I would love to see us take a run at Colt Brennan

ACor58

Deal him? From what I hear they are going to probably cut him, he has been terrible. Why would you want him?

Are you sure?

Professional career

[edit] Washington Redskins

Brennan was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round (186th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. He was the 10th quarterback selected in the draft. On July 14, he and the Redskins agreed to a four-year contract worth around $1.8 million.

Brennan appeared in his first NFL exhibition game in the 2008 Hall of Fame Game against the Indianapolis Colts on August 3. He was impressive in his debut completing 9-of-10 passes for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns for a 157.5 passer rating in the Redskins' victory.[20] His success continued two weeks later against the New York Jets when he completed 4-of-5 passes for 79 yards and scored the game winning touchdown on a 33-yard pass to Jason Goode.[21]

Brennan led all 2008 NFL rookies in touchdown passes, passing yards and quarterback rating through the preseason .[22] He finished the 2008 preseason with a strong performance, going 36-for-53, for 411 yards and three touchdowns and with no interceptions. For the preseason, Brennan's completion percentage was 67.9% and his quarterback rating was 109.9. He also carried the ball twice for 11 yards.

He was placed on injured reserve on September 4, 2009, ending his 2009 season due to a torn hamstring and a hip injury. The hip injury is similar to one he suffered while in college at Hawaii and will reportedly require surgery.[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Brennan

This kid was an absolute beast in college. I wanted him so much in the draft it made me sick that he fell to the 7th round. I dont have any clue why he went that low. His numbers at Hawaii were just incredible. I have always hoped this kid would succeed at the NFL level. If its with us, great. If not, I hope Shanny finds a way to use him.

This kid was an absolute beast in college. I wanted him so much in the draft it made me sick that he fell to the 7th round. I dont have any clue why he went that low. His numbers at Hawaii were just incredible.

David Klingler or Andre Ware, anyone? How about Robbie Bosco?

This kid was an absolute beast in college. I wanted him so much in the draft it made me sick that he fell to the 7th round. I dont have any clue why he went that low. His numbers at Hawaii were just incredible. I have always hoped this kid would succeed at the NFL level. If its with us, great. If not, I hope Shanny finds a way to use him.

The knocks on Brennan coming out of college were the following:

* small stature

* suspiciously quick weight gain red-flag (from 185-207 between the Sr Bowl and combine)

* marginal arm strength

* does not throw a tight spiral

* did not have to read defenses much in college due to the offense they ran

Now, all that doesn't mean that he couldn't be a good NFL QB, but reasons like the above are why

he was still around late in the draft.

The knocks on Brennan coming out of college were the following:

* small stature

* suspiciously quick weight gain red-flag (from 185-207 between the Sr Bowl and combine)

* marginal arm strength

* does not throw a tight spiral

* did not have to read defenses much in college due to the offense they ran

Now, all that doesn't mean that he couldn't be a good NFL QB, but reasons like the above are why

he was still around late in the draft.

Add in character issues. There was a reason he wound up runnin' and shootin' in Hawaii.

Brennan appeared in his first NFL exhibition game in the 2008 Hall of Fame Game against the Indianapolis Colts on August 3. He was impressive in his debut completing 9-of-10 passes for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns for a 157.5 passer rating in the Redskins' victory.[20] His success continued two weeks later against the New York Jets when he completed 4-of-5 passes for 79 yards and scored the game winning touchdown on a 33-yard pass to Jason Goode.[21]

------------------------------------------------

Thos players he "tore up" were the ones who were not good enough to take the backup role on the backups the Bills destroyed this year......... Not impressed by that.