The Propsed $5K tax credit

jjamie12

The Senate jobs bill includes a $13 billion plan to offer companies a one-year holiday from the Social Security tax for each person they hire who has been jobless for at least 60 days. The plan would save or create as many as 234,000 jobs, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Oh, and by the way, a 7.6% rebate for one year isn't going to spur any jobs either, but thanks for more bullsh-- stats Obama.

Not only that..."the plan would save or create as many as..."

Now, if you're proposing a 1-year SSI holiday for people who've been UNEMPLOYED for 60 days...how in the !@#$ is that SAVING any jobs? ;):D

I don't know about "dumbest administration ever"...but they sure do have a phenomenal lack of understanding of business and finance. Companies don't hire because the government pays them to (even if indirectly), companies hire because there's a business need for a larger workforce. Will someone PLEASE inform the federal government of that fact already?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that..."the plan would save or create as many as..."

Now, if you're proposing a 1-year SSI holiday for people who've been UNEMPLOYED for 60 days...how in the !@#$ is that SAVING any jobs? ;):D

I don't know about "dumbest administration ever"...but they sure do have a phenomenal lack of understanding of business and finance. Companies don't hire because the government pays them to (even if indirectly), companies hire because there's a business need for a larger workforce. Will someone PLEASE inform the federal government of that fact already?

"We'd love to hire you because you're the most qualified but you've only been jobless for 26 days and this other guy is at 61..."

!@#$ing retards.

Haven't waded into the bill, but how does it address a loophole of a company firing an employee and hiring an unemployed one to save the tax?

There is not a loophole, but rather a second-tier credit, because according to this business-smart administration, if you fire an employee and then hire them to save the tax, you simultaneously saved AND created a job. So they'll give you two $5000 credits, but they get to count the job twice.

See, we're in Italy. The guy on the top bunk has gotta make the guy on bottom's bunk... he's gotta make his bunk all the time. See it's in the regulations. See, if we were in Germany I would have to make yours, but we're in Italy and you gotta make mine. It's regulations.