Livin in the past, MAN...

Ya know, one of the biggest P.I.A.'s about being a Bills fan these days is you either have the fan of another team that states the obvious: "You guys suck, HA HA HA..." or the guy who tries to patronize and states the obvious: "Gosh, if you guys only had a quarterback...".

But I'm beginning to really hate one thing more than those guys. Being that when I go to my dads to chill and watch the game, go to a game, go to the sports-bar to watch the game with a fellow Bills fan: "Gosh, I remember back in the 90's..." or "Boy, how could that have been a forward pass in that playoff game" and the very-tiring "Greatest comeback in NFL history". And don't forget "BILLS stands for Boy I Love Losing Superbowls-he hee he he hee".

This is really what is paining me about being a Bills fan now-a-days. I mean, I'm so sick of hearing ALL of the above! I'm tired of hearing about the comeback game. Tired about hearing about the teams of the 1990's, the Oiler wildcard game, the Music City Miracle, and anything about the past of the Bills. Yes, I get it. The team is a joke. But do I really have to live 20 years ago in the past? Those years were terrific. But god all mighty, give me something to cheer about today!

I cannot listen to anymore "memories" about this team. RW and RB and CG need to give me something to cheer about NOW. If there is a replay of a Bills SB or the comeback game, or youtube highlights with Kelly, Marv, Bruce, Thurman, etc., can we just burn it all. Its getting so stale that its not even funny.

For example, on WGR during football season, Thurman comes on and pretty much starts every single sentence with "Well, back when I played..." or, "Back in 1993...". I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! EITHER START WINNING OR LEAVE, PLEASE!

Ya know, one of the biggest P.I.A.'s about being a Bills fan these days is you either have the fan of another team that states the obvious: "You guys suck, HA HA HA..." or the guy who tries to patronize and states the obvious: "Gosh, if you guys only had a quarterback...".

But I'm beginning to really hate one thing more than those guys. Being that when I go to my dads to chill and watch the game, go to a game, go to the sports-bar to watch the game with a fellow Bills fan: "Gosh, I remember back in the 90's..." or "Boy, how could that have been a forward pass in that playoff game" and the very-tiring "Greatest comeback in NFL history". And don't forget "BILLS stands for Boy I Love Losing Superbowls-he hee he he hee".

This is really what is paining me about being a Bills fan now-a-days. I mean, I'm so sick of hearing ALL of the above! I'm tired of hearing about the comeback game. Tired about hearing about the teams of the 1990's, the Oiler wildcard game, the Music City Miracle, and anything about the past of the Bills. Yes, I get it. The team is a joke. But do I really have to live 20 years ago in the past? Those years were terrific. But god all mighty, give me something to cheer about today!

I cannot listen to anymore "memories" about this team. RW and RB and CG need to give me something to cheer about NOW. If there is a replay of a Bills SB or the comeback game, or youtube highlights with Kelly, Marv, Bruce, Thurman, etc., can we just burn it all. Its getting so stale that its not even funny.

For example, on WGR during football season, Thurman comes on and pretty much starts every single sentence with "Well, back when I played..." or, "Back in 1993...". I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! EITHER START WINNING OR LEAVE, PLEASE!

I don't want to discourage you but the reality is that the Bills are a long way from winning. It is going to be years before they can be considered a serious team. When you have a very flawed ownership, organization and team it is going to take a long time to get things right.

I believe that Buddy Nix knows how to rebuild a franchise. When he brought in Whaley from the Steelers that told me that he had a plan to invigorate the front office and put people in place who know how to evaluate talent. Nix's background is scouting. That experience is what this hollow organization desperately needs more than anything else. Instead of just tabulating wins you would be better off being more concerned about how the team is being assembled and developed. If you can't accept the status of this very ridiculed organization then it might be better for you to find another team to root for. If you don't have the patience then you are going to be very frustrated. It is what it is.

For example, on WGR during football season, Thurman comes on and pretty much starts every single sentence with "Well, back wh

en I played..." or, "Back in 1993...". I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! EITHER START WINNING OR LEAVE, PLEASE!

I agree with you (except for the leaving part) but unfortunately when the past is all you have people can't help reminiscing. As a matter of fact while were reminiscing do you remember when Jim ran to the wrong sideline and Thurman,oops I digress. It doesn't take much...lets hope from 2010 on we have something current to talk about.

You're young. Someday, you will have good old days to reminisce about.

You're young. Someday, you will have good old days to reminisce about.

You remember those first 8 games of the 2004 season...I really thought Bledsoe was going to take us to the promised land...

Or crap, remember the September 2008 team? They were the ****, until that damn concussion... or that one season where all we had to do was beat the Steelers third stringers, at home, on the last day of the season, and the playoff drought would have been over? Good times....the last time I thought the Bills had a chance of seriously converting on more than 3 third down plays in a game... :lol:

YO... Dude. What else is there to talk about except for the great Bills teams of the mid sixties and early 90's?

I can hear you now with your son or grandson on your lap someday and telling him about them 2009 Bills....

"Yep son, them Bills beat the Colts the year they lost to the Saints in the Superbowl." "We kicked their asses good, 30-7".

"Them was the days son, when we had TO, Fitzy, Donte, & Marshawn". "If we'd a had a good coach, we'd have won the Superbowl that year."

I'm sure your boy will run through the wall to get a Bills jersey as fast as he can.

My best advice to you is... if you are waiting for a new winning legacy of Bills football, keep yourself on a steady diet of Snickers, cuz it's going to be a while. And, when I say a while, at the rate we're going and without devine intervention, think in terms of 6-8 years at a minimum.