Joe D Makes Too Much Sense

If anyone just listened to WGR, they would have heard Joe D talk about what this team needs. He said he is so sick and tired of hearing all these coaches talk about discipline and not about what kind of players they are going to bring in to coach. Basically, he said build the two lines (which we all know) and get a shutdown corner. He specifically said that the Left Tackle out of Iowa is someone the Bills need to get as well as Lefevre at QB.

I would not be posting this if I disagreed. Would there be any way to get Lefevre in round 3 or would they have to take him in round 2.

If anyone just listened to WGR, they would have heard Joe D talk about what this team needs. He said he is so sick and tired of hearing all these coaches talk about discipline and not about what kind of players they are going to bring in to coach. Basically, he said build the two lines (which we all know) and get a shutdown corner. He specifically said that the Left Tackle out of Iowa is someone the Bills need to get as well as Lefevre at QB.

I would not be posting this if I disagreed. Would there be any way to get Lefevre in round 3 or would they have to take him in round 2.

That's why no one heard Joe D.

Dude, if we knew the answer to that question, we would be making hundreds of thousands working for NFL teams or for ESPN doing mock drafts that are dead on each year...

with due respect---we all seem to know it but it never seems to get done. dick jauron made millions per year and chose to take a chance on an unproven line in year 4 of his stay here.

i realize the derrick dockery, langston walker etc experiement failed, but AT LEAST they were trying to build a big and effective line. other than that debacle, it's been ten years of disaster on the o-line.

with due respect---we all seem to know it but it never seems to get done. dick jauron made millions per year and chose to take a chance on an unproven line in year 4 of his stay here.

i realize the derrick dockery, langston walker etc experiement failed, but AT LEAST they were trying to build a big and effective line. other than that debacle, it's been ten years of disaster on the o-line.

Langston Walker was an adequate RT who was a failure as a LT which to me is like putting a saddle on a cow and then calling the cow a failure when it didn't win the Kentucky Derby- or maybe in Langston's case it's an elephant instead of a cow but you get my drift.

Yes, when you analyze the offseason moves prior to last season, it makes you wonder what Jauron was thinking considering he was given only one more year to produce a winning season

1. Uses his 1st round pick on a project DE who gives him nothing.

2. He likely had little to do regarding Peters but decides to move Walker from RT to LT then decides that's not going to work in the week before the season and waives him.

3. Decides to start a player with no experience (Bell) in the most important position (LT) on the O-Line.

4. Use 1st & 2nd round picks on rookie O-linemen and eventually annoints them as starters

5. Decides to go with a no-huddle offense, when supposedly you would need veteran O-linemen to be most effective with it.

6. Fires his offensive coordinator in the week prior to the season opener, replacing him with a guy who's never called plays

And he was somewhat surprised he was fired????????????????????

funny without listening to Joe D or WGR this is what I've wanted with a DT/LB/DE in round 2

Well good for Joe D... Did Joe D mention that Nix, the guy who is supposed to be in charge of bringing players in, mentioned all of this. Gailey should be focused on running a tight ship and putting together a winning game plan with the pieces provided to him by Nix. That is how a real NFL franchise is run. We are on the right track. We have a GM and an HC that are on the same page. That is key.

As far as Lefevre, if his stock is rising, and my hopes get crushed when we don't land McNabb, why not take him in the 2nd. It is great if you are supposed to take best player available, but we have a black !@#$ing hole at QB. I do like Brohm, and think there might be something there, but would it be a problem to have 2 good QB's? Close your eyes and imagine us trading a back up for draft picks, because we have two QBs worth a damn on the roster at the same time....ahhhhhh, feels good.