Dungy Says Super Bowl Won't Be Close

DPR4444

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/200...tory?id=4889508

"......... Dungy, speaking to The New York Times in Miami, said the Saints won't be able to do enough to force the Colts into needing a final, last-minute drive to win the Super Bowl.

"I think they're going to be so far ahead that people are going to say, 'Oh, ho-hum, he played a good game, they won by two scores, the Colts won their second championship,' " Dungy said of Manning on Thursday. "He's going to have those rings Sunday night. I don't think it's going to be close."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/200...tory?id=4889508

"......... Dungy, speaking to The New York Times in Miami, said the Saints won't be able to do enough to force the Colts into needing a final, last-minute drive to win the Super Bowl.

"I think they're going to be so far ahead that people are going to say, 'Oh, ho-hum, he played a good game, they won by two scores, the Colts won their second championship,' " Dungy said of Manning on Thursday. "He's going to have those rings Sunday night. I don't think it's going to be close."

Someone asked him for his prediction and he gave it, that is talking smack? Hypothetically, say the Bills were in the Super Bowl and Marv Levy said that, would that be talking smack to you? Didn't think so.

Minnesota had FIVE turnovers and managed to put up 28 points on the 25th ranked Saints defense. The Saints will not be able to get to Manning in time to stop him and there's no way the Colts have 5 turnovers. Peyton might be able to hang 50 on the pitiful Saints defense. To me the question is: can the Colts slow down the Saints enough to win the points race?

Remind me again, what wins championships?

Someone asked him for his prediction and he gave it, that is talking smack? Hypothetically, say the Bills were in the Super Bowl and Marv Levy said that, would that be talking smack to you? Didn't think so.

No, not at all. Marv is the world's expert at SB blowouts. He watched 3 from the sidelines, so he can spot 'em.

It just seemed out of character for him - he's usually blander than bland. describing it as "talking smack' was an exagerration for humor's sake

Brees hasn't shown that he can play in the big games? Are you kidding me? Did you watch the N.E. game? Enough said! Also, the saints D isn't pathetic. It was one of the better in the league until injuries. They are now healthy ( except Charles Grant ) so don't expect them to be pushovers. I think that Greer and Sharper could have big games. We'll see.

No, not at all. Marv is the world's expert at SB blowouts. He watched 3 from the sidelines, so he can spot 'em.

And he knows that soft defenses that rely on the big plays are likely to get blown out.

I really hope Brees can keep it close, but wouldn't be surprised at all if the Colts romp.

I can see it happening, for either team. I can see the game getting out of hand qucikly, if either defense can stop the other O. It's still a question to be seen.

I disagree. There is no way in hell the Saints can stop the Colt offense from anything they want to do. Whereas, Mr. Brees needs to show me something. He looked less than spectacular against the Vikes. I wonder about him in a big spot.

We'll see, but I like the Colts BIG in this game.

Minnesota had FIVE turnovers and managed to put up 28 points on the 25th ranked Saints defense. The Saints will not be able to get to Manning in time to stop him and there's no way the Colts have 5 turnovers. Peyton might be able to hang 50 on the pitiful Saints defense. To me the question is: can the Colts slow down the Saints enough to win the points race?

Remind me again, what wins championships?

Pitiful Saints Defense????

Are you saying Gregggggg is Pitiful? Dan Snyder thinks so!

I certainly Hope So!

Go COLTS!