SD and Marshawn

Would you trade Marshawn and our 2nd for SD's 1st?

and

Do you think they would actually take it?

This trade moves us to 28 from 41 overall.

According to YE OLE Trade Value Chart:

The 28th overall pick is worth 660 points.

The 41st overall pick is worth 490 points.

This gives us a spread of 170 points... we'll call this "the juice" or THE MARSHAWN FACTOR.

170 points is equivalent to the 84th overall pick in the draft, which is a mid-late 3rd rd. pick.

So you're trading Marshawn for a mid to late 3rd rd. pick... fair value? Debate and discuss...

NO!!!!!

Their first is almost like our second. We gave them Marshawn for nothing.

I would only trade Marshawn for their 1st. If they don't want to do it, then they can go fly a kite. We don't need to get rid of Marshawn that badly. We have an option, which is to keep Marshawn here!

This trade moves us to 28 from 41 overall.

According to YE OLE Trade Value Chart:

The 28th overall pick is worth 660 points.

The 41st overall pick is worth 490 points.

This gives us a spread of 170 points... we'll call this "the juice" or THE MARSHAWN FACTOR.

170 points is equivalent to the 84th overall pick in the draft, which is a mid-late 3rd rd. pick.

So you're trading Marshawn for a mid to late 3rd rd. pick... fair value? Debate and discuss...

No. The RB's that will end up around #84 are Joe McKnight USC and Anthony Dixon

Mississippi State.

and who would replace Lynch? Jackson is near 30 years old, he has a few good years left.

There are several free agent and probable cuts that lower our need to keep Lynch but we would need to draft a RB next year so we had better not miss this year. the RBs in FA this year are running out of time. Lynch is still fairly young but he won't play second fiddle in BUF.

This makes it interesting...

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Latest/marsha...tosunny-sd.html

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports that the Buffalo Bills probably will try to trade running back Marshawn Lynch. He has the talent to be a heavy-duty NFL running back, but his problems with the law and attitude are heavy baggage. One reason he didn’t do much last season was that he never was in top shape after starting the season on the suspended list. San Diego needs a running back. LaDainian Tomlinson is likely to be released and Darren Sproles will be playing on a one-year contract as a franchise player in 2010. The best running back in the 2010 college draft is C.J. Spiller (Clemson), who will be selected before San Diego’s No. 28 overall pick. The Chargers might consider Lynch a better bet than Jahvid Best (California), Jonathan Dwyer (Georgia Tech), Toby Gerhart (Stanford) or any other running back in the draft.

Mancini’s Take: If the Lightening Bolts are able to secure the troubled Lynch with a fourth-round pick, I would jump all over it. Keep in mind that the Oakland native will only be 24 at the start of the season and may just need a change of scenery to get the most out of his God-given ability. For all his past transgressions, you could see why Lynch might not have been motivated to play in NFL Siberia last year. Years of losing and hopelessness sometimes sap the energy out of players. We’ve seen this happen with Corey Dillon who took his game up a few notches after escaping Cincinnati and reemerging as a New England Patriot years ago. But unlike Dillon, Lynch hasn’t even reached his prime yet. If you could overlook his deplorable attitude off the field (as difficult as that may be), the power back is a battering ram that lowers his shoulder and runs through contact. In addition, he adds an element of speed and quickness that Tomlinson can no longer provide. You have to love the way the former first round pick runs low to the ground, as well as his explosive leg drive. There’s no doubt in my mind that Lynch could put up big numbers on a Super Bowl contender, surrounded by the likes of Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, and company. Investing a lower pick will allow GM A.J. Smith to take the best athlete available rather than forcing him to draft Tomlinson’s successor in the first round.

What do we need Cromartie for? We have McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner, Lankster, Youboty, and Harris. No more CB's. If we could get a 2nd for Lynch I would likely do the deal. Anything less then no. I wouldn't give up Lynch and our 2nd to move back into the 1st at #28. I still think Lynch will get things turned around, on and off the field, and be our RB for the next 4-6 years.

The market for a RB that has fallen out of favor is a couple of thirds and a later round pick judging from what we got for McGahee. Sounds like we wouldn't be getting fair value by swapping the Chargers 1st for our 2nd. As far as that article saying SD could get Marshawn for a 4th, give me a break. Not even worth discussing that stupidity.

The market for a RB that has fallen out of favor is a couple of thirds and a later round pick judging from what we got for McGahee. Sounds like we wouldn't be getting fair value by swapping the Chargers 1st for our 2nd. As far as that article saying SD could get Marshawn for a 4th, give me a break. Not even worth discussing that stupidity.

You'd have to live in Rochester and know the writer. Rochester D&C actually pays him more if his idea is lamer than Bob Matthews'. :devil:

Would you trade Marshawn and our 2nd for SD's 1st?

and

Do you think they would actually take it?

Most teams frown from pursuing another team's troubled player! San Diego historically has been very good at aquiring free agents and especiallly drafting! San Diego can easily turn a 1st rounder into a pro bowl caliber player and has done it numerous times and more often than most teams. I don't see why S.D. would part with their 1st rounder...if they wanted to pursue a 1st round RB you are talking a fresh set of legs and with the average career of a running back in the NFL lasting only 4-5 years M. Lynch has probably less than 50% treadware left. M. Lynch plays more a bruising type of game as well instead of being more elusive like F. Jackson likely reducing his shelf life even further !!! Don't get me wrong I would love to see that trade materialize, but thinking in executive like fashion I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this trade to occur.

and who would replace Lynch? Jackson is near 30 years old, he has a few good years left.

The guy who I like who we could sign for cheap is FB Justin Griffith, formerly of Seattle, Oakland, and Atlanta. He's a converted TB who when given the opportunity has run the ball very well. Plus he's a very good receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/players/justingriffith/...le?id=GRI440073