LT released.

DarthICE

OR, they had to pull him early so he would actually be able to play in those later games.

at his age, with his injuries, you can look at it like this:

he can play the first half of all 16 games

OR

he can play the entire game for 8 games

i dont think his stats are getting that much better by wearing him out in the beginning of the season...

i don't buy that one bit. i watched almost every SD game and when they were ahead in games, they just took him out. they did that even w/ sproles in the 4th. also, you have to keep in mind that SD has turned into a pass first offense. there were times this year where they barely ran the ball, and i don't think that's solely because LT is past his prime. it's just a different philosophy, especially b/c rivers and jackson have come into their own. even if they're lucky enough to get spiller in this year's draft, you'll see his attempts be way below league average. it'll be similar to that of arizona last year.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your dumb...so hmmm yea lets get another 30 yr old vet at RB to go with our other 30 yr old RB and get rid of our young 23 year old work horse...stick to fantasy football and madden kid...

LT is done and he is done for a reason. He has had too many injuries and is WAY past his prime. Where would he fit in our rotation? Fred, Marshawn, LT....we don't have enough touches to go around for the guys we do have. It is only logical to assume it's another one of these guys that think player XYZ is a thug or whatever veiled "off color" name you want to use. It's typical.

Lynch without question has definitely had some maturity issues but he is a good RB who was in the probowl as an alternate 2 years ago. He had the highest yards per carry of all probowl RBs and was the guy called in when the AFC needed a critical 4th down conversion. We are never going to get better if we keep getting rid of talent because our poor little feelings got hurt because these players aren't perfect gentlemen or actually demand to be paid what they are worth.

I agree he is a risk due to his off field problems and that Fred is a better cut back runner and slightly better receiver. Is this because Fred Jackson is 29 and Lynch is 23? Something to think about people. Freddy better be more mature and more polished as a RB as he is more than 5 years Lynch's senior. That is 2/3s of a lifetime in RB years. That being said if we could actually find this guy a o-line that could open a freakin' hole in the running game he is indeed a BEAST!

Let's worry about fixing our actual holes instead of creating new ones shall we?

CO MOTHAFU*KIN SIGN 100%...The fools on this site dont think rationally at times...when marshawn was running over people, throwing touchdowns and going to the pro bowl they were all di*kriding...He wasn't a thug, punk or whatever stereotype they using nowadays he was a BILL. Now knowing damn well we need other positions they wanna make a problem out of nothing. Marshawn's not the smartest 5th grader in the class but he's damn good and he ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE...

There's no assumption on my part that Welker won't return in 2010. He may eventually return (although remember that there may be a lockout in 2011), but he's pushing 30 (unlike Willis who was 20 when he got hurt) and his game (unlike Brady's) relies on a lot of running and hard-cutting ability. And he was instrumental in them winning the division last year, nevermind what his absence meant in the playoffs.

What makes me think that Sanchez, a rookie, won't improve in his 2nd season, or that Thomas Jones won't still do well? Maybe less of the same optimisim that makes you think the Pats will play well enough to win the division again, much less become SB contenders again.

And what happened 5+ years ago means nothing today. It just says they are 5 years older/more removed from their glory days.

But getting back to the main point, LT won't be going to the Pats. Regardless of whether you think the Pats' SB contending days are over, he doesn't like them and they won't pay him what he thinks he worth. But not signing him might be a good thing for them.

The Patriots have found a way to win the division and get into the playoffs for nearly a decade... Regardless of when or if Welker comes back, they won before he was even with them... If you actually look at their records over the last decade, which I explained, they are in contention every year, regardless of injuries, replacements, coaching vacancies... They've lost a lot year after year and continue to compete... One of the years they won the SB, they were the most injured team in the NFL... They will compete again in 2010...

5 years removed from the glory days? Brady has more wins than any active QB going into the 2010 season... I'd say he's still in his prime... If Elway can win the SB at 38 years old, I'd say Brady can too... He's already got 3... Glory days haven't ended with him... Somehow he keeps winning... But go ahead and perennially underestimate the Pats... As much as I hate that team, I've stated far more facts in the last 3 posts than you...

Again, more facts for you... Belichick, as I stated before, likes veteran RBs (Dillion, Taylor)... LT is still a good receiver out of the backfield, much like Kevin Faulk, and is still an effective goal-line back... Its doubtful any team is going to give LT what he thinks he's worth, as many veteran FA RBs have found out... LT has plenty of money... What he wants is what all competitors want, that elusive SB ring... He's not going to go to Detroit or Cleveland for more money... He's going to go to a competitor so he can finally win a championship... You say what happened 5 years ago doesn't matter now. Well, the "dancing on the Chargers logo" happened over 3 years ago... Has LT come out and said he still hates the Patriots? Where's the evidence that he holds a grudge 3 years later..? And for an incident against a team he's no longer a part of? If he does, that's a looooong unhealthy hatred to still be holding onto... But please, show me the evidence that he hates them today... You've shown me SO much evidence based on your assumptions already... Again, as I said, perhaps he doesn't sign with the Pats... There are other SB contenders... Contenders are who he will be interested in.. But I'm sure the Pats will be in the running...

The Patriots have found a way to win the division and get into the playoffs for nearly a decade... Regardless of when or if Welker comes back, they won before he was even with them... If you actually look at their records over the last decade, which I explained, they are in contention every year, regardless of injuries, replacements, coaching vacancies... They've lost a lot year after year and continue to compete... One of the years they won the SB, they were the most injured team in the NFL... They will compete again in 2010...

5 years removed from the glory days? Brady has more wins than any active QB going into the 2010 season... I'd say he's still in his prime... If Elway can win the SB at 38 years old, I'd say Brady can too... He's already got 3... Glory days haven't ended with him... Somehow he keeps winning... But go ahead and perennially underestimate the Pats... As much as I hate that team, I've stated far more facts in the last 3 posts than you...

Again, more facts for you... Belichick, as I stated before, likes veteran RBs (Dillion, Taylor)... LT is still a good receiver out of the backfield, much like Kevin Faulk, and is still an effective goal-line back... Its doubtful any team is going to give LT what he thinks he's worth, as many veteran FA RBs have found out... LT has plenty of money... What he wants is what all competitors want, that elusive SB ring... He's not going to go to Detroit or Cleveland for more money... He's going to go to a competitor so he can finally win a championship... You say what happened 5 years ago doesn't matter now. Well, the "dancing on the Chargers logo" happened over 3 years ago... Has LT come out and said he still hates the Patriots? Where's the evidence that he holds a grudge 3 years later..? And for an incident against a team he's no longer a part of? If he does, that's a looooong unhealthy hatred to still be holding onto... But please, show me the evidence that he hates them today... You've shown me SO much evidence based on your assumptions already... Again, as I said, perhaps he doesn't sign with the Pats... There are other SB contenders... Contenders are who he will be interested in.. But I'm sure the Pats will be in the running...

Things go in cycles. The Bills dominated the AFC East for the better part of a decade back in the late 80's/ early 90's. Eventually it ended. The same will happen to the Patriots. Count on it.

But if you're LaDanian Tomlinson and you are looking for a new team, would you a) go to a team that appears to be in decline, has a team nipping at their heels, lost a key member of their offense, and whose coach you called "classless," just because they won 3 SB's over 5 years ago, or b) go to a team that made it to the SB, or conference championships, or even divisional round of the playoffs last year (that's 8 teams)? The answer is obvious. I'll say that if he goes to the Patriots, it's because it's a team of last resort for him. He's a short-yardage back at best now.