Bills Tender Keith Freaking Ellison

Rzon604

for someone who called someone out for failing to spell nickel correctly (though in Canada, it is spelled "nickle"), you seem to have an odd way of proving yourself, Mr. Webster.

though spell-checking and grammer, it appears, might be the least of your problems. the lack of coherence in the point you are trying to make -- and where did i ever refer to you as "an idiot" -- certainly goes a long way towards burying yourself. i would, humbly, suggest you stop digging any time soon.

jw

Caps? Now and again? Maybe?

Methinks you are using a Blackberry or some such. If so, you are forgiven.

:D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for someone who called someone out for failing to spell nickel correctly (though in Canada, it is spelled "nickle"), you seem to have an odd way of proving yourself, Mr. Webster.

though spell-checking and grammer, it appears, might be the least of your problems. the lack of coherence in the point you are trying to make -- and where did i ever refer to you as "an idiot" -- certainly goes a long way towards burying yourself. i would, humbly, suggest you stop digging any time soon.

jw

you insinuated I was an idiot and what about my point was incoherent

well, let's start with the part with where i was somehow "wrong."

as for my apparent insinuations, i'll let you know what i'm thinking with the words i write. that way, it'll relieve you of having to stretch your imagination beyond whatever certain delusions you may hold. try loosening the grip for just a second.

jw

If someone attacks me personally, or misrepresents what I say I will respond in kind. I'm not trying to bully anybody. If you read all my posts, I admitted maybe I was too harsh but when I heard Ellison was the first RFA tendered I don't see the logic behind that. And because I have 18 posts I somehow have less credibility or knowledge than someone with 3,000? Isn't that a person attack on me - telling me I'm an idiot or have no credibility because I haven't posted often? Sorry, but the poster you referenced attacked me first. He also stated argue Ellison is "highly coveted cover man"; that shows a lack of knowledge. I made the very sound point that Jauron saw him as a run-stuffer, not a cover man (as evidenced by the fact Ellison was not in the nickel package to start the season). You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. I would think that a sports writer would be a little more able to read an statement, examine the facts, etc. Your guilty of doing the same thing you're accusing me of. And on top of that, you're wrong.

The 18 posts means, as a newbie, you should be more respectful when joining the conversations. So no it's not a personal attack as much as a good point.

i'm out of practice, having been away for so long, cincy. please, accept my sincerest apology. these lapses of mine shall ruin what reputation i have left. :D

jw

I'm gonna let that one go. I'm in a charitable mood. :lol:

Relax dude. Its just a strategy. They have no intention of Ellison being on the 53 man roster in September. Teams are not tendering their restricted free agents because they want to keep them. Their only value to their team is "trade value" , and thus posturing to use these players as trade bait. If they don't get what they want in a trade, they will be released.

In Ellison's case, he is highly regarded as a cover linebacker. And, he does have 3 years of NFL starting experience. Someone with a 4-3 defense that needs a linebacker may very well give up a player or 5th or 6th round draft pick.

So, rest assured... Ellison's jersey will be worn by someone else come September.

that'd be weird :D

Relax dude. Its just a strategy. They have no intention of Ellison being on the 53 man roster in September. Teams are not tendering their restricted free agents because they want to keep them. Their only value to their team is "trade value" , and thus posturing to use these players as trade bait. If they don't get what they want in a trade, they will be released.

In Ellison's case, he is highly regarded as a cover linebacker. And, he does have 3 years of NFL starting experience. Someone with a 4-3 defense that needs a linebacker may very well give up a player or 5th or 6th round draft pick.

So, rest assured... Ellison's jersey will be worn by someone else come September.

Ya! I saw how great he covered the TE in the opener last year . Highly regarded cover LB :D by who ! The Lions!!!

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/6495905.php

What a joke. Nice first move of FA, tender a useless 220 pound LB who doesn't fit inside or outside in your scheme. Nice job. This pisses me off so much, I thought we were finally rid of this d.b.

Maybe they'll convert him to SS? He did play SS in school at one point.

I will not insinuate. :D

Did I miss something? Did we use the franchise tag on Ellison?

If you don't drink, you should have one. If you do drink, you should stop now.

jw

No wonder I was so confused when my spell checker missed it!