Frank Reich is an alien

so claims Saturday Night Live. Anyone else feel too lazy to leave the house and see this tonight? No clips up yet, but an alien attacks Frank Reich, as played by Don Draper from "Mad Men." The next scene is Reich having been turned into said alien with large dinosaur-esque tail.

Mildly funny but suitably weird.

so claims Saturday Night Live. Anyone else feel too lazy to leave the house and see this tonight? No clips up yet, but an alien attacks Frank Reich, as played by Don Draper from "Mad Men." The next scene is Reich having been turned into said alien with large dinosaur-esque tail.

I thought it was pretty funny to be honest. But very weird.

For the record I wasn't to lazy to leave the house the 1 degree temperature and -10 windchill deterred me from bar hopping.

Frank Reich was SNL'd? Of all people?

I agree. So he's turned into a dinosaur and then what happens?

I agree. So he's turned into a dinosaur and then what happens?

I'm sure the clip will be up somewhere tomorrow, but for my fellow insomniacs....

The gimmick of the sketch was a sports talk television show featuring a former running back (Keenan Thompson) and an alien (played by Bill Hader). The hook is the one guy refuses to admit the other is an alien even though he does increasingly alien things (like scream and attack the camera). They throw to a field interview between the alien and Frank Reich (who is apparently the QB coach for the Colts, who knew?). Reich (aka Don Draper from Mad men) says some generic sports guy thing and gets attacked by the alien. Cut to Reich in the studio looking exactly like the alien. At one point they both have dinosaur tails. A viewer calls in and points out Frank Reich is now an alien. Aliens learn to spawn. Soon there are like 12 of them and wackiness ensues. Oddly enough a weaker moment in a genuinely funny episode (shocking knowing the deeps lows of SNL this season) but certainly surreal to us Bills nerds.

I'm sure the clip will be up somewhere tomorrow, but for my fellow insomniacs....

The gimmick of the sketch was a sports talk television show featuring a former running back (Keenan Thompson) and an alien (played by Bill Hader). The hook is the one guy refuses to admit the other is an alien even though he does increasingly alien things (like scream and attack the camera). They throw to a field interview between the alien and Frank Reich (who is apparently the QB coach for the Colts, who knew?). Reich (aka Don Draper from Mad men) says some generic sports guy thing and gets attacked by the alien. Cut to Reich in the studio looking exactly like the alien. At one point they both have dinosaur tails. A viewer calls in and points out Frank Reich is now an alien. Aliens learn to spawn. Soon there are like 12 of them and wackiness ensues. Oddly enough a weaker moment in a genuinely funny episode (shocking knowing the deeps lows of SNL this season) but certainly surreal to us Bills nerds.

I wonder why they chose Frank Reich of all people? Maybe somebody on staff is a former Oilers fan?

Surreal for sure. I did know that Reich was a QB coach, but I couldn't have told you for who........Was the episode with Betty Draper (January Jones) as bad as I've read?

I wonder why they chose Frank Reich of all people? Maybe somebody on staff is a former Oilers fan?

Reverse engineering. Making the part fit the look.

John Hamm, who played Reich in the skit, st times bares a strong resemblence to Reich (certain angles, smile, the hair, facial shape, etc).

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2007_Mad_M...mad_men_007.jpg

So does Scott Bakula

http://www.trekkerstore.com/assets/images/scott_bakula.jpg

Surreal for sure. I did know that Reich was a QB coach, but I couldn't have told you for who........Was the episode with Betty Draper (January Jones) as bad as I've read?

Holy god yes. it was like watching a bad third grade class play (with fart jokes. lots and lots of fart jokes). I do not think I have ever seen a host terrified before, but she was. During her monologue? Visibly shaking. It would be sad if I didn't resent her for wasting my precious tivo space.