Howard Simon flips out on a caller

Deep2Moulds46

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was awesome. I like Simon. He is about the only thing worth a damn in the WGR studio.

Schopp and Bullfrog are worthless. Bullfrog is at least a Bills fan, but he has to pretend he doesn't care because Schopp makes it "uncool" to be a Bills fan.

They were talking about the most loved athletes in Buffalo Sports, past or present, and their list was Miller, Myers, Ruff, then everybody else was way down the line. I like these guys, and possibly Miller really is the face of Buffalo sports right now, but when a couple callers mentioned Byrd and Jackson. They just said they were not even close. Those are guys that come to mind for me, as does Poz. They said the only Bill considered would be Morman....the punter. I guess that they have just realized we will not take Tebow at #9, in the last week shows how in tune they are.

It was great to hear a Buffalo media member get passionate.

The last pole I seen had 42% of the folks polled wanting Trent Edwards to start. So its not just a couple of fans here and there and if the poll is giving us an indication of how the fan base as a whole feels about the situation then there are tens of thousands of fans that believe Trent Edwards should start,

he should start......somewhere else! :doh:

Guest dog14787
he should start......somewhere else! :doh:

Why, so TE has success somewhere else and the Bills organization looks even more incompetent then we already do.

The last pole I seen had 42% of the folks polled wanting Trent Edwards to start. So its not just a couple of fans here and there and if the poll is giving us an indication of how the fan base as a whole feels about the situation then there are tens of thousands of fans that believe Trent Edwards should start,

including me...

You know, Dog, I am beginning to come around to your way of thinking. The sooner we start Edwards, the sooner he'll go down with a career ending injury, and then we'll be done with him forever. Can't wait for the season or even the preseason to begin!

Hell, he might even fold by training camp or OTAs.

Guest dog14787
You know, Dog, I am beginning to come around to your way of thinking. The sooner we start Edwards, the sooner he'll go down with a career ending injury, and then we'll be done with him forever. Can't wait for the season or even the preseason to begin!

Hell, he might even fold by training camp or OTAs.

That's another way of looking at it and if the 010 O-line resembles the 09 O-line you might just get your wish.

Too bad youtube doesn't have Jim Brinson on FanTV getting his toupee ripped off by a professional wrestler. I remember seeing that on live TV years ago I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Edit: http://www.wgr550.com/Howard-Simon/1221204 <--Simon mentions it in his bio under strangest moment

Hey hey.....it's me....JIMMY B!

Why, so TE has success somewhere else and the Bills organization looks even more incompetent then we already do.

After a very intense .3 second debate, I have come to the difficult conclusion that...this is a chance I am willing to take.

It's ok to admit you were wrong about Trent. I had to. I was a big Trent fan, and I was very vocal about how I thought he was a real QB...unfortunately, I was wrong. It feels better to finally admit that he sucks, it was like I was lying to myself for a long time. I kept saying he was good, yet he wasn't giving me any ammunition to defend him with. When I admitted he was a kitty-B word, the weight of the world was lifted off of my shoulders.

Guest dog14787
No, so we can start someone who has the mental makeup to be at least a decent QB. TE doesnt have it.

Right, and what do fellas like Marv Levy or the late Bill Walsh know about intelligence, athleticism, good Character or the mental makeup needed to be a decent QB in the National Football League.

Right, and what do fellas like Marv Levy or the late Bill Walsh know about intelligence, athleticism, good Character or the mental makeup needed to be a decent QB in the National Football League.

again with the Bill Walsh thing, the guy didn't even want Montana on his team, so he is not the truth be told end all. Dog your incredible love for TE is really making me start to wonder if he is paying you for support or if you are family--- let it go man, the guy is not a good QB and he isn't going to develop much beyond what he already is

Guest dog14787
Not as much as they used to....that is obvious

At least Levy and Walsh realized the QB is only going to be as good as the protection he is given.

At least Levy and Walsh realized the QB is only going to be as good as the protection he is given.

This goes beyond protection issues. When a QB has enough time to look downfield, and finds an open receiver, he should take his shot. There have been times when Trent had enough time to look downfield, but chose not to, instead taking the dump off. Multiple times, multiple games. Sorry, its not gonna get fixed, at least not in Buffalo.

common sense

Common sense? Fans that want Edwards to start lack common football sense. Oft injured, sucked in College and the pros both. Line or no line, he is a coward. He refuses to throw with anticipation, won't make the hard throws, has a weak arm and crappy release. He bounces more 15 yard outs than he completes. He can't read a defense to save his ass even if he has time.

The reality is this, the ONLY reason this clown got one stap as a starter in the NFL is he was exactly the wimpy, ultra conservitive QB that Dick Jauron wanted. I guarantee you we release him and he won't ever start again in the NFL except in mop up time or due to a starters injury.

Levy and Walsh. Ok right, well Levy sucked as a GM. The only reason he is in the HOF is he had a team full of probowlers and HOF'er that he just had to get the way out of.

Guess what? Walsh was WRONG about Edwards. No one hits 100% and this is one time Walsh was flat out wrong.