Lets draft this guy

billsfan_34

where pike and lefevour ultimately grade out will be determined in the next month or so, how they handle themselves at the senior bowl will go a long way in the draft picture. The main reason I like Lefevour is his leadership and versatility. 3 of the top 4 QB's played in the spread just like Lefevour, he's easily the best athelete among all the top qb's.

I believe Lefevours overall skill set and physicality are what will set him apart long term from the rest of the qbs in this yrs draft. with the proper mentoring and coaching he could be ready to take the reigns in 3 yrs, but I dont think it is wise for us to take ANY qb and throw him in right away. so, IMO lefevour is the best "qb of the future for the bills"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be there, i promise you that! Just curious, who else should we draft?

If Okung is there at nine then done deal..but I think he is gone by the 7th pick! Alot depends on free agency too. The FA's we bring in will definitely change our draft strategy. I know one thing...we wont be taking a DB on the first day. Would love to too see OT rd 1, DT rd 2, lefevour/pike rd 3 !

Lefevour might be an unknown to many who post on TSW, but he's far from unknown to the scouts. He has a huge booster in Mike Mayock. He'll be gone in the first round.

If LeFevour is drafted in the first round I will run a winter marathon of your choosing buck naked! Not only will he not be drafted in the first round but it is unlikely that he will be drafted in the second round. However, I will not gamble winter time running on that proposition. I see him as a third round pick. I would love to have him selected by the Bills in that round, but it is improbable because the team has so many immediate needs.

He's not a starter in the NFL , period

As of now he is on the roster and will be brought in to compete next year. As unlikely as many of us think it is going to happen if he outperforms the other qbs he will be under center. Regardless of our preconceptions about him it is what he shows on the field that will determine his status as a player. I say the same thing about Brohm. It is how he performs on the field which will determine his playing status.

If LeFevour is drafted in the first round I will run a winter marathon of your choosing buck naked! Not only will he not be drafted in the first round but it is unlikely that he will be drafted in the second round. However, I will not gamble winter time running on that proposition. I see him as a third round pick. I would love to have him selected by the Bills in that round, but it is improbable because the team has so many immediate needs.

Just remember, people said that about Flacco at first but he shot up the boards as the draft got closer. You may soon have winter marathon style shrinkage to deal with.

Why not get a QB in and have him sit and get prepared for a year, and improve the line (they drafted 2 guys last year that have done alright and will likely be better), and pick up a free agent, and possibly draft an OT with your 1st next year. I think the sooner you get a QB in the better.

Next season is NOWHERE, an obvious a rebuilding year. And none of the QB's on the roster are going to take the team to the playoffs even with better line play, so improving the line for one of them won't reap much reward.

I agree with you that the Bills are not going to be a seriously contending team next year. This is a very damaged and flawed team as it presently stands. The reason that I am stressing that the OL needs to be addressed, especially at LT, is that our offense can't function well no matter who is the qb. Even with a very good rookie OT it is going to take time to develop. Last year the Bills went with two rookie interior linemen in Woods and Levitre. Although they did struggle at times they did show promise. It is my view that if Woods regains his health he is the best player on the line for us.

Addressing the line doesn't only help the qb in passing situations but it also helps in the running game. A quality OL allows whoever is the qb a reasonable chance to succeed. Most scouts believe that Bradford and Clausen are first round talents. But with either player both qbs will struggle and be overwhelmed with a porous line.

The Bills have had a very bad OL for a very long time. The Bills have not had a valid franchise qb for a very long time. I'm not doubting that it is essential to have a legitimate franchise qb to succeed. But even with a quality qb prospect there is little chance that he will succeed unless the line is first addressed.

Just remember, people said that about Flacco at first but he shot up the boards as the draft got closer. You may soon have winter marathon style shrinkage to deal with.

I might be in trouble if my judgment doesn't work out. I don't have extra material to rely on. LOL

I agree with you that the Bills are not going to be a seriously contending team next year. This is a very damaged and flawed team as it presently stands. The reason that I am stressing that the OL needs to be addressed, especially at LT, is that our offense can't function well no matter who is the qb. Even with a very good rookie OT it is going to take time to develop. Last year the Bills went with two rookie interior linemen in Woods and Levitre. Although they did struggle at times they did show promise. It is my view that if Woods regains his health he is the best player on the line for us.

Addressing the line doesn't only help the qb in passing situations but it also helps in the running game. A quality OL allows whoever is the qb a reasonable chance to succeed. Most scouts believe that Bradford and Clausen are first round talents. But with either player both qbs will struggle and be overwhelmed with a porous line.

The Bills have had a very bad OL for a very long time. The Bills have not had a valid franchise qb for a very long time. I'm not doubting that it is essential to have a legitimate franchise qb to succeed. But even with a quality qb prospect there is little chance that he will succeed unless the line is first addressed.

Yeah, but if there is a worthy QB in this draft , get him in here. The line can be improved as he is developed, then you have a QB ready to go. If not it's "draft a lineman, play through the year as a lame duck with Fitzpatrick or whoever, then draft a QB, wait 2 or 3 years for that QB to develop, then it's playoffs in 2014!

Get a QB in as soon as possible and get him going, and in the meantime improve the line. Much more time effective!

he looks like a jp losman to me... mobile, and looks especially mobile against people who aren't top tier athletes... throw's the ball on target, but I don't see a long ball, I don't see him fitting it into tight windows. I bet his stock climbs at the combine when people see he can actually make all the throws... oh and i might add, the people catching balls in the video made it look easy.

staring down his receivers could mean the death to him... atleast in the NFL. One great quality though, he looks as though he's quite adequate at checking it down lol

he looks like a jp losman to me... mobile, and looks especially mobile against people who aren't top tier athletes... throw's the ball on target, but I don't see a long ball, I don't see him fitting it into tight windows. I bet his stock climbs at the combine when people see he can actually make all the throws... oh and i might add, the people catching balls in the video made it look easy.

staring down his receivers could mean the death to him... atleast in the NFL. One great quality though, he looks as though he's quite adequate at checking it down lol

This. Of all the highlights this kid has, why isn't there any highlights of him throwing the deep ball? I say pass.