Aaron Campman and other free agent targets

billsfan89

I have advocated that we should stay a 4-3 D but give up the Tampa 2 aspect of it. Now I have been advocating for bringing in Derrick Johnson and Jason Ferguson to help the front 7 both guys are types of players that could be available Derrick Johnson was a beast in the traditional 4-3 but didn't fit in the 3-4 with KC so he could be had for a good but not too expensive deal.

Jason Ferguson is a run stuffer. Old sure off an injury yes. BUT the guy when healthy he is a very good run stuffer and if we can get 1 more year out of him it allows us to shift focus on the offense in the draft. Now I feel like an interesting option to further bolster our line is Aaron Kampman the guy is a free agent and might not be back in Green Bay due to Ryan Picket and Chad Clifton among other also being free agents (Also Kampman not being a fit for their 3-4 either)

Now Kampman is not a fit for the 3-4 (Which means almost half the league that won't be interested) and is coming off of an injury so that drives his price down further. But when in a 4-3 Kampman was a 10 sack a year guy. So if we were to haul in Kampman, Ferguson, and Derrick Johnson to help our front 7 would you be happy with that.

Each guy has flaws that makes them available to come to Buffalo at a Ralph price. Also if we cut guys like Kelsay, Spencer Johnson, and not resign Ryan Denny it could help fund these acquisitions.

I like everyone you mentioned. More expensive options are Wilfork and Casitllo at DT, and Merriman could play end or LB. The latter of the two may not be UFA with no CBA, Im not certain.

As far as QB goes, I would like to bring in Campbell and/or Jon Kitna for a year or two because I dont think we find our QB this draft. Other than that I wouldnt mind Quinn either in a trade.

Latest reports have GB wanting to retain Kampman. Prob won't hit the market.

They have 2 other big free agents In LT Chad Clifton and DT Ryan Picket also safety Nick Collins is a player they need to lock up. Kampman might be a guy they have no choice to let him go. Honestly why would they want to keep him if he isn't a fit for the scheme they run. Would you pay big bucks to a guy who is coming off an injury and only had 3.5 sacks in 11 games last season when you have much more pressing needs?

Kampman plus Schobel would be a nice pass rush and would allow Maybin to come along slowly.

I don't think GB will keep Kampman but I don't expect the Bills to be active on the free agent market, either. I think they'll focus on building through the draft in the early stages of this new regime.

I feel like Buffalo will be active a little in free agency. Mostly on the defensive side of the ball. We don't have enough picks to address all of our needs. Not that Buffalo will be a big buyer but they will make a handful of mid level acquisitions to patch up the D and focus on the offense with the draft. I think staying 4-3 is what we are going to do in order to build via free agency.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/82856802.html

Of the Packers' other unrestricted free agents, offering Kampman a contract is the only move they are set to do.

Thompson said he thinks Kampman can complete the transition to outside linebacker, that the team wants him back and will make an effort to re-sign Kampman.

When asked if the team will definitely offer Kampman a contract, Thompson said: "I'm sure we will."

Whether that offer comes close to the market value for Kampman or anything more than the June 1 tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights once training camps start remains to be seen.

Kampman is coming back from ACL surgery, and his timetable for returning to the field will factor into when an offer is made.

I have advocated that we should stay a 4-3 D but give up the Tampa 2 aspect of it. Now I have been advocating for bringing in Derrick Johnson and Jason Ferguson to help the front 7 both guys are types of players that could be available Derrick Johnson was a beast in the traditional 4-3 but didn't fit in the 3-4 with KC so he could be had for a good but not too expensive deal.

Jason Ferguson is a run stuffer. Old sure off an injury yes. BUT the guy when healthy he is a very good run stuffer and if we can get 1 more year out of him it allows us to shift focus on the offense in the draft. Now I feel like an interesting option to further bolster our line is Aaron Kampman the guy is a free agent and might not be back in Green Bay due to Ryan Picket and Chad Clifton among other also being free agents (Also Kampman not being a fit for their 3-4 either)

Now Kampman is not a fit for the 3-4 (Which means almost half the league that won't be interested) and is coming off of an injury so that drives his price down further. But when in a 4-3 Kampman was a 10 sack a year guy. So if we were to haul in Kampman, Ferguson, and Derrick Johnson to help our front 7 would you be happy with that.

Each guy has flaws that makes them available to come to Buffalo at a Ralph price. Also if we cut guys like Kelsay, Spencer Johnson, and not resign Ryan Denny it could help fund these acquisitions.

Let me see Schobel on one side , Kampman on the other , Stroud, Derrick Johnson , Spencer Johnson & Kyle Williams sounds good to me . I just think Spencer had a decent season last year & Williams is all heart player too plus add another year around Bob Sanders (which should be our D C ) can only help !!

I like everyone you mentioned. More expensive options are Wilfork and Casitllo at DT, and Merriman could play end or LB. The latter of the two may not be UFA with no CBA, Im not certain.

As far as QB goes, I would like to bring in Campbell and/or Jon Kitna for a year or two because I dont think we find our QB this draft. Other than that I wouldnt mind Quinn either in a trade.

They say Richard Seymor wants out of Oakland too ???

I don't think GB will keep Kampman but I don't expect the Bills to be active on the free agent market, either. I think they'll focus on building through the draft in the early stages of this new regime.

you obviously missed buddy nix stating that his philosophy you have your draft then use free agency to fill out your roster with palyers you could not acquire in the draft!

They have 2 other big free agents In LT Chad Clifton and DT Ryan Picket also safety Nick Collins is a player they need to lock up. Kampman might be a guy they have no choice to let him go. Honestly why would they want to keep him if he isn't a fit for the scheme they run. Would you pay big bucks to a guy who is coming off an injury and only had 3.5 sacks in 11 games last season when you have much more pressing needs?

Kampman plus Schobel would be a nice pass rush and would allow Maybin to come along slowly.

You're right. And, Maybin coming along slowly, you don't say!

Get off of Derrick Johnson. The guy was never a beast. What the hell were you watching? He was a bust from day 1.

Wrong KC played him for 4 plus seasons as a starter and the guy produced. Beast might be a little hyperbolic but in a 4-3 as an OLB he is an above average NFL caliber starter.