A lot of people here need to sit down, relax, and think.

Our talent sucks.

But the reasons we haven't been active in free agency are:

(1) We have a new regime in charge. When you have a new coaching staff, those guys have to establish themselves and it's more comfortable for them to build through the draft and get fresh, young players that they can indoctrinate into their new systems. You really don't want to be paying big bucks to free agents that have received other coaching in the league and have their own ideas about what is the right way to do things and will have lots of money and might not listen. It'll be hard enough for the coaching staff to win over the veteran incumbents on the team. We'll need to add a few more hungry, mindless soldiers (i.e. young draftees that want to make it in the league) to help out with the chemistry.

(2) Along the same lines, generally speaking, it's better to build through the draft than through free agency anyway. Free agency is better utilized when a team is further along the development cycle and you only need one or two good players to get over the hump. When your team is basically starting from scratch and mostly devoid of talent, you want to draft well and build out the core first. If the team drafts well and the drafted core develops, then maybe two or three seasons from now, the franchise will arrive at the "hump" moment and it'll make sense to bring in free agents. Free agency will not save this team. The Bills need to start drafting well, period.

(3) Our recent free agent acquisitions like Derrick Dockery have sucked. This makes the owner and the front office more hesitant to pull the trigger.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the Bills not spending money on free agents this offseason (nor did I expect them to). It's not the right time and it's better to focus on the draft with the new regime in place and the need to build a young obedient core.

The Bills aren't going to the SB next year, but I have a feeling they could make the playoffs. There is more talent on this team than people know.

Poz - Solid middle LB that could start on the majority of teams.

Freddie - Could start on the majority of teams.

Lynch - had an off year and if he's still around next year he'll bounce back. If he does he could start for the majority of teams.

Stroud - could start on the majority of teams

Byrd - could start on the majority of teams

McKelvin - Could start on the majority of teams

McGee - Could start on the majority of teams teams

Evans - Could start on the majority of teams

Wood - Could start on the majority of teams

Schobel - Could start on the majority of teams

Moorman - could start for the vast majority of teams

Lindell - could start for the majority of teams

Corner - is solid depth

Youboty - is solid depth

Florence - is solid depth

S. Johnson - is a solid rotational guy

K. Williams - is a solid rotational guy

Kelsay - solid rotational guy

Guys I think haven't developed yet and will be very good or were used incorrectly by Jauron's staff

Whitner

Nelson

Maybin

Levitre

Meredith

Lankster

Hardy - before anyone whines about he's shown nothing so far remember he's been injured. This year will tell for sure.

Bell

Parrish

Steve Johnson

Edwards

The new coaching staff, I believe, is a much better staff than Jauron had. Jauron wasn't putting the players in the position to maximize their talents. I think Chansaw's staff will do that. With Nix as GM I expect a really solid draft this year. Especially because last years draft was very strong. I think Nix will get a starting NT and starting OT out of this draft. He may also get a QB with promise.

I also believe the Bills now have a coach who plays to win instead of not to lose. The major problems on this team are O line and QB. Chansaw is well known for getting a lot out of mediocre QB's and I think if he can restore Edwards' confidence Edwards could be a solid starter.

So don't stew about the Bills not signing any FA's or making trades, there is plenty of time left for them to do both. Trades may happen on draft day.

Don't worry be happy! :blush:

Happiness gives everyone a smile!!

For being such a "crappy" team, they still ended up with 6 wins that could have easily been 9. Might have made the playoffs believe it or not. Losses to houston, jets,tennessee, jville and pats could have been wins if not for the 4th quarter chokes. We're not that far off. I believe we now have better coaching and mgmt with the right player selections could put us to 9 or 10 wins. O>K> maybe 8 but we're still not as far off as some might think. Stay on that ledge and don't jump off yet!

You want impact players?

Fred Jackson - The guy has pulled off some miraculous plays.

Moorman - Nobody in the league consistently turns the field around like him.

Kyle Williams - How many times have we seen this guy in the back field.

Jarious Byrd - Top of the league in interceptions.

Aaron Schobel - He just keeps on getting those sacks.

Kawika Mitchel - If none of you have watched him when he is healthy wreak havoc on opposing teams, you are just blind.

Lee Evans - He is a down field threat that has the speed to blow by defenders. Tell me you haven't seen him do it all ready.

Marshawn Lynch - I know he has had his downfalls, but he didn't become a Pro bowl alternate for being a slacker.

Our entire backfield - All of our cornerbacks and safeties have been awesome patrolling the secondary.

Our returners - Few teams have multiple return men that can put us in short field situations like ours.

No impact players............Pllllllllllllease!

I can agree although I'm not as enthusiastic as you but I think your list is more accurate.

Players not used correctly would be

Eric Wood - Played good at guard. I would love to see this guy at center. The opposing teams push always came opposite Hangartner and Levitre.

Whitner - solid in run protection but Byrd exposed Whitner's inability to create the turnover. However he is part of the most successful unit on the team.

Poz - should he be inside or outside. The inability to shed blocks and position him self for the tackles makes him a liability like Wihtner has yet to distiguish himself as being above average for a season.

Hangartner - is he a center or guard.

I think the Levy Jauron era focused on people that could play more than one position than people that were very good at one.

With a qb that can see the field , read defenses and assess open receivers in single coverage we will get to the playoffs much quicker.

The Bills aren't going to the SB next year, but I have a feeling they could make the playoffs. There is more talent on this team than people know.

Poz - Solid middle LB that could start on the majority of teams.

Freddie - Could start on the majority of teams.

Lynch - had an off year and if he's still around next year he'll bounce back. If he does he could start for the majority of teams.

Stroud - could start on the majority of teams

Byrd - could start on the majority of teams

McKelvin - Could start on the majority of teams

McGee - Could start on the majority of teams teams

Evans - Could start on the majority of teams

Wood - Could start on the majority of teams

Schobel - Could start on the majority of teams

Moorman - could start for the vast majority of teams

Lindell - could start for the majority of teams

Corner - is solid depth

Youboty - is solid depth

Florence - is solid depth

S. Johnson - is a solid rotational guy

K. Williams - is a solid rotational guy

Kelsay - solid rotational guy

Guys I think haven't developed yet and will be very good or were used incorrectly by Jauron's staff

Whitner

Nelson

Maybin

Levitre

Meredith

Lankster

Hardy - before anyone whines about he's shown nothing so far remember he's been injured. This year will tell for sure.

Bell

Parrish

Steve Johnson

Edwards

The new coaching staff, I believe, is a much better staff than Jauron had. Jauron wasn't putting the players in the position to maximize their talents. I think Chansaw's staff will do that. With Nix as GM I expect a really solid draft this year. Especially because last years draft was very strong. I think Nix will get a starting NT and starting OT out of this draft. He may also get a QB with promise.

I also believe the Bills now have a coach who plays to win instead of not to lose. The major problems on this team are O line and QB. Chansaw is well known for getting a lot out of mediocre QB's and I think if he can restore Edwards' confidence Edwards could be a solid starter.

So don't stew about the Bills not signing any FA's or making trades, there is plenty of time left for them to do both. Trades may happen on draft day.

Don't worry be happy! :blush:

Happiness gives everyone a smile!!

I don't agree with the Edwards part, at all, but the rest is more or less what I've been thinking. Remove penalties and stupidity from last season and the Bills are a 9-10 win team. You get a leader behind center, draft well, and have a human coaching staff and Buffalo is a pretty strong team. As for our division: The Fins are very beatable, Pats are very beatable, Jets could be a force. I think there is cause for some optimism....but I would really love to hear of some action in FA. Bills desperately need a QB mentor, I really hope Nix/Chan go for a vet as well as draft Lefevour

Same post-season message that we've seen since the board was opened. All is well, no problems here, this coming season will be different. Until or unless this team starts winning, it is what it is. A losing team with a poor staff, FO, and owner. Give it a rest please. The season is months away and we still have no OL or QB. I'll be optimistic when these two puzzle pieces are in place. Until then, I predict 5-11 for next season.

You want impact players?

Fred Jackson - The guy has pulled off some miraculous plays.

Moorman - Nobody in the league consistently turns the field around like him.

Kyle Williams - How many times have we seen this guy in the back field.

Jarious Byrd - Top of the league in interceptions.

Aaron Schobel - He just keeps on getting those sacks.

Kawika Mitchel - If none of you have watched him when he is healthy wreak havoc on opposing teams, you are just blind.

Lee Evans - He is a down field threat that has the speed to blow by defenders. Tell me you haven't seen him do it all ready.

Marshawn Lynch - I know he has had his downfalls, but he didn't become a Pro bowl alternate for being a slacker.

Our entire backfield - All of our cornerbacks and safeties have been awesome patrolling the secondary.

Our returners - Few teams have multiple return men that can put us in short field situations like ours.

No impact players............Pllllllllllllease!

Our talent sucks.

But the reasons we haven't been active in free agency are:

(1) We have a new regime in charge. When you have a new coaching staff, those guys have to establish themselves and it's more comfortable for them to build through the draft and get fresh, young players that they can indoctrinate into their new systems. You really don't want to be paying big bucks to free agents that have received other coaching in the league and have their own ideas about what is the right way to do things and will have lots of money and might not listen. It'll be hard enough for the coaching staff to win over the veteran incumbents on the team. We'll need to add a few more hungry, mindless soldiers (i.e. young draftees that want to make it in the league) to help out with the chemistry.

(2) Along the same lines, generally speaking, it's better to build through the draft than through free agency anyway. Free agency is better utilized when a team is further along the development cycle and you only need one or two good players to get over the hump. When your team is basically starting from scratch and mostly devoid of talent, you want to draft well and build out the core first. If the team drafts well and the drafted core develops, then maybe two or three seasons from now, the franchise will arrive at the "hump" moment and it'll make sense to bring in free agents. Free agency will not save this team. The Bills need to start drafting well, period.

(3) Our recent free agent acquisitions like Derrick Dockery have sucked. This makes the owner and the front office more hesitant to pull the trigger.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the Bills not spending money on free agents this offseason (nor did I expect them to). It's not the right time and it's better to focus on the draft with the new regime in place and the need to build a young obedient core.

Shhhh!! Facts and rational thinking will get you ostracized.

I can agree although I'm not as enthusiastic as you but I think your list is more accurate.

Players not used correctly would be

Eric Wood - Played good at guard. I would love to see this guy at center. The opposing teams push always came opposite Hangartner and Levitre.

Whitner - solid in run protection but Byrd exposed Whitner's inability to create the turnover. However he is part of the most successful unit on the team.

Poz - should he be inside or outside. The inability to shed blocks and position him self for the tackles makes him a liability like Wihtner has yet to distiguish himself as being above average for a season.

Hangartner - is he a center or guard.

I think the Levy Jauron era focused on people that could play more than one position than people that were very good at one.

With a qb that can see the field , read defenses and assess open receivers in single coverage we will get to the playoffs much quicker.

Poz had 111 tackles, 1 sack, 3 FF and 3 int's. I totally disagree with your take on Poz.