How Many Former Bills Players/Coaches Have Won SB

fbzh2

How many former Bills players and coaches have won Super Bowls with other teams after leaving the Bills?

We have a lot of talented researchers on this board. I wonder if anyone has already calculated this and if so, could you share?

If not, it sounds like a fun project for those so inclined in this sort of thing.

It would also be interesting to speculate as to who won because of their contribution to the new team, or because they dedicated themselves to a better work ethic, a better organization, or just lucky, and etc…you get the idea. I realize that this part would be very speculative but it could be fun to get other people’s views.

Anybody?

I’ll start with Greg Williams, K. Gilbride, J. Greer, A. Hargrove, Sammy Morris, Antwian Smith, Ziegler-lineman who went to the Giants a few years ago, etc. I think it could be a long list.... :D

How many former Bills players and coaches have won Super Bowls with other teams after leaving the Bills?

We have a lot of talented researchers on this board. I wonder if anyone has already calculated this and if so, could you share?

If not, it sounds like a fun project for those so inclined in this sort of thing.

It would also be interesting to speculate as to who won because of their contribution to the new team, or because they dedicated themselves to a better work ethic, a better organization, or just lucky, and etc…you get the idea. I realize that this part would be very speculative but it could be fun to get other people’s views.

Anybody?

I’ll start with Greg Williams, K. Gilbride, J. Greer, A. Hargrove, Sammy Morris, Antwian Smith, Ziegler-lineman who went to the Giants a few years ago, etc. I think it could be a long list.... :D

Along with Greer, Hargrove and Antowain Smith I can think of the following (Sammy Morris never won a Superbowl-I believe his first year on the Pats they went undefeated and lost the Superbowl).

Ted Washington (Pats)

Bob Chandler (Raiders)

Don Beebe (Packers)

Rob Johnson (Bucs)-OUCH! that one hurts

Sam Gash (Ravens)

Marlin Briscoe (Dolphins)

Nost Tackle Mike Lodish. Played 11 seasons from 1990-2000, appearing in 6 superbowls - most of any player ever.

Superbowls: 0-4 with Bills, 2-0 with Broncos in '97 & '98.

Made playoffs in 9 of 11 seasons, missing only with 1 season with Buffalo in '94 and another with Denver in '95.

6 superbowls in 11 year career. Amazing.

Some who won a Super Bowl after leaving the Bills... (source http://www.completesuperbowl.com)

Tom Flores - SB IV KC Chiefs, Coach for Raiders in SB XV, XVIII

Remi Prudhomme - SB IV KC Chiefs

Marlin Briscoe - SB VII, VIII Miami

Jim Dunaway - SB VII Miami

Mike Kindig - SB VII Miami

Bob Chandler - SB XV Raiders

Keith Moody - SB XV Raiders

Bob Nelson - SB XV, XVIII Raiders

Sam Wyche - QB Coach for 49ers in SB XVI

Mario Clark - SB XIX 49ers

Dale Hellestrae - SB XXVII, XXVIII,XXX Cowboys

Don Beebe - SB XXXI Packers

Mike Lodish - SB XXXII, XXXIII Broncos

Justin Armour - SB XXXIII Broncos

Rick Tuten - SB XXXIV Rams (injured - didn't play)

Sam Gash - SB XXXV Ravens

Matt Stevens - SB XXXVI Patriots*

Antowain Smith - SB XXXVI, XXXVIII Patriots*

Rob Johnson - SB XXXVII Bucs

Larry Centers - SB XXXVIII Patriots*

Ted Washington - SB XXXVIII Patriots*

Pete Metzelaars - Offensive QC Coach SB XLI Colts

Kevin Gilbride - OC SB XLII Giants

Dick LeBeau - DC SB XLIII Steelers

Jabari Greer - SB XLIV Saints

Anthony Hargrove - SB XLIV Saints

Pierson Prioleau - SB XLIV Saints

Gregg Williams - DC SB XLIV Saints

Nost Tackle Mike Lodish. Played 11 seasons from 1990-2000, appearing in 6 superbowls - most of any player ever.

Superbowls: 0-4 with Bills, 2-0 with Broncos in '97 & '98.

Made playoffs in 9 of 11 seasons, missing only with 1 season with Buffalo in '94 and another with Denver in '95.

6 superbowls in 11 year career. Amazing.

WOW! How could have I forgotten about Lodish! I never knew the stats...Thanks...!!! :D

Some who won a Super Bowl after leaving the Bills... (source http://www.completesuperbowl.com)

Tom Flores - SB IV KC Chiefs, Coach for Raiders in SB XV, XVIII

Remi Prudhomme - SB IV KC Chiefs

Marlin Briscoe - SB VII, VIII Miami

Jim Dunaway - SB VII Miami

Mike Kindig - SB VII Miami

Bob Chandler - SB XV Raiders

Keith Moody - SB XV Raiders

Bob Nelson - SB XV, XVIII Raiders

Sam Wyche - QB Coach for 49ers in SB XVI

Mario Clark - SB XIX 49ers

Dale Hellestrae - SB XXVII, XXVIII,XXX Cowboys

Don Beebe - SB XXXI Packers

Mike Lodish - SB XXXII, XXXIII Broncos

Justin Armour - SB XXXIII Broncos

Rick Tuten - SB XXXIV Rams (injured - didn't play)

Sam Gash - SB XXXV Ravens

Matt Stevens - SB XXXVI Patriots*

Antowain Smith - SB XXXVI, XXXVIII Patriots*

Rob Johnson - SB XXXVII Bucs

Larry Centers - SB XXXVIII Patriots*

Ted Washington - SB XXXVIII Patriots*

Pete Metzelaars - Offensive QC Coach SB XLI Colts

Kevin Gilbride - OC SB XLII Giants

Dick LeBeau - DC SB XLIII Steelers

Jabari Greer - SB XLIV Saints

Anthony Hargrove - SB XLIV Saints

Pierson Prioleau - SB XLIV Saints

Gregg Williams - DC SB XLIV Saints

Excellent… thank you! great info! :D

Here are a few before and afters ...Marlin Briscoe was a shocker for me. I remember he played some QB for Denver, played wideout for us and may have thrown a few passes, but won his ring with the fish.

Frank Lewis, won a ring with Steelers before Bills. Kawika Mitchell did with Giants,again before.Kendell Simmons before with Steelers.Lawyer Milloy before he left Pats,Wayne Simmons before with Pack,London Fletcher before with Rams,Sam Gash before with the Ravens,Sam Adams before with Ravens,Kevin Williams before with Cowboys,

Marlin Briscoe,won a ring with the Dolphins after trade from Bills.Don Beebe with packers,Larry Centers with the Pats,Ted Washington also with the Pats in 2003,Bob Chandler after with the Raiders.