Is there something about Rochester...

Arkady Renko

Since moving to Rochester a couple of years ago, I have noticed that people seem to love running red lights here. You have to treat newly green lights like all way stops unless you want to get nailed by someone who must have a life or death emergency that requires him not to be a minute more late.

Here's an example: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...206007/1168/RSS

The guy was a rear passenger. That should tell you how blatant this red light running was.

Since moving to Rochester a couple of years ago, I have noticed that people seem to love running red lights here. You have to treat newly green lights like all way stops unless you want to get nailed by someone who must have a life or death emergency that requires him not to be a minute more late.

Here's an example: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...206007/1168/RSS

The guy was a rear passenger. That should tell you how blatant this red light running was.

No red light camera is the reason.

Put them up and you would see a dramatic change in the number of people running red lights.

Wont happen tho... Our current mayor is against them, not sure why. (that is not a slam against Duffy - I'm just saying that he is against it - the reasons might be valid, not know0

Put them up and you would see a dramatic change in the number of people running red lights.

Wont happen tho... Our current mayor is against them, not sure why. (that is not a slam against Duffy - I'm just saying that he is against it - the reasons might be valid, not know0

He must like to run red lights too!

I see red light cameras on Portland on the way to the public market on Saturday's. Also I heard one of the city councilman talking about it on the radio. Said he was totally against the idea but was told to stand by a red light for a day. After half an hour he changed his mind because of all the red lights he saw being run. Also the tickets are more like parking tickets, the points don't go on your license, you just get fined

I see red light cameras on Portland on the way to the public market on Saturday's.

Does it have a blue light on top of it? Probably just one of the RPD surveillance cameras that have been around for a few years.

They just approved the red light cameras and aren't supposed to have them installed until the spring, unless they are ahead of schedule.