Anyone living in the NoVA/DC area?

Dr. Fong

Do you like it? There's a job in Arlington that I'm thinking of applying for. I have mixed feelings about the possibility of moving, but need a change of scenery.

Dude, its great. Depends on what you want in terms of where you will want to live..but endless possibilities!!

Where in Arlington? If in Crystal city you can take VRE from places as far as fredericksburg to limit the pain of the commute. You do need to make more money, but the farther from the beltway the cheaper. Schools are pretty good. Lots of shopping, restaurants are just okay in the area, lots of chains. All the sports you want to watch. Overall not a bad area, just lots of traffic, and much higher COL.

As posted before, I hope it pays well and you are patient. It's a beautiful place to live with much to do, but it's expensive and the traffic is way worse than Rochester. It's not Atlanta bad, but it's worse than Baltimore. When I have to drive, I try to plan my trips around rush hour, because I know it will add 2 hours to the trip

Where in Arlington? If in Crystal city you can take VRE from places as far as fredericksburg to limit the pain of the commute. You do need to make more money, but the farther from the beltway the cheaper. Schools are pretty good. Lots of shopping, restaurants are just okay in the area, lots of chains. All the sports you want to watch. Overall not a bad area, just lots of traffic, and much higher COL.

The only real downside is that you'll be surrounded by elitist !@#$s like me and VABills...

Do you like it? There's a job in Arlington that I'm thinking of applying for. I have mixed feelings about the possibility of moving, but need a change of scenery.

Is there living in VA? I do not think so but in general job market it is one of best.

I like the variety of restaurants, availability of ethnic grocery stores, decent Chinese community (my wife is Chinese) and competition between DC, VA and MD resulting in lower prices sometimes.

I dislike the weather, traffic, disorganization, so many government jobs which skew jobs in area, and the road system here which is terribly unplanned. In VA it is particularly bad due to fact it is a Commonwealth not a state and dominated by Richmond. They are adding pay roads to beltway causing massive commuting issues just for those who are willing to pay extra - they are creating demand by disruption using our tax dollars.

I live in Alexandria (outside of beltway in Fairfax County) and I have been fortunate to have a job which does not require me to usually use beltway or I-95 / I-66 for last 5 years but it will not last.