 and pulled Tebow the fourth quarter. So it could have been alot worse. Also another thing u got wrong is the Qb in that game was robert marve, a redshirt freshman. Not as u say a guy who was in high school a few months before.

all the heart in the world doesnt make up for a lack of ability.

you don't throw 88 touchdowns and run for 57 more. While only throwing 16 INTS for a whole career. You don't become the first sophomore to ever win a heisman. Or the only player ever to be a heisman finalist 3 times. You don't lead your team to a national championship as a starter. While being the leading rusher as a freshman for another national championship team. And then coming 1 game short from ur third championship. You don't do all these things with only heart. Rudy had heart. Tebow has heart and a lots and lots of ability.......

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Tim tebow, but not in the 1st round. With that said I am stating that I will support him if the Bills draft him. So if they do and he does good I do not want anybody saying I jumped on the Tebow bandwagon. If you are with me post now that you are behind him so we aren't accused of jumping on the wagon.

Pay close attention all! they are making some moves...with more to come in the FA. I think they draft Tim in the 1st or they will not get a chance at all.

Go ahead and ask them. What did u forget about how he destroyed them the previous year in the SEC championship? A game where he threw 3 fourth quarter touchdowns. did u forget that?

Do u follow college football at all? They play in the SEC. By far the best conference in the nation. every week its a quality team.

Poor mechanics i'll give u that. everything else u said couldnt have been more wrong. Even Mel kiper prob tebows biggest doubter, said just last week. That he has if not the strongest, close to the strongest arm in the draft. Ok well i guess u got the part about not running a pro style offense correct. But Sam bradford didnt run a pro style offense either. And sorry to tell u but the rest of the league already giggles at the bills.

My man you need to do some fact checking before u just start throwing things out there. so you do know that college football schedules are made years in advance right? The gators and hurricanes agreed to a home and home series back in 2002. The games were to be played in 08 in Gainsville and 2013 in Miami. Oh and by the way floridas lowest point total that year was against oklahoma in the title game. They scored 24 that game, they scored 26 against miami. They beat miami 26-3 and pulled Tebow the fourth quarter. So it could have been alot worse. Also another thing u got wrong is the Qb in that game was robert marve, a redshirt freshman. Not as u say a guy who was in high school a few months before.

you don't throw 88 touchdowns and run for 57 more. While only throwing 16 INTS for a whole career. You don't become the first sophomore to ever win a heisman. Or the only player ever to be a heisman finalist 3 times. You don't lead your team to a national championship as a starter. While being the leading rusher as a freshman for another national championship team. And then coming 1 game short from ur third championship. You don't do all these things with only heart. Rudy had heart. Tebow has heart and a lots and lots of ability.......

So are you saying draft him while you can?

Wow dib, you surprize me with your comments in this thread. No worries, I'll get over it.

I grew up a Jackie Kemp fan. It disgusted me to see that gangly doofus Collins pull his jersey number out of mothballs, but I hoped for the best. ..Shoulda left it where it was...

As no one can, I don't know what to expect from Tebow, but he comes far more highly touted than the QB we selected in the first round back in '83.

If he becomes a Bill -at any selection, I'm more than OK with giving him Jack's number!!

Jim Kelly was very highly thought of going in to the 1983 draft, far more so than Tebow. Who is touting him other than his fans around here? Everything I hear is that he is a nice guy but won't make it in the pros. Its always a shame to see a guy with a great college career run up against the limit of his abilities and I hope he is the exception. The risk of a bust are just too high with this guy.

Over the years I have seen guys like this come and go by the dozen, great college careers playing for stellar programs that simply don't have NFL level skills. All those accolades prove only that he was a good player on a good team. I have seen him play and I'm sorry but I just don't see the skill. A lot of the plays he made were with his feet, he is built almost like a fullback, but that skill is going to be useless in the NFL. Take that away from him and he becomes very average. For a team with an established starter with relatively few holes on the roster, this guy would be worth a gamble and the development time to basically rework his mechanics from the ground up. But for a team like the Bills, a team that can't possibly afford yet another QB disaster, that has a roster full of holes? Why on earth would we take gamble on a guy like that? Tell me why the risks with Tebow are less than with Clausen, McCoy or LeFevour? Tell me why he would be more of a sure thing in the second round than the OT's, LB's, WR's, C's and DT's that will be there early in the second? And really, I don't want to hear that he is just such a gosh darn nice guy. That doesn't get it done in the NFL. Trent is a nice guy, dedicated, disciplined, etc. Heck, even JP worked his butt off. It didn't matter. I don't care if he won the "Best Human in the World Award" for 4 straight years. If he can't read a defense or look off a corner he is going to fail in the NFL.

ok so you have no clue what lineman really do, that much is clear.

For those wanting tebow, how do you think that loose spiral will fare in the buffalo winds?

My guess is not too well, you dont take a project qb in the 2nd, you take him in the 4th-5th. drafting tebow that high would be a monumental mistake.

I guess you're right. A NT's job is much more complex than a starting QB. You really put me in my place.

The thing about Tebow that is hard to ignore is: Over 130 Touchdowns, 16 interceptions...in the SEC. If you remove the name, the hype and all the negative media crap and I told you we just spent a 2nd rounder on 130 TDs, 16 interceptions in the SEC...you'd say "good pick". But because Mike Mayock and Nolan Nawrocki say he has a long delivery, YOU discount his incredible career.

Flutie threw an ugly ball, yet was successful. Tarkington, Jurgenson, McMahon..Nobody would confuse their spirals with Drew Brees.

What you want to know is: Is Tebow accurate? Career 67% completion rate and he had a QB rating in the stratosphere. Don't buy the bad hype. Dunno if he'll be a great NFL player, but, based on everything that is important, he's an excellent prospect.

lots of ability at the college level with no translatable NFL skill set does not a good pro make. Ask eric crouch about how his "amazing mobility" served him in the NFL.

what I am saying which I've said all along is that the guy is a 2or more likely 3 yr project, and In no way will contribute to the team in the short term.

I guess you're right. A NT's job is much more complex than a starting QB. You really put me in my place.

I never said the NT job is more complex than a QB, pay attention, I took exception with your comment of "just stand his fat body in there and not be moved" that's like saying the qb is the guy who stands behind everyone else and throws it, its a gross oversimplification, lineman are not just "fat guys".

I never said the NT job is more complex than a QB, pay attention, I took exception with your comment of "just stand his fat body in there and not be moved" that's like saying the qb is the guy who stands behind everyone else and throws it, its a gross oversimplification, lineman are not just "fat guys".

I apologize to all fat guys, er, nose tackles in the NFL. Is it really a "gross" oversimplification? If you have a NT, regardless of fat content, that cannot be moved where the the oline wants to move him, isn't that the point in the 3-4? They generally don't make tackles. They don't shoot gaps or rush the passer. Their primary responsibility is to hunker down and clog it up so the lbs can make plays.

I submit you can find that kinda guy in the 3rd round.

Wow Dib, now i am not sure...what with me being a drop-out and all, but that sure looked to be embarrassing. I know I know, never ever let the truth get in the way of a biased crusade.

Really? People would be happy w/ Tebow at #9? That has to be the most nonsensical thing I've read in a while... and there is no way Nix/Gailey let that happen.

As much as I like Tebow, there are enough questions about him to drop him into the 2nd. If we take him at 9, it would shock everyone.

Wow Dib, now i am not sure...what with me being a drop-out and all, but that sure looked to be embarrassing. I know I know, never ever let the truth get in the way of a biased crusade.

The SEC is living off of it's past reputation. Everyone creams themself about how good they are. Of course they boast perennial powers like Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Georgia and South Carolina. Fla. is a big fish in a little pond. To wit, Tearbow stayed in the SEC until his junior year so as not to draw attention to his deficencies as an NFL QB. The SEC is a legend in it's own mind. OK feel free to quote me old useless stats now, or you can latch on to the coat tails of someone who does.

Go ahead and ask them. What did u forget about how he destroyed them the previous year in the SEC championship? A game where he threw 3 fourth quarter touchdowns. did u forget that? Ancient History

Do u follow college football at all? "U", I get it. I played college football, how 'bout you? They play in the SEC. By far the best conference in the nation. see my subsequent post every week its a quality team. Every week? Really? Check the schedule

My man you need to do some fact checking before u just start throwing things out there. so you do know that college football schedules are made years in advance right? The gators and hurricanes agreed to a home and home series back in 2002. The games were to be played in 08 in Gainsville and 2013 in Miami. Why not 2009 in Miami? Oh and by the way floridas lowest point total that year was against oklahoma in the title game. They scored 24 that game, they scored 26 against miami. I'm refering to the regular season, Miami held them to 9 points through the 3rd QTRThey beat miami 26-3 and pulled Tebow the fourth quarter. So it could have been alot worse. Also another thing u got wrong is the Qb in that game was robert marve, a redshirt freshman. Correct, for most of the game. Marve was hurt in 2007, so his only experience coming into the Florida game was HS Not as u say a guy who was in high school a few months before. 30 of the Hurricanes on the team that year were freshmen, playing in highschool only a few months before

you don't throw 88 touchdowns and run for 57 more. While only throwing 16 INTS for a whole career. You do if you play Florida's schedule You don't become the first sophomore to ever win a heisman. Or the only player ever to be a heisman finalist 3 times. You don't lead your team to a national championship as a starter. While being the leading rusher as a freshman for another national championship team. And then coming 1 game short from ur third championship. You don't do all these things with only heart. Rudy had heart. Tebow has heart and a lots and lots of ability.......But apparantly not as an NFL QB

Are you people that want Tebow at #9 frickin crazy? There is not one mock draft that has him taken in the first round. He will be lucky to be drafted let alone in the first round. ESPN is reporting his wonderlick socre is low. What a shock! Let's see a dumb, not particularly athletic QB with a bad throwing motion who has played in a spread offense in college. Yeah that sounds like the formula for success in the NFL.

Unless he can guarantee Jesus will be his WR and the apostles will be his offensive line, I would pass.

Are you people that want Tebow at #9 frickin crazy? There is not one mock draft that has him taken in the first round. He will be lucky to be drafted let alone in the first round. ESPN is reporting his wonderlick socre is low. What a shock! Let's see a dumb, not particularly athletic QB with a bad throwing motion who has played in a spread offense in college. Yeah that sounds like the formula for success in the NFL.

Unless he can guarantee Jesus will be his WR and the apostles will be his offensive line, I would pass.

dont get carried away avg for a qb is 24 he scored a 22, its not that critical

Wow. I don't know where to start. In fact....it's just too much.

This should be fun...

Here's two college players. Both played (but did not start full time) as freshmen. Both were 3-year starters that left college after their senior season. Both were highly touted SEC QBs. Both quarterbacked winning programs (although one clearly had more college success than the other).

Here's their college stat lines:

QB1

Freshman - 89/144--61.8%--1,141 yds--11 TD--6 INT--7.92 YPA

Sophomore - 244/380--64.2%--2,954 yds--22 TD--4 INT--7.77 YPA

Junior - 243/380--63.9%--3,287 yds--20 TD--12 INT--8.65 YPA

Senior - 287/477--60.4%--3,819 yds--37 TD--11 INT--8.01 YPA

College Record as a starter: 39-5, with 2 conference championships and 0 national title games

QB2

Freshman - 22/33--66.7%--358 yds--5 TD--1 INT--10.85 YPA

Sophomore - 234/350--66.9%--3,286 yds--32 TD--6 INT--9.39 YPA

Junior - 192/298--64.4%--3,746 yds--30 TD--4 INT--9.22YPA

Senior - 213/314--67.8%--2,895 yds--21 TD--5 INT--9.22 YPA

College Record as a starter: 39-6, with 3 conference championships and 2 national championships

I'm sure most of you can guess who the 2 QBs are, but for those who can't, scroll down for the shocking truth...

QB1 = Peyton Manning

QB2 = Tim Tebow

not surprised that this innocently positive thread showing support for a college player turned into a "NO HE DEFINITELY CANT" pissing match.

Tebow is a player who has done everything right in his career. On AND Off the field. For a board who bitches about all the "thugs", scumbags, and immature non-deserving babies in the league, you'd think that everyone would at least be able to agree that we HOPE he does well for himself.

but when it comes down to it, it is the internet, and haters gotta hate.

Good Luck Tim (unless you end up on the Dolphins, Pats*, or Jets)

not surprised that this innocently positive thread showing support for a college player turned into a "NO HE DEFINITELY CANT" pissing match.

Tebow is a player who has done everything right in his career. On AND Off the field. For a board who bitches about all the "thugs", scumbags, and immature non-deserving babies in the league, you'd think that everyone would at least be able to agree that we HOPE he does well for himself.

but when it comes down to it, it is the internet, and haters gotta hate.

Good Luck Tim (unless you end up on the Dolphins, Pats*, or Jets)

If we don't take him, I think he WILL end up with the Pats. Why? Because it COULD add to the Belichick genius thing.