Do not draft LT in the first round, we don't need one there.

DarthICE

Here are the teams in the playoffs and also listed are the rounds the LT's for those teams have been drafted...

Indy 6th round pick

NO 4th Round pick

Jets 1st round

Vikings 1st Round

Eagles Undrafted FA TE

Cowboys 2nd Round

Bengals 2nd Round

New England 2nd Round

Baltimore 5th round supplemental draft

Green Bay 2nd round

Arizona 6th Round.

Chargers 2nd round (*)

(*) Was drafted in 06 meaning he was a Nix pick.

If Nix can do it right, we can find a quality LT later on in the draft. IMHO beyond Okung there isn't a guy worth a first round pick.

Time to pick a QB.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the teams in the playoffs and also listed are the rounds the LT's for those teams have been drafted...

Indy 6th round pick

NO 4th Round pick

Jets 1st round

Vikings 1st Round

Eagles Undrafted FA TE

Cowboys 2nd Round

Bengals 2nd Round

New England 2nd Round

Green Bay 2nd round

Arizona 6th Round.

Chargers 2nd round (*)

If Nix can do it right, we can find a quality LT later on in the draft. IMHO beyond Okung there isn't a guy worth a first round pick.

Time to pick a QB.

When the Bills draft a LT in the first round you are going to have a breakdown. Or just maybe you'll have a blogger's rage and spew hateful comments about Buddy Nix and his redneck scouts? Be mellow and accept the probability that the Bills are going to first address the OL and then move on to other needs. It might not be sexy but in the long run it is the right thing to do.

Draft big, nasty, vicious linemen. Start with Bryan Bulaga. Come back and draft Adam Ulatoski in round 5 or 6. Then watch your QB magically improve.

The Senator is right - linemen - I don't care if someone else can get away with a 6th round tackle. We've tried late rounders for years and Chambers just isn't cutting it!

The Senator is right - linemen - I don't care if someone else can get away with a 6th round tackle. We've tried late rounders for years and Chambers just isn't cutting it!

In fact - while we are at it - why don't we trade up - and get that DT from Nebraska -Suh?- he will be a game changer. Have the Bills ever traded UP?

Indy 6th round pick

NO 4th Round pick

Jets 1st round

Vikings 1st Round

Eagles Undrafted FA TE

Cowboys 2nd Round

Bengals 2nd Round

New England 2nd Round

Green Bay 2nd round

Arizona 6th Round.

Chargers 2nd round (*)

Time to pick a QB.

wait , davis and buluga are not first rounders ? this is a weak qb class

Indy 6th round pick

NO 4th Round pick

Jets 1st round

Vikings 1st Round

Eagles Undrafted FA TE

Cowboys 2nd Round

Bengals 2nd Round

New England 2nd Round

Green Bay 2nd round

Arizona 6th Round.

Chargers 2nd round (*)

Time to pick a QB.

most mock draft have 4-6 tackles going in the first round. I be both qb's fall out of the top 10

Indy 6th round pick

NO 4th Round pick

Jets 1st round

Vikings 1st Round

Eagles Undrafted FA TE

Cowboys 2nd Round

Bengals 2nd Round

New England 2nd Round

Green Bay 2nd round

Arizona 6th Round.

Chargers 2nd round (*)

Time to pick a QB.

why waste a pick on qb just to take a qb. If we hit on the a good left tackle the rest of the o line could fall in to place nicely

One name for ya fella's....Ciron Black: OT, LSU. 6'4" 318lbs. 53 game starter, 40 straight @ LT. Graded out at 85% or better all 12 games this year. I have no Idea why they got this kid going in rd 3-4...Oh, and from what I read about the Sr. bowl, he man handled Terrence Cody when they moved him inside ofr a few snaps... :)

There could be 7 OT's taken in the first round (some think that Iupati can play OT, even though he was a G at Boise St.):

Russell Okung

Brian Bulaga

Anthony Davis

Trent Williams

Bruce Campbell

Vladimir Ducasse

Mike Iupati

That's nearly a quarter of the first round. Clearly a strength of this draft and something the Bills need to take advantage of.

I'm all for taking Bradford or Clausen if either is available at #9. That would be my top priority. However if I was Buddy Nix my next move would be to go up with a 2 and a 3 (what they gave up to trade up for McCargo) and get an OT. In fact I would make that move even if one was already taken with the first pick. Davis scares me a bit with some maturity issues and Campbell with his lack of experience, but the Bills really need to come away with at least one on this list.

One name for ya fella's....Ciron Black: OT, LSU. 6'4" 318lbs. 53 game starter, 40 straight @ LT. Graded out at 85% or better all 12 games this year. I have no Idea why they got this kid going in rd 3-4...Oh, and from what I read about the Sr. bowl, he man handled Terrence Cody when they moved him inside ofr a few snaps... :)

buddy of mine was talking bout this kid last week and thought we should draft him as our right tackle...

Indy 6th round pick

NO 4th Round pick

Jets 1st round

Vikings 1st Round

Eagles Undrafted FA TE

Cowboys 2nd Round

Bengals 2nd Round

New England 2nd Round

Green Bay 2nd round

Arizona 6th Round.

Chargers 2nd round (*)

Time to pick a QB.

Seriously? You're kidding right? Bulaga or Davis should be there when we pick. I mean, come on! If you want a QB just say you want a QB don't say there won't be some great tackles there for us to draft. *sheesh*

QUOTE (BillyBaroo @ Jan 30 2010, 07:49 PM) *

In fact - while we are at it - why don't we trade up - and get that DT from Nebraska -Suh?- he will be a game changer. Have the Bills ever traded UP?

McCargo, Losman, Wood, Poz in recent years

I think he meant have we ever traded up for anyone good! lol

Time to pick a QB.

Several obvious points here when one looks at your list and look at your conclusion:

I am glad actually you went to a broader list than the final 4 for your conclusion is that though I am not able right now to compare where these teams got their QBs from, the teams clearly got their QBs from a wide variety of sources such as FA, trade, and later round draft picks. Its definitely a QB oriented league but this does not mean a team should draft a QB in the 1st round as in real life there have been a number of franchise and SB capable QBs available through other sources than the draft.

In fact, folks like Sanchez who get drafted in the 1st and immediately lead their team deep in the playoffs are far from the rule and even a great QB such as Manning who clearly was a great choice in the 1st (though it clearly raises the point that the very next choice in that draft was a first round turkey QB named Leaf so simply picking a QB in the first is no obvious answer) needed his team to do a bunch before it finally won an SB.

Even the Sanchez example of get a 1st round QB is actually one built upon the key of them taking D'Brick and Mangold when they had two 1st round choices to make.

The take a QB in the first pick basically comes down to the reality of Bradford, Claussen or Tebow. Feel free to advocate for any of three choices and simply sit back while many give you chapter and verse about why it would be downright stupid for the Bills to trade away even more resources as they likely would have to do to get into the top 5 picks where you will need to be to have a shot at a couple of these guys.

Further, even if one settles for the dregs of the third QB taken in this draft with our #9 pick it is likely gonna be a disaster for us for a range of reasons.

McClain in a 3-4 and Buluga make a lot more sense to me.

There could be 7 OT's taken in the first round (some think that Iupati can play OT, even though he was a G at Boise St.):

Russell Okung

Brian Bulaga

Anthony Davis

Trent Williams

Bruce Campbell

Vladimir Ducasse

Mike Iupati

That's nearly a quarter of the first round. Clearly a strength of this draft and something the Bills need to take advantage of.

I'm all for taking Bradford or Clausen if either is available at #9. That would be my top priority. However if I was Buddy Nix my next move would be to go up with a 2 and a 3 (what they gave up to trade up for McCargo) and get an OT. In fact I would make that move even if one was already taken with the first pick. Davis scares me a bit with some maturity issues and Campbell with his lack of experience, but the Bills really need to come away with at least one on this list.

I like what Mayock said, there is Okung then everyone else is a distant second. Let nix find us one in later rounds like he did in SD