Torry Holt

Why do some people think its 2004? Torry Holt, Daunte Culpepper, Javon Walker, some others. Seriously?

We are not looking for the SB next year we are trying to find affordable stop gaps they may actually work out. I imagine the same critisism was used when AZ brought in the washed up Kurt Warner.

If we can get Torry Holt for a good price why wouldnt we at least take a look at him. No one really wants him so its realistic to think we can get him for a good price. I know he is old and not as fast as he was but he has proved he can get open and would be a great leader on this team not only being a vetern but maybe he would be a great teacher for Stevie Johnson and James Hardy. If he shares his knowledge of the game and work habits with Hardy and Johnson, and they still cant produce we will know that we need to look elsewhere.

A 1 yr 8-9 million dollar deal for his help on and off the field would benefit everyone. IMO

Thoughts?

One critisism you said good price and yet you offer to pay him franchise money for a year.

If we can get Torry Holt for a good price why wouldnt we at least take a look at him. No one really wants him so its realistic to think we can get him for a good price. I know he is old and not as fast as he was but he has proved he can get open and would be a great leader on this team not only being a vetern but maybe he would be a great teacher for Stevie Johnson and James Hardy. If he shares his knowledge of the game and work habits with Hardy and Johnson, and they still cant produce we will know that we need to look elsewhere.

A 1 yr 8-9 million dollar deal for his help on and off the field would benefit everyone. IMO

Thoughts?

Why cant we sign Kevin Mawae and Larry Foote/Joey Porter to do exactly what you want Holt to do? I have been clamoring for that for a whiole now and no one seems to liek the idea.

Thoughts?

If hes a good teacher let him coach. What good does it do to bring in these veterans to teach if there just going to play over the students

Thoughts?

WOW! 8-9mill...is that the going rate for an old, past his prime WR???

I think he can be had for a lot less...assuming he wants to come here...

What is it with the loser mentality of sooooo many Bills fans? The general tenor of "critiques" is that most of the Bills players stink ("Get rid of...(fill in the blank with...) all the QBs, Lynch, Whitner, Bell, Hangartner, Ellison, Maybin, Kelsay, Williams, Stroud...the list goes on) while every single player released by another team is "just what the Bills need," no matter who they are, no matter their reputations, no matter their age, no matter their financial demands. Now it's Torey Holt whose going to be the WR savior of the Bills. Torey Holt???? I must be hallucinating.

Thoughts?

8-9 mil, thats just a ridicuous misinformed suggestion

i love when people think an older player will automatically be a great teacher...what has done to prove he would be? sure didnt show it in Jax last season

Why cant we sign Kevin Mawae and Larry Foote/Joey Porter to do exactly what you want Holt to do? I have been clamoring for that for a whiole now and no one seems to liek the idea.

I have been a supporter of bringing in both Mawae and Foote as well. Seem like great stop-gap guys that will fit the system.