Whitner just signed with Condon

Dawgg

Really?? He was replaced by Wilson. He was not a rookie last year. He was benched.

Yet he is still "our best SS"?

You know that he was injured, right?

I hear a lot of talk about being a "playmaker" around here.

I hate doing this, because you wrote so much and seem very excited about this, but no one called him a playmaker. That was a reference to George Wilson.

You know that he was injured, right?

I hate doing this, because you wrote so much and seem very excited about this, but no one called him a playmaker. That was a reference to George Wilson.

He was injured in the middle of the season, right?

With Byrd at FS, they went with Scott at SS. When Scott went to LB, Wilson went to SS.

He was injured in the middle of the season, right?

With Byrd at FS, they went with Scott at SS. When Scott went to LB, Wilson went to SS.

He got injured in the 3rd game of the season, the Saints' game (where Brees had his worst game of the season). At that point, he had 23 tackles (7.6 tackles a game, which equates to 123 for a full season), 2 passes defended, 1 INT, and 1 td. http://www.nfl.com/players/dontewhitner/ga...gs?id=WHI720119 He tried to come back for the Jets game and wasn't fully heathly & missed more time.

Whitner is 24 years old. He is a good player who is completely trashed for the wrong reasons. He is a leader and loves being a Bill. You trade him because we have good depth and if the trade makes us better. But you don't trade him for the petty, dumb reasons a lot of posters have here. Honestly, part of me hopes he gets traded and gets to show his talent for a fanbase that apperciates him.

He got injured in the 3rd game of the season, the Saints' game (where Brees had his worst game of the season). At that point, he had 23 tackles (7.6 tackles a game, which equates to 123 for a full season), 2 passes defended, 1 INT, and 1 td. http://www.nfl.com/players/dontewhitner/ga...gs?id=WHI720119 He tried to come back for the Jets game and wasn't fully heathly & missed more time.

Whitner is 24 years old. He is a good player who is completely trashed for the wrong reasons. He is a leader and loves being a Bill. You trade him because we have good depth and if the trade makes us better. But you don't trade him for the petty, dumb reasons a lot of posters have here. Honestly, part of me hopes he gets traded and gets to show his talent for a fanbase that apperciates him.

Yeah and he missed the basically the middle of the season. He was back by Jax and started only 4 of the last 7 games---not because of injury.

You trade him because you believe he is less valuable than does another team will trade for him. That's how trades work.

Yeah and he missed the basically the middle of the season. He was back by Jax and started only 4 of the last 7 games---not because of injury.

You trade him because you believe he is less valuable than does another team will trade for him. That's how trades work.

No, the injury was nagging throughout the season... what is your point anyways? Whitner has been a solid leader and a more than capable player. Please explain why you think he has little value. Because of where he was drafted? Because a below average head coach decided to start Wilson in meaningless games so as to not risk further injury to Donte? Or, because you wanted Ngata. It's okay, you can tell me.

I love the success that Jairus Byrd enjoyed last season and I hope that he is a fixture on this team for years to come...he seems to have good hands and a good attitude. But you have to admit that most of his INTs this season were a case of being in the right place at the right time. Balls were thrown five yards over a receiver's head and Jairus happened to be there. Balls were tipped up into the air, and fell right into his hands. By my count, there were only two or three interceptions out of the nine where I said "That was a nice play". I don't think even one of them was the result of him jumping a route.

I've thought about Byrd's ints as being just lucky but you don't get 9 in a season by luck. Maybe 2. He got more in his first month starting than Whitner has in his 4-year career. Skill tells you how to position yourself to make plays when balls are misthrown but still be in position to make the tackle/breakup if its not. Byrd also had a good number of passes defensed so he is doing exceptionally well positioning himself for both the int and the pass. That makes an elite playmaker...

No, the injury was nagging throughout the season... what is your point anyways? Whitner has been a solid leader and a more than capable player. Please explain why you think he has little value. Because of where he was drafted? Because a below average head coach decided to start Wilson in meaningless games so as to not risk further injury to Donte? Or, because you wanted Ngata. It's okay, you can tell me.

Ok, how about this:

My point is I don't think he has been a "solid leader" (?????) or more than a capable player---a point I can't make it more clear. It is not a minority opinion on this board.

I don't think he has "little value", I was just pointing out the obvious: that you trade a guy when his value to your team has gone below the value another team places on him.

I mean.......you know....come on!

First of all, Whitner wasn't outplayed by a rookie. The plan in drafting Byrd was to have him play free safety (where he was projected to excel as a pro) and Whitner could settle at the spot SS he was drafted to play. Second, Whitner is under contract. Now, maybe he hired Condon to help with an extension or in the event of a trade, have a new contract worked out with a new team. Either way he hired Condon to help with his next contract. If he is looking at a pay raise maybe I explore some trade options, but if he only wants just inside top 10 SS money (where he belongs), keep him and don't create an unneccessary hole. You people who want Scott or Wilson as a full season starter are a bunch of fools. If it didn't mean a step back for the Bills I almost wish you people (oh yeah, I just called you guys "you people" again) would get your wish so you could end up seeing what a bunch of jackasses "you people" are. Look, I'm sorry we didn't draft Ngata instead too, but hopefully that s**t stops this year with some real "football people" running the show.

thank you. This is getting insane. No one says a word when wilson or byrd wiff in run support.