Mike Iupati with the #9 pick

Estro

This is a big IF but......

They could still draft a LT at 9 and if he is still on the board at say 18 or 19 they could swing a trade for him.

I love these guys from American Samoa, he seems like a natural guard though.

If the bills like him enough they will get him somehow but to pick him at # 9 is bit of a reach.

One thing that's been clear throughout the Senior Bowl practices is that Mike Iupati has solidified himself as the #1 interior offensive lineman in this years draft. How would you guys feel if the Bills nabbed him with the #9 pick?

Mayock today stated he thinks Iupati has solidifed his spot in the top 20 in the 2010 draft so #9 would seem a bit of a reach, but not a huge one.

I for one would love to solidify the offensive line, and this guys seems thick, strong and solid. Some GM's, as well as Mayock think he's capable of playing RT or LT because he has long arms and has the athleticism to make the switch. Personally I like drafting guys to play the postions they played in college to lessen the learning curve at the pro level, but his versatility can only add to his value.

Perhaps Levitre could move to LT, or Wood could move to center opening up a G spot for Iupati. An interior line of Iupati, Wood, and Levitre (from right to left) would be young and nasty.

The ideal situation, if we were to pick Iupati would be a trade down into the teens, but the question is how would you guys feel if we stood pat and picked him at #9?

A little write up from Nolan Nawrocki of ProFootballWeekly.com on Iupati for those who aren't as familiar with him:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/2...sical-abilities

Iaputi is a sure thing he has 10 year pro bowl written all over him. A guard at number 9 is very high but if the Bills managed to trade down you bet I would take him. Not a LT but RT would be fine and he would make your running game get up and go. The Bills are several drafts from being a contender so i would take any great player at the OL, Defensive Front sever or QB spots. It does not look like we will have a shot at a franchise QB worthy of a first round pick so why not

Iupati. Again he would be a trade down player for me.

One thing that's been clear throughout the Senior Bowl practices is that Mike Iupati has solidified himself as the #1 interior offensive lineman in this years draft. How would you guys feel if the Bills nabbed him with the #9 pick?

Mayock today stated he thinks Iupati has solidifed his spot in the top 20 in the 2010 draft so #9 would seem a bit of a reach, but not a huge one.

I for one would love to solidify the offensive line, and this guys seems thick, strong and solid. Some GM's, as well as Mayock think he's capable of playing RT or LT because he has long arms and has the athleticism to make the switch. Personally I like drafting guys to play the postions they played in college to lessen the learning curve at the pro level, but his versatility can only add to his value.

Perhaps Levitre could move to LT, or Wood could move to center opening up a G spot for Iupati. An interior line of Iupati, Wood, and Levitre (from right to left) would be young and nasty.

The ideal situation, if we were to pick Iupati would be a trade down into the teens, but the question is how would you guys feel if we stood pat and picked him at #9?

A little write up from Nolan Nawrocki of ProFootballWeekly.com on Iupati for those who aren't as familiar with him:

I don't like the idea of using the 9th overall pick on a guard. That's a luxury-type decision which this team is in no position to afford. We have needs at much harder-to-fill positions, such as LT, QB, RDE, and DT. Let the 9th overall pick be used on one of those!

The Bills' interior OL is fine; especially if they re-sign Incognito, put him at guard, and move Wood to center. I'm not a big fan of moving a current interior OL (either Iupati or a Bills' interior OL) to tackle.

One thing that they discovered about Iupati is that he's not quick enough or athletic enough for LT.

So, although he looks like a hell of a player, he would basically thrive as a guard, and we've got two who look like they have good futures right now in Wood and Levitre.

That's completely contrary to what I heard from Kirwan on Sirius and Mayock, both said he IS quick enough and physical enough to kick out to LT

If the Bills drafted at LT at pick 9 the went out and traded back up to take Iupati in the late 1st I would love it. Either you would move Levitre to RT and add Iupati to the interior O-line or move Iupati to RT. BUT we need either a solution at LT or QB at pick 9. Getting a guard or RT at pick 9 would be a bad move and this is coming from a guy who feels like Iupati is a can't miss type guard or RT.

If he is the highest-rated o-lineman on their board then yes, they should take him. Either he or Levitre could kick out to LT, or they could draft an LT later on in the draft (like Wang from VT, who should be there in Rounds 2 or 3).

Levitre is not really a viable candidate at LT. He isn't tall enough, nor does he have a long enough reach. If the buzz

is that Iupati can't play LT, then the Bills should not draft him. They are reasonably set at OL other than the gaping

hole at LT.

You will get a resounding yes from me.

1) Hangartner is not good enough, Wood will replace him once back from injury.

2) Considering just how bad the Bills suck at drafting, I will take a day one starter and consensus top player at ANY position(minus punter/kicker etc.) let alone a position of need (OL).

I do however think we could trade back 6 picks or so and still grab him. Even if we only got a 6th rounder in return it would be worth it.

PS, I have been thinking about it for a couple of days, and I think the Bills can position themselves to get the top two run blocking OL in this draft. At 9 take Beluga, or trade back if possible and still nab him, then trade back into rd 1 to about pick 20-25 to nab Iupati. Trading is impossible to predict but we have extra picks this year and players to get it done.- ie Ko Simpsons 7th, Schobel/Whitner/Lynch etc.

At the end of the day, would you pass on the top run blocking LT and the top G with the top 2 or 3 (trading up) picks? I would be ecstatic.