Obama Tops Bush in Something!

BillsNYC

This was actually sent by a very anti-war liberal friend who hates Obama for not being liberal enough. This is transparency huh?

"President George W. Bush's longest stretch between prime-time, nationally televised press conferences was 214 days, from April 4 to Nov. 4, 2004. Mr. Obama tops that record on Monday, going 215 days - stretching back to July 22, according to records kept by CBS Radio's veteran reporter Mark Knoller."

Which many don't count as a real presser as it was short and impromptu.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/2...=home_headlines

Didn't everyone complain when he was doing too many nationally televised appearances?

The complaints were more along the lines of how he was still campaigning - not an entirely inaccurate observation.

The complaint in this thread isn't about Obama, it's about the hypocrisy of the people that cried about Bush doing too few - again, not an entirely inaccurate observation, although not a particluarly worthwhile one either.

I do. I really have been wondering why the !@#$ Obama has not been doing PC's. He did like 3 of them really close together, and then just stopped. It's kind of pissing me off. Like "what is he hiding?" kind of stuff.

Do you understand how exhausting being President of the United States has to be? I am sure he thought he could keep up the schedule doing that, but wanting to be able to do something and being able to are two separate things.

Do you understand how exhausting being President of the United States has to be? I am sure he thought he could keep up the schedule doing that, but wanting to be able to do something and being able to are two separate things.

You are, in fact, correct. I am exhausted. I thought, that by employing a figurehead, I could divert some of the pressure. Not so. I am so very, very tired.

You would have a point, except... he does town hall meetings all of the time. Those are similar in that he makes a short speech and then opens up the floor for a few questions. The only difference is town halls are not usually nationally televised on all major TV networks.

You would have a point, except... he does town hall meetings all of the time. Those are similar in that he makes a short speech and then opens up the floor for a few questions. The only difference is town halls are not usually nationally televised on all major TV networks.

In other words, they're the same thing except for being completely different. Gotcha. :D