Went to the Sabres/Hurricanes game

NCDAWG

and on the jumbotron, Jim Kelly comes on and says"I love the canes" and the crowd goes crazy...then he says"the Miami hurricanes that is" it was pretty cool. BTW seen several games there, and boy the fans are none too gracious.

and on the jumbotron, Jim Kelly comes on and says"I love the canes" and the crowd goes crazy...then he says"the Miami hurricanes that is" it was pretty cool. BTW seen several games there, and boy the fans are none too gracious.

I bet they still hate us from '06. Sabres fans were as rowdy and abusive as any road fans I've ever seen.

Canes fans are little jerks. I went to a Thrashers game against the Canes here in Atlanta, and they come in with hurricane flags tied to a hockey stick and when they'd wave the stick, they "accidently" hit fans around them. Obviously, ushers had to step in. I have no compassion for Caniacs. They're the most pathetic fans. They had trouble selling out their playoff games when the Sabres played them.

I was there for game 1 in 2006... we butchered entire families, we smashed enough glass that piles of it were edging up to South Carolina. The North Carolina governor, Cletus T. Balderdash declared martial law.

Also, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says... and the south is still very good at embellishing things. They're overly sensitive and they still lost the war and... I guess that one is good for another 150 years.

:nana:

I was there for game 1 in 2006... we butchered entire families, we smashed enough glass that piles of it were edging up to South Carolina. The North Carolina governor, Cletus T. Balderdash declared martial law.

Also, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says... and the south is still very good at embellishing things. They're overly sensitive and they still lost the war and... I guess that one is good for another 150 years.

I went to Games 2 and 7 in NC. 2 was tame, but 7 was very rowdy. Sabre fans were streaming into the lot from about 3pm onward, so everyone was good and liquored up by the time the home team fans showed up at 7.

It was a blast...until the 3d period. :nana:

I went to Games 2 and 7 in NC. 2 was tame, but 7 was very rowdy. Sabre fans were streaming into the lot from about 3pm onward, so everyone was good and liquored up by the time the home team fans showed up at 7.

It was a blast...until the 3d period. :nana:

Only went to game one... it was a lot of fun. When we entered the lane that leads to the one large parking lot (this was the parking lot where if you exited the other direction, it came out to the one road that had the "Damon's" across the street)... it looked like a Bills tailgate, except it was Sabres... was nuts. Next to the 51-3 demolition of the Raiders, this ranks 2nd as the best sporting event I attended.

They show that everytime the Sabres play in Raliegh. My guess is that it was filmed when the Hurricanes were playing the Pens or some such. Either way, so what.

What always makes me wonder is how much resentment fan there have over that ECF series. It's sort of taken on mythical proportions. I go to lots of Canes games (my dad is a STH) and it's like night and day the treatment I get depending on the jersey I wear. The Sabres are the number one enemy there, which is strange because I don't even think Sabres fans rank the Canes anywhere near the top of thier hate list. For a series the Canes won! About the only negative thing I can say is that for a bunch of folks who resent being called "NASCAR central, or Redneck Hockey fans" they sure don't mind ripping the City of Buffalo to shreds, which I would wager not more than about 2% of em have even been there to find out.

Most of em are pretty cool, but there's always a few in EVERY crowd. I would guess that probably 80% of the Sabres (and Pens, Flyers, etc) fans that come to the games there live in the area, and lots of em probably have on Canes gear the rest of the time. Like anything, it takes time to build a homegrown fanbase.

Out of all the Sabres games I've been to in Raleigh, I've heard "Hillbilly Hockey" the most, which makes the majority of "Caniacs" completely incredible (not amazing but not credible) as hockey fans. My brother and I went to a regular season meeting in either 05' or 06', I think it was Grier going down to block a shot and this kid behind me stand up and yells "Whut chu slidin' a round for out there this aint base ball" :unsure: And you've got to love 9+ dollar beers!

I could see why the Canes still hate us, I was there for Game 5 back in 2006 and it really was a crazy atmosphere. Buffalo fans were loud and proud(and for the most part heavily intoxicated), you could just see the resentment in the Carolina fans eyes. Its hard to explain unless you were really there, but you could just sense the hatred they had for us. From a Sabre's fans perspective it might have been the best sporting atmosphere I've ever personally been at.

Did they hand out 'fan behavior' cards again for this game? :bag:

No. I have been twice once this year and once in 2006. Both times noticed really bad fan behavior. I was nice to see the sabres fans tailgating, and yelling "GO SABRES" with them.

This was the first Sabres-Hurricanes game in Carolina that I have missed since the lockout. I was at the 2006 playoff games, and while I did witness some poor fan behavior from Sabres fans, I also saw Canes fans responding in kind. I think Canes fans are way too thin skinned when it comes to opposing fans and the tall tales of Sabres fans tearing down the RBC center in 2006 have gotten way out of control. I don't hear constant whining and complaining from Sabres fans when drunk Leaf fans invade HSBC every year.