Flushing the system

WWVaBeach

Bon Apetit! :thumbsup:

...and follow those prep instructions to the letter. It's vital.

4 dulcolax followed by 64oz of gatorade mixed with 238g of mirolax. Actually could only taste the gatorade. Thank God!

4 dulcolax followed by 64oz of gatorade mixed with 238g of mirolax. Actually could only taste the gatorade. Thank God!

I've always had the fentanyl/valium knock-out IV. You are not going to remember much, if anything. They stuck the IV line into my big toe - they sometimes have to roll ya around when you're under, so that's why they use the toe. They offered me a soft drink or apple juice when I woke - at least that's what they gave me. Take the apple juice.

I strongly recommend a big plate of pancakes afterward. Tasty...and easy on your recently-probed system. :thumbsup:

They stuck the IV line into my big toe - they sometimes have to roll ya around when you're under, so that's why they use the toe.

The big toe? Ouch! I don't know what they've been telling you but the foot is usually a last resort and you can put an IV pretty much anywhere you want (you probably start out on your side, but at most they'll put you on your back, which isn't moving you that much). That is, unless you have difficult IV access.

Since we have our patients lie on their left side, and for speed/efficiency/less pain (for the IV insertion and propofol, since it burns in smaller veins), I have the nurses start the IV in the left antecubital fossa (anterior part of the elbow). Otherwise for smaller veins, I have to mix some lidocaine in with the propofol to lessen the burning.

My 1st colonoscopy tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Other than the prep, a breeze. In fact, I was totally out on the anesthetic during the test. The effect of the anesthesia is fantastic, IMO. I'd love to have some of that to take...well...right now!

Other than the prep, a breeze. In fact, I was totally out on the anesthetic during the test. The effect of the anesthesia is fantastic, IMO. I'd love to have some of that to take...well...right now!

That's what Michael Jackson said. And I get that all the time. If I had a dollar for every patient...

The big toe? Ouch! I don't know what they've been telling you but the foot is usually a last resort

I would think so. I had stitches once on the bottom of my foot and that may have been the most unpleasant experience of my life.