How do the Bills screw up the draft every year??

Thurman8125

Bad coaching and injuries have hurt this team as much as bad picks

Bull ****. Injuries or no this team is filled with what would be other teams backups. Are you kidding me? Williams instead of McKinney? Whitner instead of Ngata? Maybin aka 'the stick' instead of Orakpo? Trading back up for friggin JP loserman and McCargo? Come on man... :wallbash:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woulda, coulda, shoulda:

2009- Maybin (#10) or Brian Cushing (#15) (def R.O.Y)

2008- McKelvin(#11) or Ryan Clady(#12) ( #1 Left Tackle in NFL)

2007- Lynch (#12) or Darrelle Revis (#14) (#1 corner in NFL)

2006- Witner (#8) or Haloti Ngata (#12) ( PRO Bowl NT)

2006- McCargo (#26) or Nick Mangold (#29) (#1 Center in NFL)

2005- traded away to DAL (#20) for J.P. Losman or Aaron Rodgers (#24) (PRO Bowl QB)

Thank you! Every !@#$ing year they !@#$ up the first round and miss on guys that became studs in the NFL. And its not like these were long shots either. They were right there, you KNEW these kids would play well in the NFL and they just passed on them :wallbash::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

added a few years....

woulda, coulda, shoulda:

2009- Maybin (#10) or Brian Cushing (#15) (def R.O.Y)

2008- McKelvin(#11) or Ryan Clady(#12) ( #1 Left Tackle in NFL)

2007- Lynch (#12) or Darrelle Revis (#14) (#1 corner in NFL)

2006- Witner (#8) or Haloti Ngata (#12) ( #4 NT in NFL))

2006- McCargo (#26) or Nick Mangold (#29) (#1 Center in NFL)

2005- traded away to DAL (#20) for J.P. Losman or Aaron Rodgers (#24) (PRO Bowl QB)

2004- Lee Evans (#13) or Vince Wilfork (#21) ( #3 NT in NFL)

2004- #43 traded to Dal or Bob Sanders (#44) (All Pro Safety)

2003- #14 traded to NE for Bledsoe or Troy Polamulu (#16)

2003- McGahee (#23) or Dallas Clark (#24) or Nnamdi Asomugha(#31)

2002- Mike Williams (#4) or Dwight Feeney(#11) or Albert Haynesworth (#15) or Ed Reed (#24)

thats enough pain......

Why everyone is so quick to shut the book on maybin is puzzling to me. He was a rookie for petes sake, give the guy a full offseason to put on the proper weight, I think we will all be surprised at what he does next year. And Mckelvin, had a good rookie year and was looking to improve on it this year before the injury, DRC didnt have the grade to take as high as mckelvin, plus we wanted a KR. Don't get me wrong, i didnt like either pick, but you can't write these guys off so fast. I think Maybin will def benefit from converting to a rush end OLB this year, its more of a natural fit for him to use his speed to get around the edge.

I think the maybin pick becomes a bigger problem if we switch to a 3/4

My biggest problem with Maybin is that I think this is a case of the scouting staff having the wool pulled over their eyes by a one-year wonder college player who prepared specifically for the combine to get drafted high. Maybin didn't even play one full year of college ball. He only had ONE thing going for him...his first step and speed around the edge. He was undersized and struggled against the run. He has no other moves to beat offensive linemen. He has never proven he can even stand the test of a full season.

Then, he went through a special combine training program to artificially pack on some mass and train specifically for the drills he'd be facing at the combine. Of course it did wonders and his combine workout was great.

The result? Some NFL team was bound to be suckered in by his one amazing partial season at Penn State and his incredible combine workout. That team? Yeah, you know the answer to that.

Any talk of McKelvin being a bust is absurd. He is a superstar talent, how soon we forget the last part of his rookie year. The kid can play.

I'm not convinced. He has thus far shown that he is an adequate CB that can play in the NFL...but superstar talent? I've seen very little in the way of his coverage skills to indicate he's anywhere near being a future all-star.

I'm hoping that Mayben comes along as quickly, and has just as much impact, as the 1st rounder from the year before, James Hardy.... But cling to the belief that the Bills draft well and the players may come along "next year."

Was Hardy a first rounder? Not that we even wanted to give up a 2nd round pick for him either.

Just because we had the Williams bust - we have to get on the horse again and get an OL with #9 pick - a tackle to compliment what really should be 2 solid GUARDS in Wood and Levitre

Was Hardy a first rounder? Not that we even wanted to give up a 2nd round pick for him either.

Just because we had the Williams bust - we have to get on the horse again and get an OL with #9 pick - a tackle to compliment what really should be 2 solid GUARDS in Wood and Levitre

If only we had Peters...we could be talking about addressing some other need (likely on defense) rather than OT.