Can McCargo play NT?

seadog

I would like to see if McCargo can get his career going under Gailey's leadership. He has the size and body type needed to play the NT position. He seems to be the only NT sized player we have on the roster right now. I'm hoping some how the light turns on and he can become the player we drafted him to be. If he could turn into the starting NT, Maybin into a stud OLB, and Brohm into the next Drew Brees it would be a dream.

McCargo cant play with himself

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i almost said that the funniest thing in this post was brohm being the next drew brees, but honestly, i wouldnt be suprised if brohm was the starting QB next year. i WOULD be suprised if McCargo was in the NFL next year.

i almost said that the funniest thing in this post was brohm being the next drew brees, but honestly, i wouldnt be suprised if brohm was the starting QB next year. i WOULD be suprised if McCargo was in the NFL next year.

McCargo looked great at NC State at DT between Mario Williams and Manny Lawson as bookend DEs. Sadly, we don't have Mario Williams or Manny Lawson. He'll get a chance to make the team though if he works and stays healthy (his two biggest problems coincidentally). :beer:

I would like to see if McCargo can get his career going under Gailey's leadership. He has the size and body type needed to play the NT position. He seems to be the only NT sized player we have on the roster right now. I'm hoping some how the light turns on and he can become the player we drafted him to be. If he could turn into the starting NT, Maybin into a stud OLB, and Brohm into the next Drew Brees it would be a dream.

According to NFL.com, McCargo only weighs 307. Thats probably 30-40 pounds lighter than you need your NT to be. He is a 4-3 tackle, and unless he bulks up a lot and learns a lot between now and training camp, the only place I see him playing is maybe at DE for the Bills, or for another team. Probably the latter.