How many Bills fans are willing to man up and join me in this?

DarthICE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see some results, then we can talk support. They dont operate a non-profit you know. Show the fans some results and then we'll talk. They're just two news guys as far as I'm concerned. If the team still sucks, then there's no real surprises. If they do well, then we'll all have something interesting to watch on Sundays and talk about on Mondays. The mediocrity has gone on far too long to get excited about any new guys that come along.

In other words, wake me up when they make the playoffs.

Who really cares if people are behind this team or not. This whole conversation comes across so 5th grade. Follow them or don't follow them. Personally, as long as they have a team, I'll be happy hanging out with friends and going to games without expecting much to change....If they are good, bonus.

Let's see some results, then we can talk support. They dont operate a non-profit you know. Show the fans some results and then we'll talk. They're just two news guys as far as I'm concerned. If the team still sucks, then there's no real surprises. If they do well, then we'll all have something interesting to watch on Sundays and talk about on Mondays. The mediocrity has gone on far too long to get excited about any new guys that come along.

In other words, wake me up when they make the playoffs.

See some results??? - they don't have to win - they sold 55,000 season tickets this year - we will keep buying because of the threat of moving! Jacksonville at least knows how to try to get something for their $$. I know I am stupid enough to keep renewing my tiks

you are a cream puff sissy boy. you will also be hopeful when we sign mediocre at best free agents and reach for players in the draft. and hire a no name from g tech dcoordinator

That's what I love about this site. It's the unbridled optimism!

I am throwing my full support behind Nix and Gailey. I am going to give these guys time before I make any rash judgments. Personally I like BOTH hires. I feel if we had these two years ago we would have been a serious contender by now.

I liked Gailey's no nonsense approach in Dallas. I felt he got a raw deal as does many Cowboys fans, even JJ himself said he was wrong to fire him. I love the way Nix flat B word slaps the worthless media. I like the way he says he is going to evaluate players. I really think this guy can get us the talent we need.

So I ask you my Fellow Bills fans to not go the way of normalcy and keep bashing the guys before they have had a chance to do anything. I ask that you join me in supporting them to the fullest and hope that they will field and coach up a team we can be proud of.

I'll give you support on this!! As much as all of us wanted to hire a so called "football guru", I think both of these guys are solid football men. Nix's track record for drafting players in the past (looking at San Diego) speaks for itself. I like Chan Gailey's approach, designing and offence (and defence for that matter) towards players you've got, and using their strengths, rather than shoving a system down a players throat that doesn't utilize their skill sets

I am throwing my full support behind Nix and Gailey. I am going to give these guys time before I make any rash judgments. Personally I like BOTH hires. I feel if we had these two years ago we would have been a serious contender by now.

I liked Gailey's no nonsense approach in Dallas. I felt he got a raw deal as does many Cowboys fans, even JJ himself said he was wrong to fire him. I love the way Nix flat B word slaps the worthless media. I like the way he says he is going to evaluate players. I really think this guy can get us the talent we need.

So I ask you my Fellow Bills fans to not go the way of normalcy and keep bashing the guys before they have had a chance to do anything. I ask that you join me in supporting them to the fullest and hope that they will field and coach up a team we can be proud of.

i like the positive thinking - i'm with your thought process on this

I too hate the negativity. Right or wrong, I am and always will be a BILLS FAN! I like both hires. Tottaly willing to jump on board and give em a chance.

GO BILLS!

See some results??? - they don't have to win - they sold 55,000 season tickets this year - we will keep buying because of the threat of moving! Jacksonville at least knows how to try to get something for their $$. I know I am stupid enough to keep renewing my tiks

False, Before you post check facts. Jacksonville fans are not trying to get anything. Jacksonville is a horrible place to have NFL, the fans there just dont care a whole hell of a lot, i know ive been there.

Didnt L.A. have two teams before and neither could sell out games??

I don't know any other way. I'll find a way to love the FA's and draft picks, and talk myself into ways they can make the playoffs. When I'm in Buffalo this summer I'll go to Laux and buy up some gear and order another jersey off DHgate. I'll pony up the $300 for Sunday ticket and cook up a feast for my friends on opening day. I'm Todd, I'm a Bills fan, and I have a problem.

How is continuing to drink Ralph's KoolAid "manning up"? I think it is more of the same - if anything - you are asking people to continue to accept mediocrity. Do so if you wish, I will continue to hope, but with the realization nothing has improved. Any off season moves mad this year will be done with an eye on ticket sales - I believe the moves will include acquiring Vick and drafting Tebow somewhere....You you "Men" will lap it up....

I too hate the negativity. Right or wrong, I am and always will be a BILLS FAN! I like both hires. Tottaly willing to jump on board and give em a chance.

GO BILLS!

Can I ask you - at what point will you say enough? We have experienced 10 years of shameful performance. What will it take? 10 more? Continuing to miss on obvious draft picks? I admire your devotion, however, when this team packs it up, your devotion will only make the pain worse. Again - your passion for the team is wonderful, I only wish it would be respected by the organization and rewarded with success. Nothing we have experienced thus far indicates anything has changed....

Talk to me in December.

Im not done with this team.

But Im done with blind faith and optimism.

:thumbsup: I'm with you. Maybe not December. But we'll know what we have by Halloween for sure. I like the homespun football wisdom that Nix and Gailey seem to exude, but that means nothing until it translates to something positive and tangible on the field.

Don't forget that the same dysfunctional organizational fungus still permeates the halls of OBD. I didn't use to believe this, but now I feel like nothing will change until there is new ownership. And by then we're probably looking at relocation of the team.

Everything the team gets from me from this point going forward has to be earned...

C

yup. the buddy nix/chan gailey combo has yet to break my heart.

Thank you for being the Voice of Reason, ICEman. :thumbsup:

I will support the Buddy and Chan show up to Week 1 of the regular season... after that, everything will be based on what I see on the field. Even if they bring Michael Vick in, I will continue to support my team (unlike these bogus, psuedo-Bills fans who say they will leave :thumbsup: ).

However, I may raise an eyebrow if they burn any early picks on more of JoePa's garbage... and as always, :censored: Ralph. :devil:

Thanks your reply says it all for me. If Vick comes in great if he wins games, he did his time. My ray of optimism is that we finnaly have a GM and coach with a heart beat and at the very least the press conferences the last few weeks have been a hell of a lot better than when the mortician Jauron was there.