individual workout for tebow

playman

So let me get this right. He didn't bother to 'fix' his throwing motion in four years of college, but he's going to do so in eight weeks all by himself (no need for practices or games) and then the Bills are going to spend a 2d round pick and Presto! his new throwing style is going to make him a great NFL QB.

It's amazing what people are able to talk themselves into. :beer:

He didn't have to fix it in college. They were winning and college coaches are not going to mess with what's working. If it wasn't broke for them, why fix it? College coaches are not always looking out for what is best for the kids pro opportunities.....priority #1 is WIN!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this right. He didn't bother to 'fix' his throwing motion in four years of college, but he's going to do so in eight weeks all by himself (no need for practices or games) and then the Bills are going to spend a 2d round pick and Presto! his new throwing style is going to make him a great NFL QB.

It's amazing what people are able to talk themselves into. :beer:

Clearly you missed me saying "hypothetically speaking"

Clearly you missed me saying "hypothetically speaking"

Oh. So does that mean the entire rest of your post was meaningless?

Hypothetically speaking, I might win $1B in Powerball and buy the Bills after Ralph dies.

If anyone can change, Tebow can. If we could get a decent vet in here and let Tebow sit for 2 or 3 years I say go get him in the 2nd. The only problem would be the pressure (media, fan) to play him in would be absurd. The second the vet throws a pic the crowd would be clamouring for Tebow and he's just not going to be ready. Tebow is special though and it wouldnt shock me if he becomes a good QB 5 years from now.

What to you base this nonsense on? Tebow was an amazing college QB in the perfect system for him. In the NFL he is proabbly a decent FB. How is he any different than Eric Crouch. Hell Crouch probably had more athleticism. I'm fine with signing him as an undrafted FA or maybe using a 6-7th compensatory pick on him. It really is a shame NFL Europe is no longer. If he really wants to play QB that would be the place to go for a couple years.

Assuming Tebow can succeed only as a 'system' QB, it pegs Tebow's success to the presence of Gailey doesn't it ? If Gailey is gone in a few years, we will be left with a QB we invested a lot in with little to show for it. If we are going to invest a high pick in a QB, it should be for one who can succeed in multiple systems.

I doubt they would select him thinking on the basis of them being gone in a few years. If Gailey thinks he can win with him, they will take him.

He could easily be a very good NFL Fullback or Tight End.

On the other hand, he could be a complete bust at FB or TE. If you need a TE, it probably makes sense to draft a guy that has been playing that position for the last 4 years.

As a previous poster pointed out, Russ would love this - keep butts in the seats at the Ralph. Last year, T-O, this year, T-bow. :wallbash:

Many have argued that he might have more potential than any other QB this year other than probably Bradford. It will be a very interesting few weeks leading up to the draft, as always. Especially this year with "the new regime", we will gradually see their plans unfurl (i.e., build up lines? go after stud NT? LB corp? Who will be 2nd WR? long term qb blueprints? who can we grab in FA? etc. etc. etc.) Trying to stay positive for now...... :beer:

We're probably gonna have to trade up in the 2nd.

Seahawks | Will hold private workout with Tebow

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks have scheduled an individual workout with Florida QB Tim Tebow. The workout will be conducted after his school's Pro Day March 17.

2010-03-07 15:03:06

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=631259#ixzz0hXyg9HVM