Anyone know what we are paying Chan?

95altima12

I completely understand what you are saying and of course I will get behind him and the team... like every year... honestly we could rehire Dicky and I would still get behind this team. Don't really have a choice. But we got a month before FA and 2 before the Draft so why not.

GT was 7-6 and 7-5 many seasons behind Chan... after him they go 9-4 and then 11-2... that worries me.

Valid concern. But sometimes teams and personnel just respond well to change. Chan has won everywhere he has been thus far (on whole). And if he brings us some 9-7 seasons where we are competitive, that is at least a step in the right direction.

I didn't mean to come off like a jerk. Glad that you are on board!

I was just wondering if any numbers came out on the Chen hire? Years price?

I jsut watched TT interview talking about how people don't understand that RW is a business guy...

I do understand that but when he lies to Bills fans like this offseason... that's just BS...

"Bills owner Ralph Wilson is willing to spend upwards of $10 million to land the right person."

"It's not about money, it's about winning," Wilson said.

I don't think RW spent 10mil on Chen... yet the stadium is full every season and will be again this season even if there is no TO signing or anything like it... Bills fans love football no matter what... and it's come around to kick us in the ass...

One last point if he is so concerned about money... RAISE TICKET PRICES... how many people here would rather pay more for a ticket and win rather then less and watch out team suck for the next 10 years.

Sorry just had to vent about it... havn't goten a chance yet.

You are looking at this whole thing backwards. You're pissed that RW didn't land Cowher or Shanahan. Reports were that RW offered both the big bucks. They refused. Now you're looking at first-timers or experienced coaches who are less famous. Is RW supposed to pay these guys $10M??

Like it or not Nix hired Chan. He meets all of the requirements Nix stated at his first press conference. If Chan's price tag is $3M, is RW supposed to pay him $10M just to prove he's not cheap? That's crazy.

You have to get over the fact that Shanahan and Cowher blew us off. Buffalo, for any number of reasons, is the asscrack of the NFL. We are NEVER going to get any A-list coaches or free agents here, unless their backs are against the wall like in T.O's case. Also remember we have been 7-9 or 6-10 the last few years. Not 0-16. We are not that far from a wild card spot.

PTR

Valid concern. But sometimes teams and personnel just respond well to change. Chan has won everywhere he has been thus far (on whole). And if he brings us some 9-7 seasons where we are competitive, that is at least a step in the right direction.

I didn't mean to come off like a jerk. Glad that you are on board!

No you didn't come off as a jerk in anyway. :beer:

You are looking at this whole thing backwards. You're pissed that RW didn't land Cowher or Shanahan. Reports were that RW offered both the big bucks. They refused. Now you're looking at first-timers or experienced coaches who are less famous. Is RW supposed to pay these guys $10M??

Like it or not Nix hired Chan. He meets all of the requirements Nix stated at his first press conference. If Chan's price tag is $3M, is RW supposed to pay him $10M just to prove he's not cheap? That's crazy.

You have to get over the fact that Shanahan and Cowher blew us off. Buffalo, for any number of reasons, is the asscrack of the NFL. We are NEVER going to get any A-list coaches or free agents here, unless their backs are against the wall like in T.O's case. Also remember we have been 7-9 or 6-10 the last few years. Not 0-16. We are not that far from a wild card spot.

PTR

"Is RW supposed to pay these guys $10M??" I don't know why people keep asking this. No I never said I wanted RW to pay Chan 10mil... If Chan wanted 10mil RW wouldn't have hired him regardless of how much he wanted him. RW simply is saving money.

"is RW supposed to pay him $10M just to prove he's not cheap? That's crazy." again no never said this or hinted to it.

"He meets all of the requirements Nix stated at his first press conference." true and on a positive note I like that we did get a O-fenceive type coach... I have a lot of faith in out D even with the bad runD... I think less time on the field with a good O would help them greatly.

"Also remember we have been 7-9 or 6-10 the last few years. Not 0-16. We are not that far from a wild card spot." true but this goes against your the Bills are the asscrack of the NFL and will never get a proven coach. And keep in mind many of the games we lost we should have won, ex. NE,NO,CLE, maybe JAC second NYJ and NE games.

So we offered 10 mill per to Shanahan and maybe Cowher and they both said no, so now what? Who is out there you would pay 10 mill for?

So you are saying we should have paid Chan 10 mill or should we be happy a quality coach took the job when we have assistants turning us down for interviews?

What if Chan turns this thing around? You guys gonna B word because he is JUST making 3 mill per?

Bottom line you girls are gonna B word and whine no matter what. There will always be something about the team etc that you guys will B word about. Had Shanahan or Cowher taken the job you would B word they got paid too much, their assistants suck etc.

I hope Chan works out. There are lots of reasons to have realistic hope that he will. But I think the point is that there really was never any intention of paying anyone $10 million per season. For all we know that number was planted by Shanny's agent. I just find it very hard to believe people turn down an incremental $15 million over 5 years (as would be the case with Shanny).

I hope Chan works out. There are lots of reasons to have realistic hope that he will. But I think the point is that there really was never any intention of paying anyone $10 million per season. For all we know that number was planted by Shanny's agent. I just find it very hard to believe people turn down an incremental $15 million over 5 years (as would be the case with Shanny).

I kinda get the feeling that Nix has something to do with it... This is completely my thinking but I think Nix didn't want to bring in a big name maybe because if the team did turn around the coach would be haled as the guy (cohwer, shanny) that put it together and not Nix... on the other hand if Chan can turn the team around Nix will get all the credit for bring the no name guy in and many players. Just think about it for a sec and it kinda makes sense. Nix doesn't get any credit for bring in the coach all of the USA knew was a good coach and even the fans made a billboard for... but is Chan is a winner and the team goes to the playoffs then it make Nix out to be a genious.

What ya think?

So we offered 10 mill per to Shanahan and maybe Cowher and they both said no, so now what? Who is out there you would pay 10 mill for?

So you are saying we should have paid Chan 10 mill or should we be happy a quality coach took the job when we have assistants turning us down for interviews?

What if Chan turns this thing around? You guys gonna B word because he is JUST making 3 mill per?

Bottom line you girls are gonna B word and whine no matter what. There will always be something about the team etc that you guys will B word about. Had Shanahan or Cowher taken the job you would B word they got paid too much, their assistants suck etc.

Are you serious? I have never seen someone B word as much as you. What until the first loss of the season, then the old ICE will be back. BTW, I am not bitching about the gailey hiring. I will wait until I see the product on the field before I make my decision.

Are you serious? I have never seen someone B word as much as you. What until the first loss of the season, then the old ICE will be back. BTW, I am not bitching about the gailey hiring. I will wait until I see the product on the field before I make my decision.

For DarthIce to call others complainers is like Al Capone calling someone else a crook! :beer:

I was just wondering if any numbers came out on the Chen hire? Years price?

I jsut watched TT interview talking about how people don't understand that RW is a business guy...

I do understand that but when he lies to Bills fans like this offseason... that's just BS...

"Bills owner Ralph Wilson is willing to spend upwards of $10 million to land the right person."

"It's not about money, it's about winning," Wilson said.

I don't think RW spent 10mil on Chen... yet the stadium is full every season and will be again this season even if there is no TO signing or anything like it... Bills fans love football no matter what... and it's come around to kick us in the ass...

One last point if he is so concerned about money... RAISE TICKET PRICES... how many people here would rather pay more for a ticket and win rather then less and watch out team suck for the next 10 years.

Sorry just had to vent about it... havn't goten a chance yet.

I would be surprised if Ralph ended up spending more than $10 mil per year on Gailey's staff, Dick's fired staff and the front office and scouting dept.

Mark Gaughan hinted in one of his chats that Gailey will make at least what Jauron made, which is $3 million.

So Ralph is spending at least $6 million on head coaches next year alone.

Whats crazy is that $3 million a year is in the top half of the NFL. People need to stop crying about Ralph is cheap talk. Ralph is many things, meddlesome, stubborn, and pretty old....but he is not cheap.

Cite something that confirms that Dick is making more than $2.5 mil, as is Chan.

I have not seen anything official -as the Bills like to keep all contract details secret.

Highly unlikely either one is making more than $2.5 mil / yr.

I kinda get the feeling that Nix has something to do with it... This is completely my thinking but I think Nix didn't want to bring in a big name maybe because if the team did turn around the coach would be haled as the guy (cohwer, shanny) that put it together and not Nix... on the other hand if Chan can turn the team around Nix will get all the credit for bring the no name guy in and many players. Just think about it for a sec and it kinda makes sense. Nix doesn't get any credit for bring in the coach all of the USA knew was a good coach and even the fans made a billboard for... but is Chan is a winner and the team goes to the playoffs then it make Nix out to be a genious.

What ya think?

Do you believe in the Easter Bunny too ? Do you really believe at 70+ years of age, Nix is looking for fame ?

This is completely my thinking but I think Nix didn't want to bring in a big name maybe because if the team did turn around the coach would be haled as the guy (cohwer, shanny) that put it together and not Nix... on the other hand if Chan can turn the team around Nix will get all the credit for bring the no name guy in and many players. Just think about it for a sec and it kinda makes sense.

What ya think?

I think you have Donahoe on the brain. It does not fit Nix's track record.

What ya think?

i understand your thought. but i doubt it. hypo thinking. nix hires cowher. we win the superbowl. its a win win for everyone. isnt it?

based on your logic, gms are not really in for the best interest of a team, but more for credit for themselves...

i hope its not like this.

i understand your thought. but i doubt it. hypo thinking. nix hires cowher. we win the superbowl. its a win win for everyone. isnt it?

based on your logic, gms are not really in for the best interest of a team, but more for credit for themselves...

i hope its not like this.

True true... This whole southern, if I promise it we will do it kinda mentality freaks me out a bit though... like how much did Chan sell Nix on the idea? Though Nix did pretty much say if you hire someone based just on the interview you are an idiot soooo... we shall see.

Go Bills! SB in 15 mins... Get er done!