A davis in free fall

bkc

Maybe we won't get a left tackle in the first round

According to SI.com's Tony Pauline, "some scouts" think Rutgers OT Anthony Davis could slide to the end of the first round after a poor Combine.

Pauline called Davis' workouts "as ugly as it gets," particularly his slow forty and unimpressive 21 reps on the 225-pound bench press. Davis was considered a potential top-ten pick before the pre-draft process began, so someone may get a steal ala Mike Oher in 2009. Rutgers' Pro Day is March 10th.

Source: SI.com

Maybe we won't get a left tackle in the first round

According to SI.com's Tony Pauline, "some scouts" think Rutgers OT Anthony Davis could slide to the end of the first round after a poor Combine.

Pauline called Davis' workouts "as ugly as it gets," particularly his slow forty and unimpressive 21 reps on the 225-pound bench press. Davis was considered a potential top-ten pick before the pre-draft process began, so someone may get a steal ala Mike Oher in 2009. Rutgers' Pro Day is March 10th.

Source: SI.com

Exactly what A. Davis is going to be doing when he gets in the NFL. Stealing some teams money...

Exactly what A. Davis is going to be doing when he gets in the NFL. Stealing some teams money...

All the "Build the O-Line first!" people have been assuming that these LT's are "Franchise", yet cower at the thought of risking on a 1st rd quarterback!

All these guys are a risk.

All the "Build the O-Line first!" people have been assuming that these LT's are "Franchise", yet cower at the thought of risking on a 1st rd quarterback!

All these guys are a risk.

it appears that tackle is a safer pick then qb but I really have done the proper research. EIther way we need one of each pronto

So let me get this straight...he's having brutal workouts...so we draft him anyway? :thumbsup: If a guy sucks, aren't you wasting a pick drafting him anywhere?

PTR

Perhaps...if you believe in the notion that a player's performance in the combine is indicative of the kind of football player he will be. I know Nix doesnt.

If Davis slips to us in the 2nd round, take him! I know we need a DT but imagine we go 1st/2nd with Bulaga/Davis

i dont know about anybody else, but i am starting to worry about drafting a lt with our first pick. in my eyes there are only two tackles worth our # 9 pick which are okung, who will definitely be gone before we pick, and bulaga. the next best tackle, in my eyes, is trent williams, but i believe he is projected as a rt. next you have campbell and davis. these two scare the crap out of me. davis hd a poor showing at the combine, and on the other hand, campbell had a great showing at the combine, but his game tape is average. i would love to draft a lt in the first round, but i dont want to reach for one out of need.

Perhaps...if you believe in the notion that a player's performance in the combine is indicative of the kind of football player he will be. I know Nix doesnt.

If Davis slips to us in the 2nd round, take him! I know we need a DT but imagine we go 1st/2nd with Bulaga/Davis

Maybe it isn't an indication. But if he isn't motivated by millions of dollars (the difference in being a top 10 draft pick and a 2nd rd) what motivates him?

Maybe it's a GOOD sign. Maybe we have finally found a player that is just in it "for the love of the game". He doesn't bother with salesmanship, and doesn't feel the need to impress anyone off the field!

Let's pick him! Forget a QB, this guy will be a huge asset in the lockerroom!