How do the Bills screw up the draft every year??

Thurman8125

I have never seen anything like it. Mike Williams instead of Bryant McKinnie. Losman, McCargo, Eric Flowers...etc. And then more recently they take Leodis McCelvin over Rogers-Cromartie (Pro Bowler) and Mike Jenkins who is becoming a star for the Cowboys. Figures the Bills have their choice of the three and pic the wrong one. Then last year, Aaron Maybin?!! LOL. I follow the draft very closely and always assume that the NFL people are there for a reason and know a whole lot more than me, but then they pull garbage like this year after year and makes me start to wonder. Maybin was the only one that was mentioned for the Bills that I knew would be a horrible pick. Leave it to the Bills to take him. No Michael Oher, who has been excellent for the Ravens and was at a position of dire need. Of course not. The draft failures in Buffalo are beyond ridiculous. Can't wait to see how they manage to screw it up this year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure do see a lot of former Bills playing on other teams. So when we do draft well, they don't stick around.

I have never seen anything like it. Mike Williams instead of Bryant McKinnie. Losman, McCargo, Eric Flowers...etc. And then more recently they take Leodis McCelvin over Rogers-Cromartie (Pro Bowler) and Mike Jenkins who is becoming a star for the Cowboys. Figures the Bills have their choice of the three and pic the wrong one. Then last year, Aaron Maybin?!! LOL. I follow the draft very closely and always assume that the NFL people are there for a reason and know a whole lot more than me, but then they pull garbage like this year after year and makes me start to wonder. Maybin was the only one that was mentioned for the Bills that I knew would be a horrible pick. Leave it to the Bills to take him. No Michael Oher, who has been excellent for the Ravens and was at a position of dire need. Of course not. The draft failures in Buffalo are beyond ridiculous. Can't wait to see how they manage to screw it up this year.

I'll give you Mc kinnie as he has started his whole career for minnie, but he is marginal a best, talent wise. Williams seems to have resurected his career in Washington. Losman had potential but was mismanaged then cast out by the next regime. McCargo is a bust. Flowers was Butler parting shot before leaving for SD. The jury is still out on "Mclovin", and "Maybe" although I would have loved DRC and Arakpo. There were many who questioned Oher's ability to play LT. Obviously he proved them wrong. But lets not forget Levitre, Wood, Nelson and lastly buy certainly not least Byrd! You win some and you lose some.

I'll give you Mc kinnie as he has started his whole career for minnie, but he is marginal a best, talent wise. Williams seems to have resurected his career in Washington. Losman had potential but was mismanaged then cast out by the next regime. McCargo is a bust. Flowers was Butler parting shot before leaving for SD. The jury is still out on "Mclovin", and "Maybe" although I would have loved DRC and Arakpo. There were many who questioned Oher's ability to play LT. Obviously he proved them wrong. But lets not forget Levitre, Wood, Nelson and lastly buy certainly not least Byrd! You win some and you lose some.

And the Bills lose way more than they win. Maybin over Orakpo was a joke.

last years draft was pretty good - I think Maybin is a poor fit on a 4-3 team but Wood, Bryd (a pick I hated), Levitre, and Nelson were nice picks- the Jury is out on Nick Harris but Cary Harris and Lankster have played well for late round picks, I wonder if Maybin would have any trade value to a 3-4 team- The Bills 9 and Maybin for SF 13 and 16 would be pretty sweet.

How do he Bills screw up the draft every year? If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

If the same people (Modrak) are there evaluating the talent you get the same results. I read a claim that Modrak wanted to draft Cushing last year. It is rumored that Jauron made the Maybin pick. You can't say for sure who made the pick because the decentralized front office system installed by the owner makes it difficult to give credit or blame when it is such a collaborative approach. I think with Buddy Nix acting as a GM he will be the primary selector.

Nix has commented that when he evaluates talent he leans toward extended productivity on the playing field over physical specimens. In other words he is looking for football players more than just athletes. He would take a receiver who has demonstrated that he can run good routes and catch the ball compared to Al Davis who would give a lot of weight to how fast a receiver can run. Last year Al Davis took Howard-Bey over Crabtree.

I have never seen anything like it.

Stop looking in your crystal ball. The Bills do not have the ability look into future using hindsight. Other teams pass up players Bills pass up as well and were attempting to draft players Bills picked.

Well, they've been at it for a while!

I sure do see a lot of former Bills playing on other teams. So when we do draft well, they don't stick around.

One of the things that Nix mentioned in his first press conference was to build the team through the draft and to focus on re-signing players after their initial contract expired. Hopefully he will draft well and follow through on re-signing them.

Oher is an RT, not an LT. RT was not a position of dire need.

There were many who questioned Oher's ability to play LT. Obviously he proved them wrong.

Actually, he played a great deal worse at LT. He's a superb RT and a below-average LT. Some day he might make a good LT but he certainly hasn't proved it. And I suspect that the Ravens see him as a career RT. They've already got a good LT.