Old Buffalo News Headline Photo (Jacksonville 1996 Playoff Game)

villain189

Doubt anyone has this but worth a shot. I know I've got it somewhere but hunting it down is another story so figured I'd try here in case someone else more organized than me has it.

Looking for the December 29, 1996 Buffalo News Sports Headline photo from the Jacksonville vs Buffalo playoff game.

They had a shot of Kelly getting carted off the field by the tunnel endzone and my buddies and I were sitting first or second row in the background. It was the huge picture on either the Front Page of the News or if not the very front page definitely the Sports page headline photo. Was a very large photo.

If anyone happens to have it can you scan and post that for me?

thanks

Doubt anyone has this but worth a shot. I know I've got it somewhere but hunting it down is another story so figured I'd try here in case someone else more organized than me has it.

Looking for the December 29, 1996 Buffalo News Sports Headline photo from the Jacksonville vs Buffalo playoff game.

They had a shot of Kelly getting carted off the field by the tunnel endzone and my buddies and I were sitting first or second row in the background. It was the huge picture on either the Front Page of the News or if not the very front page definitely the Sports page headline photo. Was a very large photo.

thanks

You might try the Buffalo News archives. Or the library might have it digitally stored. I'm sure there would be a fee for using either one, but the quality would be pretty good.

It was at that game. If you find the photo, can you send me the link?

Yep...if/when I find it I'll definitely send you a link. Pretty sure I have it stored away somewhere, was just hoping to save myself the work of figuring out where it is.

thanks

I remember being at that game sitting in stunned silence when that happened, thinking it could be the last time Kelly ever played(it was), and how unbelievable it was to think an upstart Jaguars team could come in to Rich Stadium and defeat the Bills...

I remember being at that game sitting in stunned silence when that happened, thinking it could be the last time Kelly ever played(it was), and how unbelievable it was to think an upstart Jaguars team could come in to Rich Stadium and defeat the Bills...

...thanks to a blown call (Kelly's knee was down before the ball came out).

...thanks to a blown call (Kelly's knee was down before the ball came out).

It sure was.

I was at that game too. It was a non-sellout so we bought them the day before and hoped in the car. Only Bills playoff game I've seen live. :beer:

That's the only game I went to by myself sat next to a guy from Australia. Spent a lot of time being a good Bills fan explaining the rules.

I remember thinking the same thing when Kelly was carted off.

thanks

That would be interesting. That game was kind of the end of an era. Kelly's last game. I was at the game around the 20 yard line in front and when Natrone Means came up flexing his muscles in front of us after scoring a TD, the back of me got a little wet from the beer being thrown at him. Ironically a few years later, the kicker that beat us joined us for a year.