Andre Reed wants Trent Edwards at QB

merlin

Assuming no new free agent comes in (in addition to drafting a QB), it doesn't hurt us to give Trent a chance to win the job.

If he squanders his chance again...well then he's gone. But how crappy would it be if we didn't give him a chance, he signs with someone else, and becomes the next Drew Brees? ..of course that is an incredible OVER EXAGGERATION but you get my point...hopefully.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but when Jim Kelly says it's time to move on from Trent, any other opinion falls on deaf ears

absolutely, he's the only of those guys we should listen to. Kelly is at all the games, he's involved in the organization and wants only the best for the Bills/Buffalo. Cats like Reed and Smith don't even watch/follow football anymore.

With our roster, we could still use Andre Reed at his age at WR. We have Lee Evans and NOTHING!

The sad truth is we have no clue what we have and that has been the problem. I have seen nothing that would suggest they can't play but nothing to show me they can.

Um how about Drew brees this year? Elway, Marino and others never had 'great' OL's they just got rid of the ball fast which was due to great decision making.

Denver had a great O-line and the others had good lines. Don't pull things out your ass to try and defend yourself. For a long time you could put any RB behind denvers line and you would have a 1000yrd rushed.

I can think of 3 current ones - Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, and the Arizona Kurt Warner. Also, did you notice how bad the Colts OL looked after Peyton Manning stepped out of the last 2 regular season games?

A great QB can make a good line look great but no QB can make a bad line look good they don't have time. The last two games would not have looked that great with Manning in the whole time given they were 1st and 2nd against the pass.

Um how about Drew brees this year? Elway, Marino and others never had 'great' OL's they just got rid of the ball fast which was due to great decision making.

Your whole angle that people who post on message boards are just as qualified as Andre Reed was bad enough, but this?

Marino played behind Richmond Webb, Keith Sims and Dwight Stephenson -- all Pro Bowlers and one Hall of Famer. Webb probably will get in eventually. Roy Foster and Ed Newman also went to Pro Bowls in Marino's early years.

Elway had Gary Zimmerman at left tackle. He's in the Hall of Fame. Mark Schlereth and Tom Nalen weren't too shabby.

The New Orleans Saints have one of the best two or three O-lines in football and won the inaugural Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award for best O-line. The Saints had three Pro Bowlers this year.

So who is Andre Reed?

I have to assume that your a wiseguy Bart trying to get everyone p/o'ed, because if your older than 15, posting comments like that on this board and you don't know who Andre Reed is, then you will find great success in sounding silly.

On the other hand, if you really are a youngster who doesn't know who Andre Reed is, it only drives home the sad point that this next generation of Bills fans (including my young sons) have had next to nothing to cheer about with this franchise. This die hard Bills' fan and transplanted Buffalonian living in Pittsburgh can only hope that the new regime finally gets it right before my kids permanently become part of Steelers Nation.

By his own admission Reed didn't watch alot of Buffalo games

not sure where you heard this or where he said it, but i know for a fact he has watched many a game at a bills bar in San diego with friends of mine. he also is a very friendly and easy to talk to guy.

I'd like to see the bills start using Fred Jackson out of the slot more to be honest, or motion him outside and get him matched up on some CBs or Safties. Start in a split backfield with Marshawn. We have used it in the past to some success and it provides us a matchup problem because 1.) he has wheels and 2.) he is actually a great pass catcher (not to be confused with punt catch chris watson). 3.) I am hoping we use FJ a lot less on returns this year and either get Roscoe back in the fold or let Leodis take the majority of them with McGee possible filling in for kickoffs. I trust Dehaven...

Go Bills!!!

I can respect that...but feel like the only thing Gailey and Co. should do is give Trent a chance to win the job back. Let the best QB win the job come next season...and if that means it's Trent then I'm behind him!

I agree. and they should put an OL in front of whoever is going to start.....They really need to find the starting Tackles in the draft and some veteran backups to teach these guys. The guys on the roster are just not capable of playing tackle in the NFL.

I see. Reed played with a HOF QB, Trent wouldn't be a Highschool All stater. Reed on this one subject STFU. You admit you don't watch a lot of games and your HOF QB himself says Trent isn't the answer.

Do we need to put a QB in there and leave him alone? YES, but only after we have a quality talent which we don't have.

Well, here you got with another dumb post. Edwards was one of the most recruited QBs in the nation (I believe #2 in the country). He didn't do the job as a starter but stop with this BS like he is terrible. He was a 3rd round pick, which is no guarantee, and he could definitely have a Frank Reich career (a 3rd round pick) if he wants.

Guest dog14787
Dear Andre: You are no longer my all-time favorite Bill. :wallbash:

Dear Andre: I love you man

:thumbsup:

Your whole angle that people who post on message boards are just as qualified as Andre Reed was bad enough, but this?

Marino played behind Richmond Webb, Keith Sims and Dwight Stephenson -- all Pro Bowlers and one Hall of Famer. Webb probably will get in eventually. Roy Foster and Ed Newman also went to Pro Bowls in Marino's early years.

Elway had Gary Zimmerman at left tackle. He's in the Hall of Fame. Mark Schlereth and Tom Nalen weren't too shabby.

The New Orleans Saints have one of the best two or three O-lines in football and won the inaugural Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award for best O-line. The Saints had three Pro Bowlers this year.

Oh, Snap! Burn....