Signings like Cornell Green are why the Bills are terrible

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raiders also traded Moss for a 4th round pick. I'm not saing Green is a good move but basing it on the idea that the Raiders know what they're doing is silly.

And this is really a key point as Mr. Senility himself- Al Davis- does still have a percentage in the goings on at Raiders nation and still makes calls on personnel.

Trying to make the Raiders as some sensible franchise betrays both history and logic.

Either the new front office is more incompetent than the last FO, or Cornell Green is the only person they could get to come to Buffalo. Below is a quote from Rotoworld:

"While Buffalo is undoubtedly desperate for tackle help, the signing is curious. Green received no known interest elsewhere, turns 34 before the season, and has played a full 16-game schedule just once in his 10-year career. The Raiders were also always trying to replace Green, which isn't a good sign."

It seems that they won't even give the time of day to players that could really help this team fill their many, many holes, than they over pay for subpar, over the hill players that not a single other team in the NFL has any interest for. For anyone wondering why the Bills have sucked for a decade, signings like this are a big part of the answer.

Its negative attitudes like this that will need to be disproven with production on the field.

Though I do appreciate your input, putting faith in any personnel moves that the Raiders make is assinine at best. This is the team that allowed Walker to come to Buffalo, only to resign him when he was cut by us. Al Davis is still looking to duplicate those early 90's WR's of the Raiders that could stretch the field with their track speed.

Now, I don't question your negativity, as the past decade has clearly given us nothing to have hope in, but I would rather wait until the season starts to actually assess our free agents and draft choices.

This is, after all, a new regime with a proven guy in Nix running the show and Gailey running the 'O'. I don't see this as another Dockery signing.