Band of Brothers fans...

Wooderson

I've just gotten into the Band of Brothers series recently and I only have one more episode left in the miniseries. I love it, it's really interesting. I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I figured I'd share. HBO is coming out with a new series produced by Spielberg and Hanks. It's called The Pacific and seems to be very similar to Band of Brothers, except it focuses on the American battles against the Japanese. I saw the "Making Of" on HBO a few days ago and it got me excited. Some of the major battles that it covers are; Guadalcanal, Peleliu, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa. It begins on March 14th.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

I've just gotten into the Band of Brothers series recently and I only have one more episode left in the miniseries. I love it, it's really interesting. I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I figured I'd share. HBO is coming out with a new series produced by Spielberg and Hanks. It's called The Pacific and seems to be very similar to Band of Brothers, except it focuses on the American battles against the Japanese. I saw the "Making Of" on HBO a few days ago and it got me excited. Some of the major battles that it covers are; Guadalcanal, Peleliu, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa. It begins on March 14th.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

:rolleyes: This really excites me, I love Band of Brothers!!!

:D This really excites me, I love Band of Brothers!!!

I know, me too. The battle scenes look unbelievable and I love that HBO has practically full hour running times. It's so much better than the commercial-ridden hour cable TV shows, where an hour is actually around 40 minutes.

I have watched every band of brothers episode.

I love it when the bring back the older vets to talk about their real life experiences with the show.....I would love to sit and talk to them for hours.

Amen to that. Band of Brothers went very deep into their experience in Europe and I cannot WAIT for the Pacific chapter.

I have watched every band of brothers episode.

I love it when the bring back the older vets to talk about their real life experiences with the show.....I would love to sit and talk to them for hours.

All you have to do is find one, then you usually can't stop them. Go hang out at a USO.

If you like Band of Brothers, then read the Book by Ambrose. Also read 'Biggest Brother' A Winters biography by Larry Alexander. Pegasus Bridge is also worth a read (British Para and the Orne river bridge) I've read 'The Filthy 13' but I guess it didnt make much of an impression on me.

Once a year there is a fly in of WW2 bombers here, vets always show up, and it's always fascinating. One of the vets had his original Bomber jacket on, I cant remember the name of the aircraft, but I couldnt take my eyes off of the nose art on the jacket.

Once a year there is a fly in of WW2 bombers here, vets always show up, and it's always fascinating. One of the vets had his original Bomber jacket on, I cant remember the name of the aircraft, but I couldnt take my eyes off of the nose art on the jacket.

Probably one of the (former) Confederate Air Force fleet. Likely their B-24 Liberator, if it was four-engined, and you didn't recognize it. The elegant B-17 is instantly noticed.

My late FIL flew on Liberators out of Port Moresby and other places in WWII. He was a ground mechanic and radioman chiefly, but flew 10 or so missions as a tail gunner, replacing lost souls. Got credit for shooting down a Jap Yokosuka "Judy" dive bomber that for some reason decided to draw it's teeny 8mm guns on his twin .50's - the Jap pilot was oblivious to the fact that the .50 had superior range, hitting power, and most importantly - that the .50s were firing back and his guns were firing forward. He bore forward in level flight. What an idiot. He had superior speed, maneuverability and climb. Scoot up, roll over and down, and splash a B-24. Easy.

Today's liberal political intolerance forced them to change their name to the "Commemorative Air Force." You know how that goes... :nana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commemorative..._Force#Aircraft