JETS COLTS GAMETIME THREAD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the celebrations but I'm disturbed by the recent nature of celebrations.

When you celebrate as a team, that's okay. But more and more you see guys running away from their teammates so they can stand apart and bask in the egocentric spotlight. You see guys ignoring their teammates after TDs and even brushing them away so they can do their little premeditated routines.

Which is weird because the vast majority of the games have been indoors or in nice weather.

Bingo. I really don't like that. Makes the other guy look kind of awkward also.

It's not about caring about winning. It's about showing off. Read San Jose post. I watch plenty of football.

You're not addressing the more recent discussion of celebrations.

Football is a team sport and you need to win as a team. Thus team celebrations are okay.

But this "look I just made a play so I'm gonna run away from everyone else so people can notice that it was me" sort of celebration?

Nothing wrong with excitement, football is a game of emotion. But I HATE the individual celebrations. This goes back to the Bruce Smith, Sanford and Son celebrations and everything before and since.

Celebrate with your effin teammates.

For the most part I agree with your posts. (Mine was a little tongue in cheek.) However, if that were the Bills out there playing with that level of excitement and enthusiam - and winninng - I would mind near as much. I think we'll see these guys settle down a little as the game goes on, but it is nice to see a team come out of the locker room pumped up.

Nucci, I'm sure you watch plenty of football. Again, my post was a little tongue in cheek. So, no offense meant.

For the most part I agree with your posts. (Mine was a little tongue in cheek.) However, if that were the Bills out there playing with that level of excitement and enthusiam - and winninng - I would mind near as much. I think we'll see these guys settle down a little as the game goes on, but it is nice to see a team come out of the locker room pumped up.

Nucci, I'm sure you watch plenty of football. Again, my post was a little tongue in cheek. So, no offense meant.

No problem, Dan. None taken.

How about displays of humility? Don't confuse excitement with self-promotion.

:ph34r:

This post, I'll disagree completely with. In a football game, especially the AFC Championship game, I don't' want to see any players on my team display humility. There is no place for humility on the football field. After the game, in the press conference - absolutely. But, out there on the field? Never. You display absolute confidence and swagger. You bust a guy in the mouth and step on his throat. Period.

This post, I'll disagree completely with. In a football game, especially the AFC Championship game, I don't' want to see any players on my team display humility. There is no place for humility on the football field. After the game, in the press conference - absolutely. But, out there on the field? Never. You display absolute confidence and swagger. You bust a guy in the mouth and step on his throat. Period.

Vince Lombardi:

http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/search.html

Stated to a running back after an overly exuberant display of celebration: Next time you make a touchdown,

act like you've been there before.

- Vince Lombardi

OK... serious question. I don't watch much college football. But, Sanchez was supposedly not ready for the NFL and lots of questions about him - yet all he's done is win. Vince Young, same thing. OK, so now we have this Tebow guy, that's not supposedly ready for the NFL, but all he's ever done is win.

My question is... should we place more emphasis on someone who knows how to win and has proven he knows how to lead his team, and consider someone like Tebow? And not worry so much about tangible things line mechanics and such??

My question doesn't relate to Tebow, but more along the line what's more important.. tangible qualities like arm strength and mechanics or intangible qualities like being a leader and motivating teammates?

Errr Dan... Vince Young may not be such a good example... Sure he's doing good now but his first season... lol...

Edit no matter what getting a QB that succeeds has about a 30% success ratio on first rounders. The question is what are the factors making it a success... Know the answer and become a rich man...