The New Bills OL

LaDairis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To add a little on the Butler subject, he is pretty solid, when he's on the field. I would like to see Merideth and Bell focus on a lot of powerlifting and make the RT position a nasty 3 man war in training camp. LT has to be somehow solved in free agency or early in the draft, end of story.

Good question. Why read my posts about Global Warming when you can parrot "scientific experts" like Danny Glover and Prince Charles??

This is supposed to be a FOOTBALL BOARD. My posts are about FOOTBALL (here, politics on that board). If you don't understand, then you are free not to read them...

That's not it! You just throw out a bunch of garbage and tell us we wouldn't understand. Just wondering why you would waste your time? Not saying i'm a football genius but pretty sure you're not!! 7TH ROUNDER OR STREET FA STARTING AT LG OVER LEVITRE!! Of course, all the talent evaluators in the league would be wrong and you right; i got it. Thanks for giving me the option not to read your posts. Don't think i will be!!

"The Bills have every position except LT covered"

Covered in WHAT?

Covered by better players than the post-1st rounders you advocate them taking in the 2010 draft. As I said, it would be silly to bypass a LT in the 1st, hoping the alleged "best pass blocking LT in the draft" is there in the 2nd round. And with other needs, it's not like they can take an OL with every pick. :thumbsup:

BTW, Erik King and Justin Geisinger say hello.

"You REALLY want us to draft a QB at #9 don't you?"

Where did I say that?

I don't think any QB prospect is worth a First this year, much less a top 10.

Lighten up Francis. You seem to have a persecution complex....Well...who knows?...It's really not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Just havin' a little fun with you. You have to admit it is an unusual post. You suggest we draft 2 or 3 o-lineman and start some of them right away. This seems to say you acknowledge the importance of o-line yet you don't think it important enough to use our first round pick on the position. Seems somewhat contradictory. Hence I assumed you were proposing a viable solution that didn't require a first round pick so you could spend it on another position like QB.

If you're not advocating QB in first you must be in that smaller group of people that thinks LB is the key to solving all of our woes. If I got it wrong again. Don't freak out buddy. Who DO you want to spend the #9 pick on???We need LBs no doubt. We need a LT and a QB worse. The real question is which positions do we fill in the draft and which ones in free agency.

At the bare minimum I think we need a LT, QB and LB between FA and the draft. In that order of importance.

Second Round: Charles Brown OLT USC - best pass blocking OLT in the Draft

Third Round: Rodger Saffold OT Indiana (an OLT in college, a perfect ORT for the NFL)

Sixth Round: Sean Allen C East Carolina (steal of the Draft, likely best C prospect in the Draft, and a total whiff so far by the NFL "gurus")

Seventh Round: Brian Simmons OG Oklahoma (OK, so Duke sukks, Brandon Walker got a DUI a week after his undrafted was signed... I watched Duke a lot in 08 and concluded he sukked. I actually thought Walker was pretty decent as a late Round backup interior. And the guy they kept rotating in for both Duke and Brandon, must be some PS1 Freshman... nope, its DL convert Brian Simmons, the best OG on OU in 08 and 09, and the one OG prospect in this Draft who excels at all aspects of being an OG - Draft guru "consensus" - undrafted, maybe even a "try-out" player...

New Bills OL capable of keeping an NFL QB upright for more than 2 seconds per pass play (a HUGE upgrade from last year)

OLT Brown

OLG Simmons

C Allen

ORG winner of Wood, Levitre, and everyone else

ORT Saffold

get real. we have a great young interior who just took their lumps and gained valuable expirance and you want to blow it all up and plug in more rookies,your freaking clueless!

mike mayock said recently that buffalo has the 2 best young guards in the league and you in your infinate wisdom want to f--- that up great idea!

butler will be back and will be our RT.

the only opening will be who we take @ #9 to be our LT for the next 10 years!

Lighten up Francis. You seem to have a persecution complex....Well...who knows?...It's really not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Just havin' a little fun with you. You have to admit it is an unusual post. You suggest we draft 2 or 3 o-lineman and start some of them right away. This seems to say you acknowledge the importance of o-line yet you don't think it important enough to use our first round pick on the position. Seems somewhat contradictory. Hence I assumed you were proposing a viable solution that didn't require a first round pick so you could spend it on another position like QB.

If you're not advocating QB in first you must be in that smaller group of people that thinks LB is the key to solving all of our woes. If I got it wrong again. Don't freak out buddy. Who DO you want to spend the #9 pick on???We need LBs no doubt. We need a LT and a QB worse. The real question is which positions do we fill in the draft and which ones in free agency.

At the bare minimum I think we need a LT, QB and LB between FA and the draft. In that order of importance.

Well said pdaddy, everybody is freaking out about our offensive line overhaul with 2, 3, or 4 draft picks on the OL. We need a QB!!!!! Our line played well enough before everyone got hurt and was shuffled around. Yes we need a LT, but no way should we spend more than 1 draft pick on the OL. We have too many other positions that need an influx of talent ex QB, LB, DL, and WR, especially with a possible switch to a 3-4.

I would like to see the Bills fill a few needs before the Draft so that we can take BPA (or QB, then PBA from then on)

Im excited to see what Buddy can put together this draft, and also what Chan can do with this offense. I hope they take Clausen in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd!! Would at least be exciting to watch.

Well said pdaddy, everybody is freaking out about our offensive line overhaul with 2, 3, or 4 draft picks on the OL. We need a QB!!!!! Our line played well enough before everyone got hurt and was shuffled around. Yes we need a LT, but no way should we spend more than 1 draft pick on the OL. We have too many other positions that need an influx of talent ex QB, LB, DL, and WR, especially with a possible switch to a 3-4.

I would like to see the Bills fill a few needs before the Draft so that we can take BPA (or QB, then PBA from then on)

Im excited to see what Buddy can put together this draft, and also what Chan can do with this offense. I hope they take Clausen in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd!! Would at least be exciting to watch.

In a way it is very tough to tell what the hell it is we actually have. Injuries have DECIMATED this team for about the last 3 years or so. How do we evaluate players that are on IR or have played minimal roles because the previous administration had veteran man love? A lot of people like to give up SO easily on a player that hasn't really been given time to develop.

I know it's not a popular name but James Hardy is a physical specimen at the WR position. 6' 6", 220 4.5 speed. He sat out over a year with a knee he was rehabbing. He has hopefully learned some good things from TO and paid attention in the film and meeting rooms. We still have Steve Johnson who looked like he was developing faster than Hardy at the time. Both of these guys are entering their all important 3rd year as WRs. Throw in 6' 5" 240+ Shawn Nelson at TE with 4.5 speed and we could have a VERY serviceable group with Lee Evans working the outside. On paper these guys could fill all of our holes at WR/TE and they may actually be given a REAL chance to contribute this year. Bye bye Josh Reed.

Figure out the DC. Figure out if we stick with 4-3 tampa crap, move to a 3-4 or go hybrid like the Saints and give either look when it is appropriate. This will determine the priority at LB and possibly NT. After that we need to figure out who makes more sense to get in free agency. Definitely 1 starting caliber LB regardless of defensive scheme. Possibly a big fat bastard NT to plug the middle. Possibly a QB that lets us go LT at #9 or visa versa. Where is the value and good talent in the free agent market? Make the best of that ...fill in the rest at the draft.

In a way it is very tough to tell what the hell it is we actually have. Injuries have DECIMATED this team for about the last 3 years or so. How do we evaluate players that are on IR or have played minimal roles because the previous administration had veteran man love? A lot of people like to give up SO easily on a player that hasn't really been given time to develop.

I know it's not a popular name but James Hardy is a physical specimen at the WR position. 6' 6", 220 4.5 speed. He sat out over a year with a knee he was rehabbing. He has hopefully learned some good things from TO and paid attention in the film and meeting rooms. We still have Steve Johnson who looked like he was developing faster than Hardy at the time. Both of these guys are entering their all important 3rd year as WRs. Throw in 6' 5" 240+ Shawn Nelson at TE with 4.5 speed and we could have a VERY serviceable group with Lee Evans working the outside. On paper these guys could fill all of our holes at WR/TE and they may actually be given a REAL chance to contribute this year. Bye bye Josh Reed.

Figure out the DC. Figure out if we stick with 4-3 tampa crap, move to a 3-4 or go hybrid like the Saints and give either look when it is appropriate. This will determine the priority at LB and possibly NT. After that we need to figure out who makes more sense to get in free agency. Definitely 1 starting caliber LB regardless of defensive scheme. Possibly a big fat bastard NT to plug the middle. Possibly a QB that lets us go LT at #9 or visa versa. Where is the value and good talent in the free agent market? Make the best of that ...fill in the rest at the draft.

Couldn't have said it better! IMHO, i personally don't like the QB draft class and feel we might have to find one either through trade or FA. Kolb or Vick(hope not) could be options but i would like to see us get Campbell. I believe Kolb would cost too much and well lets just say i'd perfer not to get Vick! I think we could get Campbell for 3rd or maybe less and i still like his upside. From there we obviously need to get a LT in the 1st two rounds. Like you said, not even sure what D we're running so not sure what positions will need to be filled there!

Covered by better players than the post-1st rounders you advocate them taking in the 2010 draft. As I said, it would be silly to bypass a LT in the 1st, hoping the alleged "best pass blocking LT in the draft" is there in the 2nd round. And with other needs, it's not like they can take an OL with every pick. ;)

BTW, Erik King and Justin Geisinger say hello.

Just imagine what you would have said if I had panned Robert Gallery in 2004 - which I did on my site.

Justin was a 6th round position switch who found a home at C with Wash until his knee gave out. Justin, like King in Round 5, was about the best value that year from Round 6.

You understand nothing about the Draft, except how to parrot. You have absolutely no idea how to assess an OL. Indeed, freeing up the #9 if someone were willing to trade up could really at a lot more than just a completely rebuilt offensive line.

If you think you can't find great OLs from the undrafted column, then clearly the Colts can't be in the Super Bowl, because their $20 mil OLG Ryan Lilja was undrafted, even after I was "wrong" on my site to assign him a 4th round grade.

BIG=GOOD + parroting of gurus - that's all you'll ever "understand" about football.

get real. we have a great young interior who just took their lumps and gained valuable expirance and you want to blow it all up and plug in more rookies,your freaking clueless!

mike mayock said recently that buffalo has the 2 best young guards in the league and you in your infinate wisdom want to f--- that up great idea!

And there you have it. Mayock said it. And you parroted. And you are CERTAIN that because your birdbrain parroted it, it must be right...

Have a cracker on me, POLLY.

Wood was borderline OK before his leg snapped. Levitre sucks and will never amount to SH## in the NFL. The sooner the Bills upgrade him and the Panther reject at C, the sooner the Bills can have something other than disaster from the QB position.

"You suggest we draft 2 or 3 o-lineman and start some of them right away. This seems to say you acknowledge the importance of o-line yet you don't think it important enough to use our first round pick on the position."

The DRAFT is not about ... well, our greatest need is punter, so we should spend our first rounder on a punter.

The DRAFT is about VALUE. I don't see Bulaga or Davis or Campbell or Trent Williams as a "value" at 9, not even close. I'm not that sold on Okung either, although he is the most "NFL ready" of the prospects.

"We need an OLT so we must part with #9 for one."

HOW ABOUT THIS....

"WE need a pass rusher, so let's waste our First on Aaron Maybin..."

;)

New Bills OL capable of keeping an NFL QB upright for more than 2 seconds per pass play (a HUGE upgrade from last year)

OLT Brown

OLG Simmons

C Allen

ORG winner of Wood, Levitre, and everyone else

ORT Saffold

Pardon me for not being excited, as I am still miffed at the way we released our entire O-line last year.

Last year was supposed to be the building year, now its this year.

Ugh. God I hope this ends someday.

You want to start 4 rookies and 1 second year player on the OL this year? I'm pretty sure whoever starts at QB will be on IR by the 2nd quarter of week one. Hangartner had a decent year at center and Levitre and Wood both played well as rookies. Butler should have a chance to compete for ORT with whom ever the Bills bring in. The key is going to be a competent OLT, probably at #9.

We need to cut everyone on our team and carry only offensive linemen on our roster ;)

Just imagine what you would have said if I had panned Robert Gallery in 2004 - which I did on my site.

Justin was a 6th round position switch who found a home at C with Wash until his knee gave out. Justin, like King in Round 5, was about the best value that year from Round 6.

You understand nothing about the Draft, except how to parrot. You have absolutely no idea how to assess an OL. Indeed, freeing up the #9 if someone were willing to trade up could really at a lot more than just a completely rebuilt offensive line.

If you think you can't find great OLs from the undrafted column, then clearly the Colts can't be in the Super Bowl, because their $20 mil OLG Ryan Lilja was undrafted, even after I was "wrong" on my site to assign him a 4th round grade.

BIG=GOOD + parroting of gurus - that's all you'll ever "understand" about football.

Where's your site? I'd love to keep track of your picks.

Someone with a brain in this discussion