The 10 Best Twist Endings in Movies

erynthered

Se7en was a great movie, but I kinda guessed the ending before it happened and luckily I got it right so I ruined it for myself.

Fight Club was also very good, I didn't know there was a twist at the end when I watched it which was good for me.

^David Fincher has a knack for these twists I guess.

Memento was a great movie and I thought the ending was great as well.

I don't understand the hatred for the 6th Sense twist...I mean I was 11 when I saw the movie, but I still loved the twist at the end.

Somebody mentioned The Village, which I can agree with. The movie overall wasn't very good, but the ending was quite well done and I left the screening suprised.

And where was Jacob's Ladder in that article?

Terrifyingly disturbing movie.

Adrian Lyne's (Line) masterpiece. A terrific film. So suspenseful and bizarre....with a wee bit of horror and there you have it, one fine film.

Who didn't love Danny Aiello as Jacob's "Cherub"

I do have to admit, I really did like Basic Instinct.

I'll nominate two old ones Citizen Kane and War of the Worlds. I'm not sure if they fit the twist category but they have great endings.

I liked the ending in Road to Perdition. It's actually a common ending but it just sticks out in my mind for some reason.

Exactly. Knowing this, and that the kid can see dead people from the trailers, it wasn't hard for me to figure out either. As soon as Bruce Willis gets shot my friend made a comment jokingly to me in the theater that the movie was over because the main character was dead. I laughed and then thought to myself maybe that is it. For the rest of the film I tried finding proof he wasn't dead and then it became more and more obvious he was.

And I'll second the vote for The Prestige. That movie is amazing.

When I saw the "Sixth Sense" I had no idea what it was about, hadn't even heard of it...a buddy of mine wanted me to watch it on his new home theater system...I figured out, real early on, the "secret"...I still thought it was a pretty great movie, despite Bruce Willis being in it. <_< I didn't figure it out, because I am so smart, just that I was a huge Star Trek nerd...the concept had been hashed and re-hashed dozens of times before....

In high school French class, we saw "Les Diabolique". It was pretty awesome for movies with a twist. It was remade in '96 with Sharon Stone.

I'm probably partially brain-dead, as I didn't figure out "Sixth Sense" until about 20 seconds before the reveal. The thing I remember from that movie was that I was on a double date and the previews included "Fight Club". When that trailer ended, the other guy and I said, "That looks freakin' awesome!" while both girls said "Who is going to see THAT?".

Nobody says that

Word.

I love older movies. They are the best ones. Real character development, thought-provoking plots, cigarettes and liquor in every scene, and no need for crazy CGI or huge budgets to create a masterpiece.

Another vote for The Departed. Nothing like Damon getting his head blown off by a covert Wahlberg.

The ending was satisfying but not completely unexpected. The real twist was the shootout in the elevator.

Marky Mark was great in that movie.

Word.

I love older movies. They are the best ones. Real character development, thought-provoking plots, cigarettes and liquor in every scene, and no need for crazy CGI or huge budgets to create a masterpiece.

Damn straight. Money ruined movies. When you have to recoup $80 million you have to make a film that is bland and homogeneous enough to appeal/not offend as many people as possible. You know the original Planet of the Apes movies cost less than $2mil each to make? Not saying they are the peak of cinematic achievement, but you can make something as crazy as Conquest of the Planet of the Apes when you know (and more importantly the accountants know) you are making that money back. Meanwhile Tim Burton's $100million+ abortion of a remake did little outside of annoying anyone who bothered to watch it. These huge budgets are a pretty recent phenomena and are absolutely sucking the soul out of film.

Awesome movie. Saw it again recently on A&E or some other cable channel. Who says older movies can't be good?

Indeed - here's an excerpt from a Wiki reference - I won't post the link, so as not to give away the ending.

...."The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1963), by John le Carré, is a British Cold War spy novel that became famous of its portrayal of Western espionage methods as morally inconsistent with Western democracy and values. The novel met with critical acclaim at the time of its publication, and became an international best-seller. The novel is often regarded as one of the greatest spy-novels of all time, and has frequently appeared in lists of the greatest novels of all time: in 2005, it was selected as one of the All-Time 100 Novels by TIME Magazine.[1] In 2006, Publishers Weekly named it the “best spy novel of all-time”.[2][3]

In 1965, Martin Ritt directed the cinematic adaptation (of) The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, with Richard Burton as Alec Leamas, the burnt-out protagonist"...

Burton was among the first rank of actors, along with the likes of Laughton, the extended Olivier family and so forth.

So many fine actors and actresses through the years, so many fine flicks. Thousands of them. I can't see how anyone can plausibly make up these so-called "top"movie lists... :lol:

A little different twist from best movie best actor best rock band best what ever threads....

I saw this and thought of pretty much all the ones they have listed. Anyone have any other Best twist endings?? For me it was The Usual Suspects.

Most people should have seen these movies that are listed by now, but be warned.

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/02/...ings-in-movies/

Number 1 was my pick before I even picked on the link. That totall through me off when i first saw it.

What's in the box?!?!

really enjoyed 7...

the departed great twist...

Im thinking of one I think is called the heist......robert dinero and ed norton jr.....

great ending with dinero teling norton you think you could f with me.....classic......

underated movie

I want to throw a vote out there for one of the original twist endings...."Witness for the Prosecution"

I saw this film a few years ago when I watching some older stuff...fell in love with this one :D