Official Free Agency thread

I predict Nick Kaczur, Chris Chambers, Larry Foote, and Fred Robbins or Jason Ferguson.

Who do you think we "plug in"?

I Think you are right on the money with foote and kaczur maybe eason as well. Front seven rotation type guys .

If he gets released jamal williams as well

B and C level players. Another reconstruction going on. Not likely to pay big $$$ to superstars. More apt to stick with their usual and overpay for the B'ers and C'ers

B and c type players are the way to go anyway. 30 plus year old free agents are risky and rarely work out. That said a vetern qb will always be welcomed

I predict Nick Kaczur, Chris Chambers, Larry Foote, and Fred Robbins or Jason Ferguson.

Who do you think we "plug in"?

I can't predict names but experienced players at OT and LB are desparately needed to shore up the roster. It would be a bonus but we cannot depend on too many draft choices to step in and contribute right away. Even players considered B-level talent would help this team. Both OT and LB positions were badly neglected by "Jauron and Co" last year. We we playing with practice squad talent and street free agents by the end of the season.

With the loss of TO and Josh Reed I would expect us to bring in a vet WR as well.

DE Nick Eason, DE Travis Kirschke, foote and Brandon Manumaleuna

these guys make sense. They fit needs , they have ties to nix or whaley and fit the fill holes low cost guys

eason,kirschke and foote would add some much needed experience snf depth

manualeuna is a great blocking te, would be nice to have next to the predicted rookie left tackle

ferguson makes sense if he has anything left ,even if we can get a year out of him buys us some time

It says here that he is a UFA.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/ol.html

That's a mistake. I can't find him on any other list and as pointed out he's signed through 2012 on a contract he signed last August. I wish he was a UFA.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...n:twit:patriots

Nick Kaczur's extension

Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff August 24, 2009 05:01 PM

The following are details from Nick Kaczur's contract extension, which extends through 2012:

The base salaries are as follows:

2009: $2 million

2010: $2.7 million

2011: $3.4 million

2012: $4.1 million

The deal includes an option bonus of $3.5 million. It is not known when the option bonus is due, but there is a clause in the contract that says if the option is not exercised, Kaczur's base salary would jump to $2.72 million in 2009.

That seems to mean that Kaczur's option bonus is due at some point this year.

Kaczur also has workout bonuses of $100,000 in 2010, 2011, and 2012.

That's a mistake. I can't find him on any other list and as pointed out he's signed through 2012 on a contract he signed last August. I wish he was a UFA.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...n:twit:patriots

Nick Kaczur's extension

Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff August 24, 2009 05:01 PM

The following are details from Nick Kaczur's contract extension, which extends through 2012:

The base salaries are as follows:

2009: $2 million

2010: $2.7 million

2011: $3.4 million

2012: $4.1 million

The deal includes an option bonus of $3.5 million. It is not known when the option bonus is due, but there is a clause in the contract that says if the option is not exercised, Kaczur's base salary would jump to $2.72 million in 2009.

That seems to mean that Kaczur's option bonus is due at some point this year.

Kaczur also has workout bonuses of $100,000 in 2010, 2011, and 2012.

I'm sorry! The Bills have to go get one in a trade or steal one away from the Saints!