If we trade Whitner...

Alphadawg7

Lets say this rumored trade goes through (although I am doubtful it will) and we trade Whitner to Was for Campbell. Obvioiusly we are no longer an option to take a QB first round, so the obvious most likely candidate would be an OT.

That being said, there is a lot of buzz that OT could go on a run in the top 10, and if they do, the OT available to us at #9 may not really be a guy you would grade out to take at #9.

In the event this happens and that causes Eric Berry to fall to us at #9 (I have seen 2 mock drafts now showing him slipping to #11 to Jax) would we take him and should we take him? He is being compared to Ed Reed and is most often projected in the top 5.

Berry isnt the biggest guy, but he can lay some hits (see the highlight of him lighting up Knowshon Moreno).

I still think he doesnt fall and I still think we should go OT, but man, if this guy falls to #9 he will easily be the best player still available by a mile.

Immediate reaction would be: "Geezus, not another DB"...but Berry isnt no ordinary prospect, this kid is an Elite prospect and if we traded Whitner would still have to fill that hole.

I would rather keep Whitner and get a different QB...but if I HAVE to make this trade, I would still rather trade down and get Taylor Mays or Myron Rolle...and stockpile a couple picks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say this rumored trade goes through (although I am doubtful it will) and we trade Whitner to Was for Campbell. Obvioiusly we are no longer an option to take a QB first round, so the obvious most likely candidate would be an OT.

That being said, there is a lot of buzz that OT could go on a run in the top 10, and if they do, the OT available to us at #9 may not really be a guy you would grade out to take at #9.

In the event this happens and that causes Eric Berry to fall to us at #9 (I have seen 2 mock drafts now showing him slipping to #11 to Jax) would we take him and should we take him? He is being compared to Ed Reed and is most often projected in the top 5.

Berry isnt the biggest guy, but he can lay some hits (see the highlight of him lighting up Knowshon Moreno).

I still think he doesnt fall and I still think we should go OT, but man, if this guy falls to #9 he will easily be the best player still available by a mile.

Immediate reaction would be: "Geezus, not another DB"...but Berry isnt no ordinary prospect, this kid is an Elite prospect and if we traded Whitner would still have to fill that hole.

Trading Whitner does not create a need for the Bills. Our current starting safeties are George Wilson and Jairus Byrd. We don't need to use the 9th overall pick to fill our #3 safety spot or our nickleback spot--the role Whitner currently has.

This team should use the 9th overall pick on a critical position that's hard to fill, where we also have a need. QB, LT, NT, RDE are all viable options for that pick. If no one good is available at any of those four positions, then maybe you start looking at WRs or LBs or RTs or something. But we should not draft yet another DB with a top-12 pick!!! :nana::cry::w00t: The only thing worse than doing that would be taking a RB at #9! I'd almost rather donate the 9th overall pick to charity (i.e., Detroit), than use it on either a RB or a DB!! :angry: :angry:

... says he, who got called out by the best poster on this board :cry:

I don't know what's more pathetic:

- the fact that you only post to whine about a draft pick that was 4 years and sound like a bitter, dumped ex-girlfriend

- your pimping of Dusty Dvoracek, who's been truly amazing

- that you worship an internet poster

- that you actually think I give a crap about you or anyone else thinks in my daily life.

But if you and your whiny B word brigade want to try and "internet bully" :nana: , why don't you jsut start a thread and keep in there & stop sidetracking threads. But keep it real, DAwgg!!!