Soft Spot For Tebow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, tebow is a great character guy, but his skills are not refined enough to be a day one pick, certainly he will not play within the first 3 yrs, and in the end he is a LONG TERM project/gimmick qb.

Every QB in this draft class has a MAJOR concern, the best is probably Clausen, but NONE of them are worthy of a top 5 pick IMO.

Again, tebow is a great character guy, but his skills are not refined enough to be a day one pick, certainly he will not play within the first 3 yrs, and in the end he is a LONG TERM project/gimmick qb.

Every QB in this draft class has a MAJOR concern, the best is probably Clausen, but NONE of them are worthy of a top 5 pick IMO.

Well said. I'd much rather fortify the lines or add a stud playmaker for my defense than reach for a position on someone I am not certain will be a difference maker.

Of course, I am not an NFL GM. Not smart enough, I suppose.

it's not difficult to identify the issues with each QB

1) Clausen: easily the most ready, however, sloppy footwork will get him in trouble, doesn't sell play-action, questionable pocket awareness. This might be an issue going to a team (top 10) with a questionable offensive line.

2) Bradford: How's his shoulder doin, lack of under center experience, needs to add bulk, decent arm, but no clue how he throws on the run, needs a big combine to get high in draft.

3)Mccoy: weak arm, mobility doesn't translate to NFL, floats deep balls, never played under center, etc

4) Tebow: Absolutely horrendous footwork, Plays in run-option offense, Doesn't throw smooth ball; bad touch,Inaccurate on intermediate routes, Extremely long release,Very bad passing mechanics,Locks onto primary receiver, No pro reads in offense

5)Pike: Extremely weak arm, floats the deep ball, statue in the pocket, cant evade rush, needs to bulk up A LOT, very limited skill set

6) Snead: questionable ability to read defenses, poor accuracy, bad footwork

7) Lefevour: decent arm strength, but not alot of zip on intermediate throws, played in spread ie lack of under center expereince

The point is they all got issues, so I personally wouldn't waste a top pick on anybody but Clausen, and even him, I wouldnt start yr 1

Enough about Tebow already. We get it he is a great guy and a possible leader in the locker room. I am sorry but he cannot go into a NFL locker room and do his RAH RAH to a bunch of veterans. Leadership is earned on the field of play. When he gets to the NFL it's a whole new ballgame. If Tebow doesn't have the mechanics to be a NFL QB then he is going to fail to make plays. Making Plays makes you a leader. It's not the other way around. Ask Trent and JP about that.

All this Tebow talk reminds me of when RW wanted to take Flutie with the 1st pick in the draft instead of Bruce Smith. Hopefully, our 1st round pick will be selected by the "football guys" with no marketing factored in. If they do draft Tebow, hopefully it'll be round 3 or later. This team simply cannot afford another 1st round miss.

being a seminole fan, i hate tim tebow as a player but respect his accomplishments. i admire him as a person.

that being said, urban meyer did him no favors in preparing him for the NFL and I don't think he'll amount to anything as a QB in the NFL.

Why waste another 1st round draft pick on a project or gimmick player? It's my opinioin that Tim Tebow is both. Buddy Nix already commented that he wanted a strong armed QB due to the weather in WNY. From what i have read and seen he doesn't have the arm.

The only reason why Tim Tebow gets so much coverage because he doesn't fit the Stereotype of a Football player. He is a very religious guy, and a virgin.

Sorry, but there is no way this man can ever be a man of Christ, as long as this is hanging around.

You sin every time you lay eyes on her........just sayin' :death:

www.showbizgossips.com/.../2009/10/tim_tebow.jpg

www.showbizgossips.com/.../1983

Got this for both links:

Apologies, but we can’t find what you were looking for. Whatever it was, it probably never existed, or has been moved, deleted, or *gasp* lost.

Why waste another 1st round draft pick on a project or gimmick player? It's my opinioin that Tim Tebow is both. Buddy Nix already commented that he wanted a strong armed QB due to the weather in WNY. From what i have read and seen he doesn't have the arm.

The only reason why Tim Tebow gets so much coverage because he doesn't fit the Stereotype of a Football player. He is a very religious guy, and a virgin.

There is no way that cat is a virgin. Have you NOT seen his giant-breasted girlfriend? If he IS still a virgin, he is going to a Catholic-style Hell anyway for polishing his one-eyed gopher like a maniac... all the time.......again, I ask, have you NOT seen his girlfriend? :death:

Got this for both links:

Apologies, but we can’t find what you were looking for. Whatever it was, it probably never existed, or has been moved, deleted, or *gasp* lost.

Just google "Tim Tebow's girlfriend" and feast your eyes on Miss Brown Bikini USA. :death:

There is no way that cat is a virgin. Have you NOT seen his giant-breasted girlfriend? If he IS still a virgin, he is going to a Catholic-style Hell anyway for polishing his one-eyed gopher like a maniac... all the time.......again, I ask, have you NOT seen his girlfriend? :sick:

he said he was himself. There are different kinds of virgin you know what i mean? :death:

Why can't good men lead by example without throwing God in our faces? Just curious.

There are an overwhelming majority of good men in the NFL, they exception is the idiot (Marshawn) or the criminal (Pacman, Vick).

Of the 53 guys on the Bills, there was one outright idiot (ML), no criminals, likely 10-15 guys borderline idiot (ML posse, etc.) and the rest very good men (Fred, Mcgee, Kelsay, Shobel, etc. etc. etc.) all leading by example.

Tebow is the best college football player of all time this IMO and great fun to watch.

But his characterization as a very good man leaves me behind - he is a member of a vehemently xenophobic, homophobic organization and he wants you and me to be a member of that oprganization too. To the point that he is making Supe Bowl commercials about it.

Give me Fred Jackson or Trent Edwards, or JP Losman, or Jabari Greer as a role model ANY DAY over Tim.

There are an overwhelming majority of good men in the NFL, they exception is the idiot (Marshawn) or the criminal (Pacman, Vick).

Of the 53 guys on the Bills, there was one outright idiot (ML), no criminals, likely 10-15 guys borderline idiot (ML posse, etc.) and the rest very good men (Fred, Mcgee, Kelsay, Shobel, etc. etc. etc.) all leading by example.

Tebow is the best college football player of all time this IMO and great fun to watch.

But his characterization as a very good man leaves me behind - he is a member of a vehemently xenophobic, homophobic organization and he wants you and me to be a member of that oprganization too. To the point that he is making Supe Bowl commercials about it.

Give me Fred Jackson or Trent Edwards, or JP Losman, or Jabari Greer as a role model ANY DAY over Tim.

Tebow has been doing great things for years because of the influence his faith has had, he has a very important reason to be doing the adds he's doing, and you don't have to agree, but the kid is a role model, he's done everything the right way. Spreading the word is a part of the faith, you don't have to listen, but don't hold it against him.

with that said, it's also a fact that he doesn't have the skill set to be a full time starter in the NFL, and the bills should not consider him.

Tebow has been doing great things for years because of the influence his faith has had, he has a very important reason to be doing the adds he's doing, and you don't have to agree, but the kid is a role model, he's done everything the right way. Spreading the word is a part of the faith, you don't have to listen, but don't hold it against him.

with that said, it's also a fact that he doesn't have the skill set to be a full time starter in the NFL, and the bills should not consider him.

They should not, but, this is the Bills, new coach shares his Christian philosophy, would not be surprised at all if he were this year's reach pick with our #9.