draft options getting clearer

It shouldn't take a Bills fan long to figure out that a move to a 3-4 defense is going to require some shuffling of the present players and some draft choices that would not normally have been thought of before the move to the 3-4.

I feel that Bradford is worthy of a pick at nine and if he is there, you absolutely get him, but Clausen is not and you have too many needs to fill on both lines.

An uncapped year approaches and Buffalo doesn't have the market or the ticket prices to support big named free agents. If our destiny is determined by the draft choices we simply need more than less. It could easily be argued that the success of a player taken with the top twenty choices could be as much a crap shoot as any roll of the dice. The rookies of the year were taken in the teens last year and Byrd, our guy, was taken in the second in a position he didn't play in college.

We need veterans because every team needs to know what to do and where to go when things aren't going your way. If Wood gets healthy and Byrd keeps listening to Thurman on what is was like during the glory days, we have our leaders. Now we just need more players with talent.

Anything besides moving up to get Bradford or getting him at our spot or moving down is foolish and arrogant.

why is bradford worth #9, but clausen in not, just cause you say so?

Very well reasoned response to this thread. Kudos to you for what you've managed to add to this discussion. I mean, you swayed me. No way Bradford at #9. Never has so much been said by saying so little.

This board gets worse everyday. Now it to the point where people are responding to other people's ideas and posts with not even a single counterpoint, just a "Because you say so?"

I think we should consider a board like Sons of Sam Horn, the invite-only Red Sox forum. This board has lost the majority of its value.

Very well reasoned response to this thread. Kudos to you for what you've managed to add to this discussion. I mean, you swayed me. No way Bradford at #9. Never has so much been said by saying so little.

This board gets worse everyday. Now it to the point where people are responding to other people's ideas and posts with not even a single counterpoint, just a "Because you say so?"

I think we should consider a board like Sons of Sam Horn, the invite-only Red Sox forum. This board has lost the majority of its value.

That is basically it. I said so, so that is it. Lay off the criticism during the off season. I agree that most of the board notes aren't good, but I have yet to see some thoughts about moving down or any justification for it.

My personal opinion on Bradford is that he is very accurate, he could handle the pressure of being a first year starter and he is going to be very good for a long time. I don't see that in Clausen.

That is basically it. I said so, so that is it. Lay off the criticism during the off season. I agree that most of the board notes aren't good, but I have yet to see some thoughts about moving down or any justification for it.

My personal opinion on Bradford is that he is very accurate, he could handle the pressure of being a first year starter and he is going to be very good for a long time. I don't see that in Clausen.

If you want a rookie QB, get a big one. There will be a lot of angry millionaires on the field next year...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Plus, the NFL's contract with the networks is guaranteed in '11, whether they play or not - $5 billion. Good night.

Edited by stuckincincy

If neither Bradford or Clausen are there when we pick at 9..I'd be against drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th just b/c we "need a QB"..to me, Brohm has as much potential as any QB after Bradford and Clausen in this year's draft.

I'd be just fine starting the season with Fitzy/Brohm (and Edwards) battling it out while we continue to develope our Oline and new defense.

Risking getting the same question thrown at me I will ask the same.

Could you please explain how you feel that Bradford is accurate but Clausen is not? It seems to me like Clausen was very accurate, played in a pro system, and has the arm that everybody in Buffalo would love.

By the way....I like Bradford to.....I am just wondering what the response on this would be. I dont think it is too much for people to give a little more insite into their personal opinion even though that have the right to it.

Educate the rest of us.....why Bradford over Clausen?

why is bradford worth #9, but clausen in not, just cause you say so?

No Just cause Clausen s--ks !! He's nothing special !! But i don't believe 1st rounders are worth the risk or the money !! The Jets , New England & Miami for all that matters have spent the money in the trenches first and look what there QB's have done , put any one of them behind our line last year and let's see what they do then . The only one that i've seen that has great scrambling skills , decent arm strength , was a winner in college !! (went to a bowl game all 4 yrs I believe ?) and has played in elements that resemble the Ralph is Lefevor out of CMU or possibly McCoy but he'll be gone . We could probably get him in the third round (less money) and focus on the O-line he could learn the system and this year we could see if Edwards or Bromm could do anything with Chan teaching them. We were all thinking 2 yrs ago when we had something that resembled a O-line that Trent was the man (how soon we forget) i think he got some what of a bad rap this year although his durability is in question . But think about it what QB if any could play behind the line we had last year ?? Teams are built from the line play up alla Kent Hull , Wil Wolford , Bruce , Ted Washington, Reuben Brown , Phil Hanson & on & on & on !!!! That's my story & i'm stickin to it !!

Could you please explain how you feel that Bradford is accurate but Clausen is not? It seems to me like Clausen was very accurate, played in a pro system, and has the arm that everybody in Buffalo would love.

By the way....I like Bradford to.....I am just wondering what the response on this would be. I dont think it is too much for people to give a little more insite into their personal opinion even though that have the right to it.

Clausen suffers from Ryan Leaf disease.

too big an ego to fit into his fat golden dome head.

no thanks

It shouldn't take a Bills fan long to figure out that a move to a 3-4 defense is going to require some shuffling of the present players and some draft choices that would not normally have been thought of before the move to the 3-4.

I feel that Bradford is worthy of a pick at nine and if he is there, you absolutely get him, but Clausen is not and you have too many needs to fill on both lines.

An uncapped year approaches and Buffalo doesn't have the market or the ticket prices to support big named free agents. If our destiny is determined by the draft choices we simply need more than less. It could easily be argued that the success of a player taken with the top twenty choices could be as much a crap shoot as any roll of the dice. The rookies of the year were taken in the teens last year and Byrd, our guy, was taken in the second in a position he didn't play in college.

We need veterans because every team needs to know what to do and where to go when things aren't going your way. If Wood gets healthy and Byrd keeps listening to Thurman on what is was like during the glory days, we have our leaders. Now we just need more players with talent.

Anything besides moving up to get Bradford or getting him at our spot or moving down is foolish and arrogant.

Why? Because you said so?? Isn't that a bit arrogant in itself to dictate what they HAVE to do?? What if they stay put and pick another player as good as Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, or Andre Reed? Why it's only been done hundreds of times. Anyways, you nor I have a say in the matter anyways and it's kind of arrogant to think we do. Unless you have millions of dollars wrapped up in this how do you really know what the Bills should or could do for that matter? Yeah, it's fun to speculate, but even if we got a Bradfor who say's that we'll ante up the money to re sign him prior to him hitting the free agent market. All the Bills do is groom players especially Cornerbacks for other teams.

I never said Bradford wasn't worth #9, why don't you learn how to read. I simply was asking for an explanation as to why He thought clausen was not worth 9 but Bradford is worth 9.

I have my reasons why I think Clausen is a better prospect than bradford, but I didn't start the thread now did I.

also, what is your problem, why did you get so worked up, its not your thread.

If I said something like macs are better than PC's, but gave no explanation or reason why, I wouldn't be offended if someone asked for an explanation. Calm Down Junior, we can have a discussion without getting nasty.

So you attack a guy (and the entire board) for asking for an explanation, is that correct? I'm pretty sure you didn't even understand the post. Go right ahead and start your invite only forum, I'll keep an eye out for my invitation.

I was also wondering what the OP liked about Bradford over Clausen. I would be okay with either btw, but I am really hoping for Bulaga or McClain.

If I am not mistaken the teams that made the playoffs are limited as to how many FAs they can sign.

So you attack a guy (and the entire board) for asking for an explanation, is that correct? I'm pretty sure you didn't even understand the post. Go right ahead and start your invite only forum, I'll keep an eye out for my invitation.

I think alcohol might be involved,so one must forgive. Iknow I'm currentlyusing it. :thumbsup:

Everything I have read says he has great accuracy.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreportjclausen.php