Leading Bid for Rams from Toronto

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never support the Bills if they leave WNY, and that includes Toronto.

The difference is this B.S about "still being in the same region" and "it's still our team" if they go to Toronto. I don't want ANY out for ESPN and co. to spin it positive because that would make it even worse.

I can almost hear the morons on ESPN going "well ya know it's just an hour away.... The Patriots play an hour from Boston..... so it's no big deal, really..."

I don't even want to hear that because I'm tasting puke just thinking about it.

Hopefully IF the Bills ever left they would be forced to change their name. I don't even want to hear ANY positive PR spin. The SOB who tears this team from WNY where it belongs deserves a vilification that would make Modell look like a hero in comparison.

If I were Goddel / parties interested in making more cash for the NFL while expanding into Canada, my strategy would be as follows.

Facilitate a deal to get Buffalo to LA. LA doesnt support the NFL all that well, but that is why I would want the stadium in the godforsaken inland empire. Ie city of industry. The LA tv market pays the league off huge and the local team can find more than enough fan support from an inland empire that doesnt have as much going on as LA and will more than likely dedicate time and money to filling seats.

Then I would wait a couple of years, and move a team to Toronto. For a team to suceed in Toronto, especially in the begining, they will need support from old nfl fans in Buffalo. It doesnt take a genius to realize that the nfl would have a nightmare on its hands and struggle to get such support if they moved the Bills across the border. But take away nfl football completely, then reintroduce a 'new' team, and a lot of people will likely support them. For those of you who doubt many in Buffalo would support the new team after being starved, you're likely dilluding yourself, but regardless it's easy to see how the nfl could believe this would work.

I always figured the team in this double switch would be the Jags, but this Rams development...if it pans out...fits well enough.

New ownership won't likely come into STL and immediately move the team, but it isnt hard to imagine their being willing to play along for a year or two to get nfl backing for a move that will get them to a far more valuable market.

Having lived in STL I think if Goddell and crew wanted to do this double switch, the Jags would be a better team to do it with as STL does support that team well. And moving STL would be walking away from a solid nfl market, while remaining in an incredibly weak one in jacksonville. But i could see Goddell and crew deciding that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I guess this is just scary food for thought.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious.

Um, the Coliseum? The Rose Bowl? 90,000 plus seats in each?

It isn't that LA doesn't have stadia, it's the NFL's persistent insistence on a brand-new one with all the modern bells & whistles (and loads of mega $ private boxes) that has constantly road blocked a move here.

Yeah----so there is no stadium in LA. Are you serious??

Teams have left cities they occupied for decades because they couldn't get modern stadiums built.

The coliseum and Rose Bowl are dumpy old craters which have zero income value for any NFL owner.