The 10 Best Twist Endings in Movies

erynthered

A little different twist from best movie best actor best rock band best what ever threads....

I saw this and thought of pretty much all the ones they have listed. Anyone have any other Best twist endings?? For me it was The Usual Suspects.

Most people should have seen these movies that are listed by now, but be warned.

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/02/...ings-in-movies/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to give Twelve Monkeys an honorable mention.

And suggest that Sixth Sense doesn't belong on there, as the "twist" was so utterly predictable. If you didn't figure it out after his wife ignores him in the restaurant, you'd have to be almost completely brain-dead.

I'd add The Game with Michael Douglas. I'm not sure it fits as a "twist" because the whole movie you're basically trying to decide between two possibilities, but it fits the category as well as a lot of those listed in the link. Good movie and one of the few Michael Douglas movies I ever really liked.

EDIT: Also add Frailty.

you're probably all too young to remember but I do believe that the twist ending in Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin was the first of many iterations of the same theme used for years, but was TERRIFYING at the time. Now its almost a given and I got the biggest kick out of its use in the film Scream where it is predicted as a monster movie cliche.

And suggest that Sixth Sense doesn't belong on there, as the "twist" was so utterly predictable. If you didn't figure it out after his wife ignores him in the restaurant, you'd have to be almost completely brain-dead.

It's comments like this that make me realize how you rub so many people here the wrong way.

You know damn well that the ending of this movie was one of the biggest surprises in recent movie history, but you need to get on your high horse and call us all brain-dead.

<_<

That being said... The Usual Suspects would be my choice.

It's comments like this that make me realize how you rub so many people here the wrong way.

You know damn well that the ending of this movie was one of the biggest surprises in recent movie history, but you need to get on your high horse and call us all brain-dead.

<_<

The truth hurts.