NFL's Most Dysfunctional Team

billsfreak

The Sports columnist from the Gowanda Penny Saver also thinks the Bills don't know what they're doing. I'll try and find a link.

Awesome. :lol:

At TBD do we really need "articles" like this linked on the front page? Then again, they do provide a good source of entertainment during the off-season. Carry on. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be clear to even the casual reader that this is an opinion piece.

WTF is wrong with you guys?? A man has voiced his opinion---that is that he is not as willing to buy into another "regime change" as quickly and unquestioningly (and predictably) as you are.

Relax.

And harping on the puniness of his newspaper is hilarious---we all know what your response would be if it was in the Buffalo News, The D and C or even (or especially) ESPN.

DarthIce, I agree with you. I think the Bills are finally on the right track again.

Nix is essentially an extension of AJ Smith and he's a national scout with a plethoria experience with regard to evaluating players and coaches. he knew what he wanted and he went out and got it.

Believe it or not, there was a time when C. Gailey was a very hot commodity. The Cowboys hired him, B. Cowher hired him and recommended him to be the HC of the Steelers when he resigned. That says a lot of Gailey's credentials.

Nix has brought in Whaley from the Steelers, who could eventually be his successor, but will provide a lot of insight and scouting experience himself. if nothing else, he'll be a strong adviser to Nix and Gailey.

The Bills finally seem to have a good plan. They finally have somebody who is a respected play-caller.

I'm very anxious to see what moves are made in FA and in the draft.

"Look I have been in Ralph's ass as much as anyone" - Would you care to rephrase that??? LOL.

WTF is wrong with you guys?? A man has voiced his opinion---that is that he is not as willing to buy into another "regime change" as quickly and unquestioningly (and predictably) as you are.

Relax.

And harping on the puniness of his newspaper is hilarious---we all know what your response would be if it was in the Buffalo News, The D and C or even (or especially) ESPN.

If you put an opinion out there, expect it to be dissected as an opinion and for others to voice theirs.

It's quite possible that this guy from the Evening Hamburglar knows what he's talking about. It's far more likely that Buddy Nix has forgotten more about football than this columnist has ever learned.

I used to work w/ Dan Meyer when I lived in Buffalo, and not only is he a solid writer and stand up guy, but he knows his sports, especially baseball and football. Don't question his integrity or call him a hack, because you sound like a fool.

Dan Meyer's a Hack...there I said it. Opinions are like !@#$s. Everyone's got one, and they all stink. Who cares what Dan Meyer (who?) says?

As for as the assistant coaches, I have heard nothing but positives from anyone that has ever been coached by them or been around them. As for as being cheap with these hires, Ralph offered up the bank to both Shanahan and Cowher and both said no. So what is Ralph to do, pay Gailey 10 mill per year to satisfy some pussys that are going to whine and B word at every move he makes?

Ralph never offered anyone $10 million per year. It makes me ill to see people continuing to make this claim. The suggestion that the Bills were considering those dollar figures was put out there by A) agents looking to set new highs for their client's compensation and B) the Bills who wanted their fans to believe they went "big game hunting" with real dollars.

Shanny is working for $35 million over 5. There is no way he turned down $15 million in guaranteed money no matter where in the NFL it was being offered. That just doesn't happen.

You like Chan? Fine. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. But don't pretend these guys offered what it takes to seal the deal with Shanny, Cowher, et al because obviously they did not.

Yes - they are nuts, but...

5-11, 1 loss than BUF last season. Beat CIN, PGH, PHI, DEN once, KC. Lost 2 to SD by a total of 12 points.

They have a decent defense IMO.

Okay, let's do this....

Ralph Wilson vs. Al Davis........

Al Davis wins "Most Dysfunctional" by a narrow decision on a bad Brylcreme comb-over and dumpy Wal Mart sweat suit.

Relax.

Opinion? I suppose that depends on which side of billsfreak's mouth is doing the talking.

Nobody that has watched the Bills over the past decade can disagree with anything that this guy has to say. Sometimes the truth hurts-Ralphie!

http://www.thesunnews.net/editorial.php3?idkey=7146

I feel just like you do, but it doesn't change anything in the article, which is spot on. Yours are feelings of a fan, which alot of us have, his are cold hard facts that don't affect your feelings-apples and oranges.

If you can't find the article go to the front page of TBD. For your information, you can be a big fan of a team and still face reality. I am not sure how old you are, but I was probably routing for the Bills before you were born (unless your middle aged like myself), so why don't you go find a new team, instead of telling someone else to? This board is for opinions, and in my opinion and anyone who removes them from the diehard fandome for a minute and look at the past decade without bias, you will know that article is the truth from start to finish. If you can't read something negative about a franchise that has been nothing but negative for over 10 years and not take it personally, maybe you should go to Disney.com and play some kids games or something.

Not for the NY Times, Washington Post or any of the top 50 newspapers in the US.

The Buffalo Market is no longer among top 50 markets so top 50 does not apply. Top 100 maybe but Sully being employed shows even that is too high of a standard for Buffalo.

Okay, let's do this....

Ralph Wilson vs. Al Davis........

Al Davis wins "Most Dysfunctional" by a narrow decision on a bad Brylcreme comb-over and dumpy Wal Mart sweat suit.

I'll write in billsfreak. More dysfunctional than both of them combined.

Ask Raiders fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Bears fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Chiefs fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Rams fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Etc, etc, etc. Losing = dysfunctional. I love how the Bengals, in one year, went from completely dysfunctional to brilliant.

The reason why Bears fans see their franchise as the most dysfunctional is because of this man.

I used to work w/ Dan Meyer when I lived in Buffalo, and not only is he a solid writer and stand up guy, but he knows his sports, especially baseball and football. Don't question his integrity or call him a hack, because you sound like a fool.

SnowBlow me. How sweet... coming to your friend's emotional rescue...

Sans the Alex Van Pill year, and another year or two, the BB teams of the period in which we speak, were in playoff contentention (late) into most of these seasons. An unorthodox organizational chart, bad gameday coaching (which encompasses poor on-field player enthusiam + motivation) and injuries upon injuries does not = disfunction.

All-in-all, this team has been paradoxically close- better than many, outside of the W-L column.

Perhaps this little twink (DM) was downtown last week and got blown-off by some gals from Tonawanda, so he's lashing back (at B-lo) with a vengence? Revenge, how sweet it ain't- when you're a writer who can't write.

How's Obamanomics working for ya?

Did the man say it? yes. When did he say it? Something like last October before there was any mention of the guy being a HC again. So why out of the Blue did JJ say it if he didn't mean it?

Just because YOU dont' like the hiring and YOU don't like Gailey as a HC doesn't make JJ wrong for firing Gailey.

Possible other reasons:

1) He likes Gailey as a person and wanted to help get him back on his feet.

2) He thinks Gailey sucks ass and was hoping a team he plays a lot picked him up.

3) He wanted to light a fire under Wade.

Gailey spent 2 seasons as HC in Dallas and managed to barely break .500 overall and to lose both playoff games he coached. Given JJ's history and personality, of course Gailey was going to get shown the door there as well. But after all Gaileys firings after that (and there were several), JJ did not hire him for any other position. Why if it was such a mistake????

Facts are facts ICE. Gailey is a well traveled (as in fired a LOT) coach who has had what you can call at best a mediocre career overall. He seems like a nice enough guy, and certainly experienced. I am not for him, or against him as the Bills HC. He was probably the best that the Bills could get under the circumstances. And no matter what anyone thinks of him, he IS the Bills HC now.

If you need a quote from the one person who stated firing him was a mistake (as opposed to all the others who have made no such claim that I know about, particularly GT who had to pay him out of his contract in order to fire him) as a vehicle to get yourself fired up and Billieving again then knock yourself out. Nothing wrong with feeling passionate about your team and wanting very badly to like their decisions. I am just so sick of the "mistake" statement I lashed out at you. I suppose if there were more positive things to say about the situation I wouldn't be so sick of this one.

This man ain't doing so hot either.

They are on the cusp, however, because of this man.

Darth...right on brother. I agree 100% with your rant.

I think this Dan Myers should square off with Joe Logan in a steel-cage match. My apologies to the poster who has a man-crush on Danny, but I think a shirtless fist-fight is the only way this is going to be settled.