Dan LeFevours Arm Strength

Thoner7

ITT: people concerned about how hard you can throw a ball and not concerned about mechanics or any necessary tools. this isn't professional baseball

It's part of it. But if you try to throw to hard you can lose accuracy. Mechanics can affect speed and accuracy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair throwing a baseball is quite a bit different than throwing a football

Exactly, and I found that there is a formula to bring it up to that speed. The ball never actually travels 80 MPH. Divide it by 1.68 and you will find the actual speed.

nfl.com:

LeFevour is high-character player and fierce competitor. Was extremely productive at the non-BCS level. Plays with very impressive intelligence and is a good decision maker. Possesses the release quickness you look for at the next level. Has the arm strength necessary to make most NFL throws. Exhibits very good accuracy in the short passing game.

Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan (6-3, 230)

He has good size, strength and athletic ability. His arm is strong, and he's able to throw with authority on short and longer patterns. LeFevour runs extremely well and his powerful frame makes him difficult to bring down. He does an excellent job of making reads before and after the snap. However, like Bradford, he has worked from the shotgun formation. He must demonstrate to scouts that he's able to work from under center and can see the field and process what he's seeing dropping back as well as he does when standing several yards behind the line. The other big questions about LeFevour concern his mechanics, but that's something he is trying to correct before his pre-draft workouts.

Thanks for posting these interesting reports.

There are many things you'd LIKE a QB to be able to do. But here are the things he MUST be able to do, and do at a high level: Quickly recognize the defense; Quickly release the ball; Throw with a high degree of accuracy. As these scouting reports show, Lefevour apparently excels at these three critical fundamentals.

In addition, he's got good size, has shown he's durable, is a very good runner and a threat to run at any time, appears to be unflappable under stress, is a high character guy, is intelligent, and broke all the records while playing outdoors in the very WNY-like weather of central Michigan.

The only knocks I can find on the guy are that he played in the MAC, might not have a rocket arm, and played mostly out of the shotgun.

So, with that profile, can anyone explain why certain people on this board go all foamy-mouth crazy with their hatred of the guy? It just doesn't make logical sense based on his well-documented body of work.

Well aside from me quoting NIX - Yes, article says WIlliams will play NT on a rotational basis. Therefore, is he not the NT? No team plays one player at one position every play of their season. "Williams will make plays at the NOSE for us" Again, that is not jumping to conclusions.

Suh could play all of those positions, and will play one of them depending on scheme. The differences between 1 techs in a 4-3 and 3-4 can be great. Suh will not be asked to play the nose in a 3-4, he will be an end. The OP in that thread was suggesting Suh was a 4-3 only player. I tried to find the thread but could not, I encourage you to post it to clear this all up. Its clear that I have backed my statements with quotes/videos, where you have been fabricating this repeatedly.

Was the title of your thread "K.Williams is the NT" "Quote from Nix"? K.Williams is THE NT? maybe you should actually read what you write once in a while because the article suggests that KW could be A NT in rotation, it by no means said that he is THE NT like you claim. Or am I making that up too?

Was the title of your thread "K.Williams is the NT" "Quote from Nix"? K.Williams is THE NT? maybe you should actually read what you write once in a while because the article suggests that KW could be A NT in rotation, it by no means said that he is THE NT like you claim. Or am I making that up too?

He’ll [Kyle Williams] make plays at nose for us - Buddy Nix.

Completely wrong.

1) DL wasn't even putting everything into it.

2) The average for QBs is in the 50s.

3) Your Cutler number is insane. http://air.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB...9346111395.html

Basically, to compare a football to a baseball, you multiply the mph by 1.68. So Lefevour threw 81 mph. According to your Cutler "numbers," he threw 134 mph.

4) Arm strength is completely overrated.

No according to our GM and HC. They say it a need.

K.Williams is THE NT....

Just give up. He can't understand the difference. :)

I think it's really funny that somebody thinks a QB that can throw 50-60 yards has a weak arm. :wallbash: IMO, that's probably an average arm for a QB and anyway I have yet to see a credible source on that one.

Thanks for posting these interesting reports.

There are many things you'd LIKE a QB to be able to do. But here are the things he MUST be able to do, and do at a high level: Quickly recognize the defense; Quickly release the ball; Throw with a high degree of accuracy. As these scouting reports show, Lefevour apparently excels at these three critical fundamentals.

In addition, he's got good size, has shown he's durable, is a very good runner and a threat to run at any time, appears to be unflappable under stress, is a high character guy, is intelligent, and broke all the records while playing outdoors in the very WNY-like weather of central Michigan.

The only knocks I can find on the guy are that he played in the MAC, might not have a rocket arm, and played mostly out of the shotgun.

So, with that profile, can anyone explain why certain people on this board go all foamy-mouth crazy with their hatred of the guy? It just doesn't make logical sense based on his well-documented body of work.

Those are the same measurables equated with Joe Montana and if I remember correctly he didn't have the strongest of arms either. Good post yungmack.