• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

james carr

terry reid

otis redding

bob dylan

i get made fun of for the dylan thing, but I mean it. his voice is pure affectation that perfectly suits his material. Go back and listen to an album like "desire." amazing vocal performance...a lot of heart and pain in that voice

Dylan also sings "Lay Lady Lay" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dvOKrFbLmw

Phil Lesh and Keith Moon.

Honorable mentions for Geddy Lee and Neil Young.

I know I was the one in the XTC "debate" saying that music is subjective, but Phil Lesh...no really Phil Lesh??

Hmmm, also Getty Lee and Neil Young? So Simon I take it you're deaf. :(

Keith Moon as a singer???? :(

At the end of "Happy Jack," Townsend can be heard saying, "I saw ya," after Moon is spotted sneaking into the control room from which he was banned due to his distracting vocals.

At the end of "Happy Jack," Townsend can be heard saying, "I saw ya," after Moon is spotted sneaking into the control room from which he was banned due to his distracting vocals.

Strangely, I own "Two sides of the Moon", a Keith Moon solo album. It has a funky reversible insert that allows the LP cover to exhibit either Keith's face or his ass, depending on your mood I suppose...either way, it contains some pretty god-awful singing. :(

--------------

Robin Trower Band +!

I don't know if Ian Anderson would be considered a household name or Leslie West

Not a huge fan of the band but...Geoff Tate is pretty good...Bruce Dickinson too.

How about, with a shoutout to Astrojanitor:

Lindsey Buckingham/Stevie Nicks

Phil Oakey

Bernard Sumner

Colin Newman

Cy Curnin

Curt Smith

Pixies fan, eh?

If you haven't already, you should check out some of the stuff Francis (or Frank Black as he later became known) did after the Pixies broke up. His vocal talents are displayed even more prominently...music isn't quite as good, unfortunately.

I'm the exact opposite opinion of everyone else of the planet when it comes to his solo stuff. maybe it's because I listened to the Pixies to death in high school, but I love the solo albums. They are actually some of my favorite records. Ever.

I have yet to have anyone agree with me on this, but I'll put Teenager of the Year, Bluefinger, Dog in the Sand and Black Letter Days up against anything the Pixies did. And I am borderline obsessed with the Pixies.